Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Melanin Theory  (Read 3077 times)

sleiman2

• Newbie User
Melanin Theory
« on: July 31, 2008, 08:27:28 PM »

from wikipedia:

Several black supremacists justify supremacist assertions with purported qualities of melanin based on distortions of scientific fact or speculation.  This contention is known generally as the "Melanin Theory".  The central idea of the Melanin Theory is that the levels of melanin in dark skin naturally enhance intelligence and emotional, psychic and spiritual sensitivity[29] and physical prowess.

Melanin is an organic semiconductor, which naturally mediates the conduction of sound and radiant energy, as well as neural impulses.  Believers in Melanin Theory conflate these natural properties of melanin to a belief that the substance bestows upon people of color -- most especially Black people -- superhuman abilities,[30] with some contending that melanin is a superconductor; it is not.  Some assert that it can absorb electromagnetic radiation, others that it can convert light and magnetic fields to sound[30][29]; that it can process information without reporting to the brain; and, further, that it is the chemical basis for what is commonly called "soul". [29]

They also claim that, because neuromelanin, which is found in the substantia nigra (in Latin, literally "black substance") of the human brain, plays a role in the transmission of neuronal impulses, higher levels of melanin in skin enable nerve synapses to fire more quickly and efficiently as well, thereby enhancing the natural athleticism of Black people.  However, no direct correlation between race and the level of melanin in the substantia nigra has been observed.  [31]

One of the notions of melanin theory is that white people are "mutants", that white skin is an aberration, a form of albinism.  Melanin theorist Wade Nobles takes this notion even further, stating that only Black people are fully human because of their higher levels of skin melanin:

That in the evolution of the species, in what some people call the ontogenetic evolution of humankind, that in the evolution of the species the human family separated in a sense that one branch of the family stopped its evolutionary path and simply depended upon the central nervous system as the total machinery for understanding reality.  Whereas, the root of the family continued its path and not only evolved a central nervous system but developed what I called at that time an essential melanic system.  And that I even went so far as to try to develop a little formula and suggested that CNS + EMS = HB.  CNS (Central Nervous System) + EMS (Essential Melanic System) = HB (Human Being).  That the central nervous system combined with the essential melanic system is what makes you human.  That, in fact, to be human is to be Black.  To be human is to be Black.  (Nobles 1989).

Others, such as psychiatrist and writer Frances Cress Welsing, express the same idea by their use of the term "hue-man" instead of "human,".  Welsing is the author of "The Cress Theory of Color Confrontation" and "The Isis Papers: The Keys to the Colors", which in part ascribes certain purported, inherent and behavioral differences between black and white people to a "melanin deficiency" in white people:

On both St.  Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day, the white male gives gifts of chocolate candy with nuts….  If his sweetheart ingests "chocolate with nuts," the white male can fantasize that he is genetically equal to the Black male….  Is it not also curious that when white males are young and vigorous, they attempt to master the large brown balls, but as they become older and wiser, they psychologically resign themselves to their inability to master the large brown balls? Their focus then shifts masochistically to hitting the tiny white golf balls in disgust and resignation — in full final realization of white genetic recessiveness.

Welsing also claims that the prevalence of high blood pressure among African Americans is due to the fact that melanin exchanges "black photons" with other electrons and, therefore, picks up the negative energy vibrations from white people.

Welsing proposes that because it is so easy for pure whiteness to be genetically lost during interracial breeding, light-skinned peoples developed an aggressive colonial urge and their societies militaristically dominated others in order to preserve this light-skinned purity.

Melanin theorist Carol Barnes claims that white scientists have deliberately created drugs such as cocaine, which are specially structured to chemically bind with melanin.  Barnes claims that melanin and cocaine have a high affinity for each other because both are alkaloids, and that Black people get addicted faster, stay addicted longer, can test positive for cocaine even a year after its most recent use, and suffer more from these drugs because cocaine co-polymerizes into melanin.  Yet, melanin is not an alkaloid, and there is no evidence that melanin co-polymerizes with cocaine in vivo.  He further writes in his book Melanin: The Chemical Key to Black Greatness:

Melanin is responsible for the existence of civilization, philosophy, religion, truth, justice, and righteousness.  Individuals (whites) containing low levels of Melanin will behave in a barbaric manner.  Melanin gives humans the ability to FEEL because it is the absorber of all frequencies of energy.  Since whites have the least amount of Melanin, this is why they are perceived by People of Color as generally being rigid, unfeeling (heartless), cold, calculating, mental, and "unspiritual. "

This hypothesis is supported by black academic Leonard Jeffries, who was dismissed in 1992 from his post as chairman of the Harlem's City College Black Studies department for having allegedly made anti-Semitic statements. [34] Jeffries claims that the pigment melanin is the source of intelligence and creativity.  He divides humanity into African “sun people” and European “ice people,” the latter being not only melanin-deficient but born cold and greedy, militaristic, authoritarian, and possessed of a host of other racially determined defects.

is this shit cool or what?

curious what the blacks, half blacks and half-half blacks got to say bout this

peace

natty threads

• Senior User
Re: Melanin Theory
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 09:53:59 PM »

As far as I know I'm not black, but does this mean I'm getting smarter when I tan?

Bless up!

Ras I

• Full User
  • At Least, I Am; At Most, I Am.
    • MySpace
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 05:10:21 AM »

It's unfortunate that these studies are all too often soiled by resentment and the drive to dehumanize. I've read several books on the subject, and even in my high school it was brought up that "people of color" turn rhythmic sounds into energy. It's pretty interesting, and there are quite a few theories that seem pretty legitimate. That's what one "half-black" got to say bout this.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 05:12:04 AM by Ras I »

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 12:43:04 PM »

Whats cool, that black supremacists are listening to psychiatrists and theorists who have no authority in scientific findings talking racial nonsense when the world (meaning all races) needs food, security and equal rights...I say no it's not cool nor interesting.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 02:11:05 PM »

Cause and effect are confounded.

You are born black because you have rhythm.
You don't have rhythm because you're born black.

I am definitely tanning more often. ;)

(Tongue FIRMLY in cheek)

Bless up!

RAS GROWSTRONG

• Normal User
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 11:49:54 PM »

Black supremacist are not the master minds behind the world food shortage, security nor the lack of equal rights as for melanin it contains healing properties and pharmaceutical companies exploit its powers again not Black supremacist but scientist that actually lack melanin are the gainers

. . .  one thing for sure your melanin will not save you from the wrath the most

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 03:22:29 PM »

You mis-understood my point.

Higginz

• Regular User
  • To Jah alone I swear.
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 09:25:07 PM »

All man is equal and should live in Inity.  I respect the original, but there is no excuse for spreading hurt or hate.  The Most High Selassie I preached against prejudice and racism, so have all great men through iwa.  No man who splits I and I into isms and Schisms is good nor great.
Science is knowledge of the exterior. 

Religion is answer to the interior.

"RastafarI is no legend, reality.  Better be wise.  Accept the most high in your life, and refuse mental slavery, no compromise. "  - AlBorosie

NegusNegustiality

• Veteran User
  • Negus*Negustial ity is the reality of H.I.M.
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 09:24:14 PM »

Ises,
I have a short time but I ask this.  If the melanin theory is a fraud, what is melanin's purpose as everything has its purpose upon creation?  Please raspond from the well of intelligence, study or reason and please left the emotional whims and feelings out of it.  This forum should be a place of learning and then Iyah learning, so let it remain so.

inHIM

Higginz

• Regular User
  • To Jah alone I swear.
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 10:16:47 PM »

Ises,
I have a short time but I ask this.  If the melanin theory is a fraud, what is melanin's purpose as everything has its purpose upon creation?  Please raspond from the well of intelligence, study or reason and please left the emotional whims and feelings out of it.  This forum should be a place of learning and then Iyah learning, so let it remain so.

inHIM

Though it need not be fraud, it surely does not make the original superior to I or my my Idren of white color? As for the purpose of it, I believe Wikipedia can most likely answer your question as I can nothing but theorize on the subject.
Science is knowledge of the exterior. 

Religion is answer to the interior.

"RastafarI is no legend, reality.  Better be wise.  Accept the most high in your life, and refuse mental slavery, no compromise. "  - AlBorosie

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 06:29:53 PM »

as for melanin it contains healing properties and pharmaceutical companies exploit its powers

Hello Brother. Interesting idea you present here.

I thought at first you were confused with melatonin, but I ran a search and it looks like you do mean melanin.

Is there an article you could link or perhaps could you explain a little more?

Thank-you.
Bless up!

Posted on: September 14, 2008, 10:20:32 AM
If the melanin theory is a fraud, what is melanin's purpose as everything has its purpose upon creation?
inHIM

Melanin apparently has healing properties.
Very interesting.

And as we all know, it is very helpful for adapting to extremely sunny climates.

I think that because properties or qualities arise together does not mean that one causes the other.

To deny a corelation between certain physical traits and genealogies in people and their skill sets and talents would be to turn a blind eye to the evidence.

Some things, the more they are discussed the more strife they cause.
Some things, while generally true, are better left unassumed.

It would certainly be nice if there were a direct corelation between the amount of melanin a person has and that person's "rhythmability", smoothness of voice, and ability to jump.

I would most definitely tan hard and tan often if this were the case. :)

Bless up!

RAS GROWSTRONG

• Normal User
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 01:17:03 AM »

Ppl that lack sufficient melanin suffer from Parkinson disease so they try to get infusions of melanin its all worked out medically I do not know deals if your curious keep digging there is one lead ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson%27s_disease

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.