Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: TTOI And my complete meltdown... a brother needs some help!  (Read 1227 times)

russianlul

• Newbie User
TTOI And my complete meltdown... a brother needs some help!
« on: September 06, 2008, 10:07:32 PM »

If I come across as dramatic, its just "my whole belief system" has been smashed.   Im 32 I LOVE REGGAE MUSIC with all my heart and the message I believed it carried.    Skelly and Wiss from Ivibes are like my complete heros.    I have had the chance to reason with them a few times.   They are really too much.  

So like when ever Apple left the group was my first show and i was magically hooked, 10 years? So i see the "Live in the Holy land" (ivibes) anyways while telling their story they say that the TTOI supported them financially at first to travel the world and spread psalm .  .  .   I was like " Wow, that sounds like a really awesome organization"  I did some poor internet searches about "Twelve Tribes of Israel" on google .    All i kept finding was biblical references and I knew I was looking for something other then that: a present day organization.    Lack of ambition took over and I just traveled on the road of destiny.    God is everything to me.   And I seek truth.    So i recently found http: homepage.  ntlworld.  com/davebulow/wow/index.  htm  "Words of Wisdom" CHECK IT OUT. 

Anyways all the information there was exactly what i needed. 

Im trying to keep this simple, sorry. 

anyways Rastafari to me has nothing to do with Locks or marijuana.   It is the principles that peter tosh spoke of and bob and IVibes that i hold close to my heart.    I never could relate to worshiping Selassie as Jesus reincarnated.    I just don't understand how one would worship a man, any man, no matter how "Godly.  "

Then I find out TTOI rejects Selassie and sticks with Jesus.    I was not really ready for that.    I have no prejudice towards Christianity it just seems to have a lot of holes in it. 

I also Had a full on "White Light" experience when i was 17, left my body, saw my whole life, traveled down a tunnel towards a white light that i could only barley explain .  .    I never wanted to leave, I was in the presence of my conception of God.    My spirt returned to my body and i was REALLY pissed.    

My point is NEVER have i had a spiritual experience that pointed towards Christ.    I simply, at this point, I totally can't worship him.    I would be lying. 

I don't know exactly how i missed the text message about all this shit, but im kinda confused and fuked up.  .  .   trippin.     Everything has pointed me to TTOI and now I feel like i have to recoil. 

i hope i made some sense.  

Please respond

Much respect

Mike ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 10:16:55 PM by russianlul »

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
Re: TTOI And my complete meltdown... a brother needs some help!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 11:50:50 AM »

I don't get it. You have a problem with the organization, their faith or your faith?

russianlul

• Newbie User
Re: TTOI And my complete meltdown... a brother needs some help!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 01:37:46 AM »

I got a wise response to this.  ill post "Irie Ites Michael,

Good to hear from you again. . .  I was thinking of you the other day, wondering how you were. . .

Hey I can totally relate to what you're going through.  I had very similar experiences a few years back.  Of course, it all touches on very deep matters, and there's a lot to be said, but let me try and keep it simple and to the point.

There's one hell of a lot of confusion in the world today about "Jesus Christ" (as there is about many other supposedly divine figures).  On this subject, a true mystic will explain that the confusion lies in failing to distinguish between "Jesus" and "the Christ".  "Jesus" was a man (albeit a very wise and loving man), whereas "the Christ" is an eternal cosmic principle that was, for a brief period, united with the soul and body of the man Jesus.  The same can be said to apply to any human being who has truly allowed God to come and dwell within him and completely take over the running of his "kingdom".  (Hence the only true "Kingdom of God" is a human being who allows God to be his "King").

I was very attracted to the TTOI for a while, until I realised that they too are caught up by endless dogmas, as are most religions! My personal advice is, allow yourself to absorb positive aspects of genuine spirituality wherever you find them, without committing yourself to any organised or institutionalised religion (because God has no religion, and every religion is man-made).  The only true religion is a universal religion, knowing no boundaries.

The Rastafarian tradition (as diverse as its branches may be) has a very positive emphasis on "Inity" or One-ness.  That's worth dwelling on.  The teachings about universal brother/sister-hood are also very valuable and pertinent, especially as we enter into the new Age.  But always bear in mind that the true Brother/Sister-hood includes all of the wise, loving, intelligent Beings in the higher realms who look after us human beings as we struggle on our paths back to God.  And it's Them you should link yourself with every day.

I hope this helps you.  The bottom line is: stay focussed on your goal (i. e.  God), stay positive, stay humble, and you can't go wrong!

Sending a lot of Light, positive vibes and encouragement your way!!

Keep in touch when you have time,

xxxxxxxxxxxxx 

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.