Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bobo music  (Read 5057 times)

Higginz

• Regular User
  • To Jah alone I swear.
Bobo music
« on: September 12, 2008, 08:46:13 PM »

I've been listening to a whole lot of rasta music lately, dance hall and reggae mostly, and much of this has been inspired by the Bobo Ashanti rastas.

What I found strange about some lyrics were the homophobic messages. I wouldn't have been surprised were it meerly "Don't be gay.", but it was something in the direction of "Blaze up the fyah 'round batty bwoy!". OK, so by now I'm getting quite "What? Are I and I allowed to say that?" seeing as my theory of rasta has always been to spread love to all as one, be they retarded, gay or whatever. I realize the Bible preaches against homosexuality, but I see it more of a personal choice to follow the bible or not (I won't go into my personal views on homosexuality, and I ask the Idren to do the same), than a necessity.

So, what are our views on this?

P.S: I realize we are dangerously close to breaking rules here, which is why I ask my Idren on this forum to respect the rules, as there is no need to spread hate and start arguments rather than share love.
Science is knowledge of the exterior. 

Religion is answer to the interior.

"RastafarI is no legend, reality.  Better be wise.  Accept the most high in your life, and refuse mental slavery, no compromise. "  - AlBorosie

NegusNegustiality

• Veteran User
  • Negus*Negustial ity is the reality of H.I.M.
Re: Bobo music
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 12:38:54 AM »

Ises,
Rastafari is a creation trod first and foremost.  We bun fiyah pon batty man and woman straight no apology because dem stray and trick too many of the youths minds.  It is a desecration of the reproductive process and it nah create nothing at all except confusion. Lava straight!!!

inHIM

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
  • Humbleness, righteousness, consciousness.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 09:00:46 PM »

Greetings and love in the name of the most I King Haile I Jah Rastafari.

"I realize the Bible preaches against homosexuality, but I see it more of a personal choice to follow the bible or not".

Even if yuh nuh follow the Ible , homosexuality still be as wrong. Very simple to realise, as when people dont follow the bible , homosexuality STILL cant create life. Its not about following the bible or not , its nature.
If homosexuality was about following the bible, then people who were not biblical should be able to reproduce even if homosexual. But that nuh happen, because homosexuality is not a part of nature.
Homosexuality = Death, literally. If all world would be homosexual , we would have no life on earth, and what does that show us? It shows us that there's something wrong with it. It is very simple to overstand, yet so hard for many. Then you might say "But everyone is not homosexual so it is okey.", but no matter if there's one homosexual on earth, or a million, its still just as big sin. We have to separate ourselves from wickedness.

Jah create man and woman, not man and man, and not woman and woman. Man and woman, and that is how it must be. If homosexuality be right in any kind of way, then Jah would have created a way for homosexual to reproduce with eachother, but there is not, because it should not exist in this world.
And indeed, Rastafari is about love, unity and truth. But as I said we have to separate ourselves from wickedness. Iman respect homosexuals as humans ofcourse, and they still have their human rights, but their sexuality is a big sin and have always been. I agree that Rastafari is about love, because it is. But it is NOT about breaking JAH laws. I love all and everything except what JAH tell me is wrong and wicked. How can I accept something that my creator tells me is corrupt and wicked? I cannot. People misunderstand Rastafari, because Rastafari is not to love and accept everything that crosses our ways.
Hope this helped you in any way.

Blessings and guidance. Selassie I the first!
Selah.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 09:11:32 PM by Soldier of Jah »
Jah Jah light is so bright it can be seen even by the blind

Higginz

• Regular User
  • To Jah alone I swear.
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 09:13:27 PM »

Bless up.

I and I, NegusNegustiality and Soldier of Jah are repeating my views of homosexuality, but still one question remains If they regret, repent, and accept the most high, can they not be forgiven?

The Bible teaches us right from wrong and amongst the wrong is homosexuality. On the right is forgiveness, equality, love, life, and respect which is a cycle we live by and escape sin to be accepted in Zion. This must be done to escape a sinful life, one must show respect, equality, make love and create life. Preach the holy Bible and word of jah to heathens and all man who has not heard it. Can't we turn batty away from a sinful life by preaching the bible instead of dashing in fire? Just as we can destroy other temptations of flesh and sin?

I know homosexuality is wrong, but so is murder. If we dispise homosexuality for not creating life, are we any better for destroying it? All man has a right to live, born or unborn. If we tell batty "Hey man. What you're doing isn't supporting anyone in anything. You're wasting sperm, thereas life. Stop living in temptation of flesh and sin, Jah has a place for everyone, it's time you straighten up and fill yours. Create blessed life and support humanity. Are you not glad for the life your parents gave you? Don't you want to share that gift to your own children?" won't it be alright? I realize some of the homosexuals of the world won't listen to this reason, but I am no man to murder. I let Jah judge, for judgement cannot be carried out by man but only the most high Jah Rastafari.

Respect and love, escape sin and live well, Share life unto your children and respect the woman.
RastafarI gift is for all man to share.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 09:26:28 PM by Higginz »

"RastafarI is no legend, reality.  Better be wise.  Accept the most high in your life, and refuse mental slavery, no compromise. "  - AlBorosie

Ras Adam

• Senior User
  • Jah Love To One and All
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 10:18:44 PM »

Reggae and dancehall is not bobo music.
Many bobos condemn the dancehall "kill batty" vibe. Even many bobos condemn all reggae and dancehall - as it is pop music - popular music, with fashions, etc.
Only real bobo music is NYAHBINGHI.
Many bobos don't like the image Sizzla, Turbulance and all those make of the BoboShanti, and that they sing about "fat gals" alongside "Emmanuel I teaching".

Personally I see the hardcore kill batty vibe as a pure JAMAICAN vibe and not a RASTA vibe. Homosexuality/anal sex is forbidden in Jamaica.
We never deal with death, we only deal with life.
We never hear Selassie I raging on homos.

Oneness

Higginz

• Regular User
  • To Jah alone I swear.
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 12:45:58 PM »

Bless up, wise argument. You make a good point.

I agree that it's not bobo music, nor even rasta music. Reggae and dancehall isn't always rasta lyrical, and sometimes just good vibes. And indeed Nyahbinghi is only true rasta music.

But homosexuality is still against the bible, and so as followers of Jah we use the bible to follow better. I don't believe as you say that batty should be killed, as I don't believe life is ours to take, but Jahs to judge. Sizzla and such artists aren't necessarily representatives of Bobo Ashanti, and most definitely not elects of god with right to take life or preach for it to be taken and neither are we, but we have a pledge to guide, if possible, everyone to the right path. If they wish not to follow, that is their choice. We cannot judge or criticize (Ps. CritisISM. Isms and schisms, Idren.) as that is Jahs right alone.

Ras Adam

• Senior User
  • Jah Love To One and All
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 04:09:47 PM »

isn't always rasta lyrical, and sometimes just good vibes
Many times it's just BAD vibes.

I don't believe as you say that batty should be killed
Iman never say that, Sizzla say that..

We cannot judge or criticize (Ps. CritisISM. Isms and schisms, Idren.)
Do you mean that I judge? I use isms?
We CAN and MUST criticize Babylon when it's necessary and obvious. It is not bad to criticize the evil, and not bad to accuse the badman.

Babylon dead and gone..

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 07:33:38 PM »

Blessings.
I know what you mean when saying every man has his own life to live and only JAH can judge anyone. And that is very true. Though I believe you misunderstood I. Iman nevah say kill homosexual, because killing is a sin just as much as being homosexual. Saying "bun dem with fiyah" or whatever some dancehall artists may sing about, in my case, its not physical, and its not personal. Im not encouraging people to walk around burning homosexuals with fire, literally. Nor shooting them or physically abusing them in any kind of way. What I mean if I would say "bun homosexual", I mean with the consciouss fiyah, meaning bun their sexuality and let JAH judge dem at Judgement day. Hence why I said "Iman respect homosexuals as humans ofcourse, and they still have their human rights".
Though a more proper way would be to say "burn homosexuality" instead of "burn homosexual", as we dont want to burn any human literally, that is what people nuh understand sometimes.
They think we murderers who encourage killing and stoning to death, which is not true at all.

"Can't we turn batty away from a sinful life by preaching the bible instead of dashing in fire?"

Brother, we are spreading the words of the Bible, and we are spreading truth and love, but it is not just so simple that we can teach it to everyone and everyone will follow. My friend who is interested in Rastafari, for a while ago, told me she was bisexual, I told her to bun dat, because it nuh JAH ways, but I did much more than only burnin seen? I sit down, reason to her alot, read the Bible together with her, and spread truth about what she just found out about herself, and then she realised it is wrong against nature and a sin against JAH, to commit homosexual acts. She learned from that, aswell as I learned that we cannot just bun everything in our way, because the fire will then consume ourselves to.
Spread JAH word, and spread JAH love, but follow his words and apprecilove his ways, because he knows what is best for humanity ,as Jah himself create humanity.

We are all JAH creations , no matter if we black, white, homosexual or heterosexual, man or woman, boy or girl. We are all JAH creations and so we should be treated, with respect and love.
No matter how big of a sinner a man can be, he is still JAH creation, so JAH and JAH alone shall judge him fair, on Judgement day.

Let the almighty I do the judging indeed, as he is the only one to judge, but if he tell us homosexuality is wrong, and if we believe him and believe in him, as we do, then it is not us judging homosexuals.
It is simply JAH words we follow, and that is not judging nuttin and noone.
We haffi bun unconsciousness and unrighteousness, wickedness and paganism, we haffi bun Babylon and Lucifer, because they try fi bun JAH , our creator, the Irator of Iration, King Alpha, Selassie I the first !

As humans, we cannot get rid of judging totally, because as humans we do judge from what we see and feel. But when we do judge, we have to try to think consciously about it , and not just use our ego to judge everyone and everything.

About whether or not they can be forgiven, that is up to JAH only , because we cannot forgive a human being for going against Jah words totally. Why think about if they will be forgiven or not, you are not homosexual are you, so why bother. We are simply humans, and we cannot overstand JAH ways, and that is why he is to judge all man, and not we, because only the almighty God can judge totally truthfully and consciously.

Selah.

Ras Sanjah.

Higginz

• Regular User
  • To Jah alone I swear.
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 08:13:05 PM »

Many times it's just BAD vibes.
Iman never say that, Sizzla say that..
Do you mean that I judge? I use isms?
We CAN and MUST criticize Babylon when it's necessary and obvious. It is not bad to criticize the evil, and not bad to accuse the badman.

Babylon dead and gone..

Bless up Idren. I agree with you! I sorry, man, I used unclear language. By "As you say" I meant to say "I concur", as I agree with you on your post.

Babylon an exeption, Idren. Dem fuck up and must be brought to justice, dem try to be god and shoot up dem spacecraft. Modern babel tower, fuck dem.

What I meant was, we can't criticize too much, not that Idren was doing so. just a note, a reminder of kinds.

Bless up.

Blessings.
I know what you mean when saying every man has his own life to live and only JAH can judge anyone. And that is very true. Though I believe you misunderstood I. Iman nevah say kill homosexual, because killing is a sin just as much as being homosexual. Saying "bun dem with fiyah" or whatever some dancehall artists may sing about, in my case, its not physical, and its not personal. Im not encouraging people to walk around burning homosexuals with fire, literally. Nor shooting them or physically abusing them in any kind of way. What I mean if I would say "bun homosexual", I mean with the consciouss fiyah, meaning bun their sexuality and let JAH judge dem at Judgement day. Hence why I said "Iman respect homosexuals as humans ofcourse, and they still have their human rights".
Though a more proper way would be to say "burn homosexuality" instead of "burn homosexual", as we dont want to burn any human literally, that is what people nuh understand sometimes.
They think we murderers who encourage killing and stoning to death, which is not true at all.

"Can't we turn batty away from a sinful life by preaching the bible instead of dashing in fire?"

Brother, we are spreading the words of the Bible, and we are spreading truth and love, but it is not just so simple that we can teach it to everyone and everyone will follow. My friend who is interested in Rastafari, for a while ago, told me she was bisexual, I told her to bun dat, because it nuh JAH ways, but I did much more than only burnin seen? I sit down, reason to her alot, read the Bible together with her, and spread truth about what she just found out about herself, and then she realised it is wrong against nature and a sin against JAH, to commit homosexual acts. She learned from that, aswell as I learned that we cannot just bun everything in our way, because the fire will then consume ourselves to.
Spread JAH word, and spread JAH love, but follow his words and apprecilove his ways, because he knows what is best for humanity ,as Jah himself create humanity.

We are all JAH creations , no matter if we black, white, homosexual or heterosexual, man or woman, boy or girl. We are all JAH creations and so we should be treated, with respect and love.
No matter how big of a sinner a man can be, he is still JAH creation, so JAH and JAH alone shall judge him fair, on Judgement day.

Let the almighty I do the judging indeed, as he is the only one to judge, but if he tell us homosexuality is wrong, and if we believe him and believe in him, as we do, then it is not us judging homosexuals.
It is simply JAH words we follow, and that is not judging nuttin and noone.
We haffi bun unconsciousness and unrighteousness, wickedness and paganism, we haffi bun Babylon and Lucifer, because they try fi bun JAH , our creator, the Irator of Iration, King Alpha, Selassie I the first !

As humans, we cannot get rid of judging totally, because as humans we do judge from what we see and feel. But when we do judge, we have to try to think consciously about it , and not just use our ego to judge everyone and everything.

About whether or not they can be forgiven, that is up to JAH only , because we cannot forgive a human being for going against Jah words totally. Why think about if they will be forgiven or not, you are not homosexual are you, so why bother. We are simply humans, and we cannot overstand JAH ways, and that is why he is to judge all man, and not we, because only the almighty God can judge totally truthfully and consciously.

Selah.

Ras Sanjah.

Soldier of Jah:

I know you never meant to say anything about murder, Idren. I mean di Bobo dread extremes do.

Apologies, Idren. All forgotten?

On to discussion:

Idren did a good thing telling of your friend, some of my own friends are bi, but can't be reasoned with. Atheist bigotry, I nah like di dissin' of rasta dey commit, but dey can do what dey want, fi dem pay later. If Jah wills. But hell, they're nice people. I don't have to like the things they do, and reason can't be done. I won't bother try to reason, I about di only religious person in my crew of friends, dem all atheist bigots, they nah wanna listen. I told dem today "Do you think gays should be allowed to marry in christian tradition?" I said subtely. Dem go "Of course! What the fuck, man? Why not?" I reply telling dem of di Bibles opinion. Dey nah care. Dey nah care of di bible. As if christianity is without the bible is how they reply... But they're nice poeple as I said. Probably the best friends I could have, though we disagree on alot of things.

Di problem we face with homosexuality is confusing of youth and spreading of so called "Political correctness", which justifies all from masturbation to homosexuality, prostitution and other sins of flesh. I think dem youth just confused with their identity from seeing so much atheist bigotry and political correctness.

I think all of I agree, just disagree on the small matters of the case. The major problem, I think is basically modern times.

I look forward to Zion.  ::)

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 08:29:59 PM »

No need to apologise at all brother. We cant overstand before we question , can we?
As I told you before, even if they homosexual, they have the same human rights as the rest.
Iman try to avoid homosexuality as much as I can, but ofcourse its impossible to avoid it totally, when living in this wicked Babylon. Just go on with yuh life, and live righteously and conciously, pure and clean, at the side of JAH, and let them live their lifes, as corrupted as they may be.

As I said many times, Jah will judge all on Judgement day, so we should not judge, but keep out of wickedness and corruption, and dont become a bigger part of it , than you already are. We are all already in wickedness and corruption, living in the middle of Babylon and such, but we can control whether we accept it or not.
Keep JAH JAH at yuh side whatever happens, because he will never let yuh down, never.

Blessings.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 08:31:33 PM by Soldier of Jah »

NY_Son_Of_Jah

• Learner
  • Normal User
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 03:44:43 AM »

Hating on Gays is a Babylonian idea. What its says in the bible (i think) is just a guide to say that heterosexuality is the right way, the way to reproduce. The moral of the story is not hate gays and kill them all. And when judgement, comes Jah will be merciful because while not contributing to humanity, gays are not decaying humanity. Not wanting people to be gay is all good, but we must all respect them as humans (i see you all do). Love to you all.
Much Respect.
One Love.

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 08:35:06 PM »

Blessed Son of Jah. Indeed, as you said, we must all respect them as humans, and that is a MUST. Hating gays IS a babylonian idea, just as hate is a Satanic idea. I do not hate anything or anyone. Satan wants us to hate, so why use his ways in this world, to give him more power over us? Nah man, me nuh hate nuttin and noone.
Not even homosexuals , even though I believe homosexuality is a sin.

I could still reason with a meat eater at the same time I see it as a sin to eat flesh, seen.
In the same way I can reason with a homosexual.
It is not a sin to reason with a sinner. Yes I , I talk about separating ourselves from wickedness, but to separate yourself from wickedness, you have to know wickedness, and you are not doing so by ignoring it.

Heterosexuality is the right way as we all can see scientifically, and pure logically.
Lucifer is twisting peoples minds into these things such as homosexuality, incest, rape and murder, and many accept themselves being slaves of this powerful but evil ruler. Hence why Jah bun Sodom and Gomorro.
So if we then kill a homosexual, we are doing what this ruler wants us to, to kill, to hate, to turn against eachother. A homosexual is a sinner, but so is the murderer who murders the homosexual. Does killing in the name of God, make killing a less sin? Not at all. So we should then live in peace with all nature and all living things on this earth, as Jah wants us to.

Even if people are sinners, it is not up to us to bring judgement pon dem, but we simply follow Jah laws and words, which tells us homosexuality is wrong, aswell as it tells us murdering, lying and betraying is. Only the perfect one, can judge perfectly, and as we all know, humans are anything but perfect, therefor we are not the ones to judge.

We do not kill homosexuals, we do not hate them, we do not stone them to death, as it is not up to us, what happens to a sinner. BUT... As I said, we follow Jah laws, and these laws tells us homosexuality is wrong, as we can clearly see by looking at the world in its shape right now.
We need laws, not the ones the government forces us to follow, but the laws that only the perfect one can give us, the almighty one , Jah Rastafari.

Blessed love

Ras Sanjah

Speedy Usher

• Regular User
  • HOLY EMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI!!!!!!
    • GanjaSpeed RevolutionBreeze Bling-Blaoh
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 06:06:45 PM »

De I still nah apologize to no lesbian or battybwoy. Gunshot dem fi get.
Speedy Bling-Blaoh
Absitively Posolutely Dread For Eternity

paco

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 07:03:42 AM »

hola everyone, i not label myself Rasta. so let me say i love Reggae music! and since i in middle age i like the old stuff not this new stuff that i don't relate too at all getting old mon.

bling blang, u really meen dat ? i know u in babylonian military so maybe tha why u sound reel macho but r those ur true feelings?
Whoever Brought Me Here, Will Have To Take Me Home - - -Rumi

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 10:08:59 AM »

I see the main reason to avoid homosexuality is because it is a purely carnal path that does not lead to becoming spiritually evolved....
pure carnal is being interested in physical sensations first, ones who do this sacrifice their awakening
 the body will perish without the ivine Spiritual body being developed, that in some cultures is referred to as the Ka body, the light body, the double.....
ascension can only happen when one becomes "whole", filled with Whole-I or Holy Spirit
living for the flesh will neva get you there
and the Creator knew what He/She was doing when He/She allowed us to procreate...procreation is an ideal opportunity for humans to awaken their unconditional love and maturity thru nurturing their young together
Homosexuals can not do this
their are bio-physical/Spiritual things that happen during procreation Icerning the Kundalini energy of Spiritual activation that lives at the base of our spines until stirred...
Kundalini activation leads to the Heart awakening, the Chakras aligning with the Most High...
a life of unbalanced carnal sense gratification will only lead to death and destruction
as part of the procreative relationship sexuality is beneficial
but men cannot procreate with men, sex for them is purely carnal
love between men need not lead to being sexual
but I do think their are men whos hormonal balance is closer to women and this is confusing for them
I hope this can be rectified
there are also men and women who are born with both sex organs
so, the line between masculinity and femininity is very blurred in these instances
I do not claim to be an expect on these matters or to be in a position to judge and moralize
and it is true that heterosexual relationships can be purely carnal and immoral
and these will be spiritually harmful as well
so, it is something the individual must way up for themselves
Blessed Unconditional love
Sistah Nyah I

Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.