Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Rastafarian Diet  (Read 14523 times)

ganja chick

• New User
Rastafarian Diet
« on: October 21, 2008, 02:30:28 PM »

What is the Rastafarian diet? I also know someone who is taking herbal medicine.  Not sure of the name but there is like 7 different bottles and you put about 3 squirts of each into a glass and take the shot.  I think you do that about 3 times a day? It kills all of the parasites inside of you and completely cleanses your system out.  Does anyone know what this is and where I can possibly get some near the east coast?

Also, is there a Rastafarian diet that is good for my 1 year old daughter?

Thanks so much.

Jah Live.  One love.

RJahBrown

• Newbie User
Re: Rastafarian Diet
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 11:38:14 AM »

blessings sistren.

The diet you seek is not hidden.  Rastas eat limited types of meat in accordance with the dietary Laws of the Old Testament; they do not eat shellfish or pork.  Others abstain from all meat and flesh whatsoever, asserting that to touch meat is to touch death.  Many Rastafari maintain a vegan or vegetarian diet all of the time, But as H. I. M.  once said "eat and drink in your own way".  InI think your friend is on a some kit from a store.

One love, One heart much love iya.

Ras Troy

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 03:34:49 PM »

IndI great all ones and ones in the name of H. I. M, I Sallasie I da first, JAH RAS TAFARI.  I have only recently found my awakening and started following the way of life.  I have read up some literature with regards to the way of life but need to find out more.  I especially need to find out what is allowed in the rasta diet, as i have read that there are 3 types of rasta's (correct i if i is wrong).  According to what i read, it is written that the types is 1.  I-tal, vegeterian, and those who eat meat (specific types).  What I nd I need to find out is what exacltly can be eaten.  The reason for this is because there is some that do not use salt but vegeterians use's salt.  There are those that eat meat but what type of meat? So if there is maybe a brederen or sistren that can clarify this for I nd I then I nd I will greatly appreciate it. 

Another thing that I would like to talk about is the story of the vine.  I nd I have spoken to some elders in I nd I community about this and have found   that the elders do not eat grapes as it is used to produce wine.  If grapes grows from the earth why is it prohibited? I nd I can understand the use of viniger nad wine but why grapes?

I nd I would like to sit and reason about many thing that is unclear to I nd I but I nd I is afraid that I and I will be sitting infront of the pc all day.  I nd I e-mail address is in I nd I profile so if any ones and ones would like to guide I nd I in the right way please feel free to do so.  I nd I would like to hook up with all ones and ones so that I nd I can become strong in the way of life and so teach others as well.

More fire, blessed love rasta fari   

Julian

• Regular User
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 04:17:00 PM »

The emats we can eat are those that it states in Leviticus. Here is a very general summary of the meats we can and cant eat.

Can Eat:                                            Cant Eat:

Goat                                                     Rabbit
Turkey                                                  Pig
All fish (as long as they have scales)          Camel
Cow                                                     Octopus
Sheep                                                   Eel
Duck                                                     Horse
Chicken                                                 Most birds especially birds of prey
                                                           Insects

Ras Troy

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 05:56:49 AM »

I nd i give thanks for the post from bredren Julian.  I will read up in Leviticus.  Is there anything else that is important to know about the diet?

More fire, blessed love, one love

Julian

• Regular User
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 06:21:51 PM »

Well there is the issue of eating meat and dairy together.

Deuteronomy 14:21
"Do not eat anything you find already dead. You may give it to an alien living in any of your towns, and he may eat it, or you may sell it to a foreigner. But you are a people holy to the LORD your God.
      Do not cook a young goat in its mother's milk."

Of course you have to interpret this verse yourself. I do not eat dairy with mil producing animals while others may not eat meat and dairy all together or some may just dismiss it as a early health warning against disease or something. But study it deeply and follow what you believe.Don't have faith dictated to you.

Ras-DAN-fari

• Newbie User
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 11:50:35 PM »

I would have been wondering if i can still drink cider, i live in the forest of dean [small forest with towns dotted] and have basically been raised on it, and i was wondering would i have to stop drinking it? many thanks if anyone can help. .
“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny” - H. I. M Haile Selassie I

Julian

• Regular User
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 08:45:43 PM »

Alcohol is not a problem with the bible, on certain holidays the Lord tells us to drink wine also it does not portray alcohol in a bad light. However you must remember, anything can become bad if it is used in a bad or wrong way.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 09:43:36 AM »

Alcohol is not a problem with the bible, on certain holidays the Lord tells us to drink wine also it does not portray alcohol in a bad light. However you must remember, anything can become bad if it is used in a bad or wrong way.

As Herb is to the healing of the nation - so is Alcohol towards the destruction of Humanity!
Herb will open up your head, (makes you rebel) Alcohol deadens the conscious,

Of course there is the argument that everything in moderation, if your consumption is not harming anyone else
then -it's up to you!  As for the bible telling you that on certain days the Lord tells us to drink wine then I would
advise you to wise up! For even in the bible; there is reference made to abstinence from strong drink, notwithstanding the
various characters who have committed "folly" having succumbed to strong drink!

In terms of food, One should have an healthy respect and regard for one's own structure and the the things one
consumes in order to function. The body is systematically forced to eat things that were not intended to be eaten
in order for a person to live, but as the system evolved -based upon the monetary system, so has all life has become
a commodity to be traded (for profit).

For instance; In spite of some of the biblical reasoning relied upon by others, I personally don't agree that a pig is a cursed animal;
and therefore for that reason it should not be eaten. However I strongly agree its an animal which should not be eaten because it's not meant to be! I believe the pigs function is to assist sanitation by eating detritus and waste etc, therefore by definition of it's function, the pig is not an animal to be eaten! But it's not the pig alone that (by that definition) is unclean.

Human's do not need to dig on carcass to be able to function. But we do because that is the way of the system. 

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.