Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: expectations  (Read 2055 times)

surfmon_I

expectations
« on: October 27, 2008, 12:38:32 PM »

I often wonder about expectations.  It is an interesting thing to expect, wanting, waiting for an outcome.  It has been stated that there are those that come but see nothing of value to input on and therefore pass by, log off and back to their world.
  I do not know of anyone else, but I can say that for the past four years, I have seen newbie apprehension, senior disengagement, and constant quarrel.  I wonder at how very much we have to share, and the opportunity to grow by opening up, but what ends up happening is narrowmindedness and alienation.  It is not until we open ourselves that we see something from a different perspective of this Oneness we are a part of, and therefor a new part of self.
  How could it be that we expect anything without this crucial element of expansion?.  Many say JAH bless, but Jah no bless those that do not lift themselves.  Look thru others eyes to see what we cant see our selves.  Do not think that we may achieve something without trying.  Everyday is an example of countless visions, yet we seem to trod on with our eyes ans mouths closed showing finally that our minds are not open. 
  What do we expect?.  What is it that we want from this experience and gift that has been granted by Divine grace?.  I am going to try and share some experiences that have passed, and will pass.  Maybe it will be similar to somethings that have happened to the I dem.  Let it act as an opening of doors to shared experience and we will smile, and grow.  Maybe it is redundant, but~~~What did you expect?, what is it that you would like?.
  JahLove
   ~S~

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
Re: expectations
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 05:22:16 PM »

Is a well blessed point the I make. I man Ixpect people to be of dem word and Babylon not.
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

surfmon_I

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 08:05:30 PM »

Give Thanks Bredren ,
  42 and counting.  Is a simple thing/topic, and What?, not able to relate to expectations?.
Well, Expectation is pre concieved resentment.  Nothing is ever as it seems, and the result is never what one wants.  To expect something is to set oneself up for a let down, so it would be wise to let go when we want to hold on.  Have faith in JAH, and what it is we are here to do.  Many are the times we seek, yet to find we must get to the root of our lesson.  We each have them, and I would like to hear of some examples of theses lessons.
  OneLove IN HIM, JAH, Rastafari.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 11:28:43 PM »

"Expectation is pre-conceived resentment."

Yikes.

Reflecting on that.

Bless up!

caroline

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 03:33:11 PM »

There is a famous saying on that topic:

"expect much from yourself, very little from others".  i am not entirely sure but i think it is Confucius.

expect much from yourself - that is what i do.  Since the age of 14 i would say,i have been consciously trying to go beyond my limits. 
That goes with your idea of expansion.
I find the world amazing, the human being amazing.  Why are we so different but so similar to each other? why do we experience so many different feelings etc.  etc.
Trying to "use myself up" as much as i can.
I have values and ideals, and try to implement them as a person. 
I am thirsty with knowledge, curious about anything and really want to make the best out of myself, knowing that i will never know everything, experience everything. . .  but the thought that my expectations can be endless pleases me. . .  i can NEVER be bored!

expect very little from others- well i am still working on that one even though i feel better about it now.  Everyone has something to give- sometimes this thing is more negative or more positive, i take it as a "life experience" i have to adapt to rather than thinking "i was not expecting that behaviour," and feeling disappointed. 
i changed it to "expect nothing from others" I just take what they give to me, well, - at least try to.

That's it for now, but will surely come back with more!

caroline

NY_Son_Of_Jah

• Learner
  • Normal User
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 11:05:15 PM »

The problems Surfmon speaks of are not the way of Rastafari. Our way of life is of unity and One Love and faith in each other. Quarrels and disengagement are not the ways of Jah. Absurd. I like "Expectation is pre-conceived resentment." wise words. We must open our minds and love eachother as a family of humans.
Much Respect.
One Love.

UKBlaza

• Standard User
  • One World One Love
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 03:58:47 PM »

Expectations come from the negative, greedy part of my mind. 
I expect because I want, and I want because I think I have a divine right to the object of my desire. 
When I expect, I can't wait. 
Expectations make me impatient.  Expectations remove my gratitude. 

A humble man waits.  A greedy man expects!

I have been a greedy man with many expectations.  I was a total control freak.  I had not an ounce of humility.  I seriously paid the price, losing the paltry few freedoms I had and barely getting away with my life.  Today I take everything as a gift and give thanks for it.  I am happy with what I have got for I live in relative luxury.  I'm not wealthy.  If I want something, I may not always get it, but I always have to wait, and if it does come, I am grateful for, and appreciative of that which I have been given.

Sounds a bit profound but that is my genuine experience of having expectations.  I am new around here and hope to find out more about Rastafarianism but hope I am on the right track to a nicer way of living yeah!

JahGuide

surfmon_I

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 01:36:28 PM »

Niceness, Many Thanks for the Input.
  Blazah~Humble man waits...Greedy mon ExPeCt. Honesty and truth in what the I share.  Grattitude and Thankfullness.
  NYSun~ BlessedJoy, Careful when dealing with absolutes.  Aspects of a thing are illusion that lead to the oversight of fullness.  Love is a two edge sword.
  Caroline~ If we look with open eyes, we may sight the beauty in others eyes.  Expansion is always followed by contraction.  It is the nature of life.  Being a teacher, one recognize the value in bringing out the best in others.  It is the key given us to unlock the obstruction of our forward movement and both are the better through such openess.  To "use oneself up" such as the I is doing seems a Humble Kindness and it is a happy person who lives life to the fullness.
 OneHeart.

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 22 queries.