Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Message from Sistah Vee - Stress & Death  (Read 2940 times)

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
Message from Sistah Vee - Stress & Death
« on: October 28, 2008, 05:41:27 AM »

I spoke with Sistah Vee on the weekend and she has asked that i bring this message to all concerned. I am sure that you will know if this is directed at you.

Sistah Vee is feeling extremely let down by the Rasta community especially those who said they would support the children that she is fighting for through your pledged sponsorships. To date she has not received anything from those who said they would provide sponsorship and christmas is just around the corner.
Sis Vee has advised that she is so shamed as a Ras right now that she is contemplating shaving off her dreads. Her message is that all these people are NOT RASTA LOCKSMEN! (With the emphasis that she put on this). She would also like everyone to know that she is under a huge amount of stress. She has been hospitalised and almost died due to the stress.

Having spoken with her and heard the upset and anger in voice i am coming here to ask if any of those who initially offered sponsorship are still willing to provide. If you are please let me know.
I can't ease her burden on my own. There are too many children out there. 

surfmon_I

Re: Message from Sistah Vee - Stress & Death
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 08:58:05 PM »

Dear Sistren Wahine, Thanks for letting us know.  To date, I had only signed a petition and written a letter, but would willingly and humbly pledge any money that I use for self to ease the sistah's distress and aid the childrens' suffering.  We all spend money on our selves, and this I am seeing as a means to divert funds away from self to aid another.  As we post topics we are able to see how many view, and step on, not adding.  It is the root of frustration, this inactivity, and it is understandable the anger felt at the emptiness of it all. 
  Yes, WE can Help, and if the Sistah is not able to ask, we must stand up for her, as any righteous Rasta would.  This should not slip by.  PLEASE PM the sistah's phone # , I would be greatful just to try and lift her spirit.  It will not be given to anyone else, and InI miss her so.
  OneLove

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 05:47:35 AM »

Greetings
Thank you for your response. I know she would be very grateful for any assistance she can get. I will send you a pm with number but it can be very hard to get through to her. The phones are not always a happening thing.

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 07:41:13 AM »

I am one of those who promised and have not delivered.
sure I sent Sis some CD's in Canada, but I am shamed to say, I have been waiting on money that has not yet come to send some to Sistah Vee....I need to be able to talk to her and try to organize things from this side. i have however, conected up with another trinidadian Empress who is currently in Washington, but is moving back to trini...I do think Jah wants I to connect these two AWESOME RastafarI Wombmen together with the help of I.....please tell Sistah I am SO sorry I have not forgoten her and the children just , things are taking longer than I expected...I too, have been extremely worried about her and the children.
please tell her to hold on, crew are on the way..and I Sistah Hailemah Solomon Timeless, I feel sure, will rise to the occation and support her as much as poss when she gets to Trini.
I am still wanting to come over and jah is easing I burden and giving I the support of more crew so light is at the end of the tunnel, and I feel sure I will be able to give more assistance in Jahtime...
Blessed Love i Sistah Wahine.....
PS I just got back from IslandTime Reggae Fest, where I and I performed, too full and tired to elaborate, but It was RastafarI Heights for I, please try come some time for a powerful lovelful experience....
I remain your Sistah in RastafarI, Nyah I
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 04:45:30 AM »

Greetings Sistah Nyah I
I am pleased to hear that things are going well with your music. I had the opportunity to listen to your cd whilst i was visiting Sis Vee. She is planning to return to Canada early next year. I think it would be ital for Sis Vee to have someone who can support her close to home so perhaps it would be timely to send Sis Vee the Sistahs details.
Blessed love Sistah

surfmon_I

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 08:15:33 AM »

Greetings of Love Rastafari,
  I spoke with SistahVee last night for the second time.  About two weeks had gone by since our initial talk and honestly, I know something must be done. 
  There is a lot that may happen in the span of two weeks.  For some without patience, time drags on.  While for those with a busy mind wonder where the time has gone.
  We are entering a period of cycle completion with the sun sinking to its' lowest point in this hemisphere before beginning its' new march toward the high point in the sky.  It is usually a time where people come together and give thanks and gather strength for the season is far from over.  It is a wonderful time that people tend to think of others rather than themselves, and so I have been thinking of what I can do.
  What I CAN do is write these words at 2 in the morning, because at this time of year, the days are short, much energy is spent trying to stay warm and sleep comes easy early in the evening, so up I am at this hour with these thoughts on mind.  I do not wish to relate the gruesome acts that have befallen these children, it is horror to simply think of them and unfortunately, it is not a great leap for us to think how low humans can sink.  All for sex.  It truly is wickedness to see this subjected on children, innocent children.  Murder, Rape, AIDS, the unraveling of such a simple life on a island of such beauty.  This Island is like many others in that it has it's local flavor and is impacted by the outside world.
  Bread is 16.75 a loaf
  An egg is 3.75
Stop and think on that wherever you may be reading this from. 
  Petro-Chemical derricks and platforms litter the horizon as the sludge washes ashore, displacing the local community.  Prices go up, people get squeezed~~~Money is short, but needed just the same.  Why are these connections being made instead of plugging in reason.  why is it that in a place where the weather is warm and chickens run free and there is less need for clothes, heating fuel that an egg can cost 3.75 ???.   I am sure that we do not have to look too far to see the same things in our own community.  Perhaps not as graphic as what is happening in parts of the world where big industry and big government turn a blind eye to what is pulling the very fabric of society apart.
  It was yesterday I went to the store to buy some milk, and noticed a .20 cent difference between local milk and milk that is transported across state lines, guess which cost more, out of state milk.  Makes no sense.
  Nya~link up deh Sistahs I am sure they could help each other, keep in touch.
  Wahine~ related to Sis you were trying to get in contact, keep in touch.
  I and I would like to do what we can.
AIDS pamphlets are needed.  there is not enuff education for youngsters infected to avoid re-transmission of the disease.
SistahVee will not be leaving the Island, rather will have to stay and form up some type of orphanage for all the young ones that are left in the wake of this battle.
Food, Clothes, whatever money that could be shared.
AIDS Test kits
 Sponsorship of a child .
 If any desire to help exist please PM me or Wahine for contact details.
  There is a way to send monies through Western Union. 
  There is a phone number for C.H.A.T ( I can give out privately) ~ and soon will be available on line, as SistahVee is looking to establish Internet connections in the near future.
  We are the future, each one of us.  Let us come together and share our minds.
All Thanks and Praises to the Most I, JAH!, Rastafari.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 08:26:15 AM by surfmon_I »

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 05:41:12 AM »

Many thanks Surfmon I for putting into words what i don't want to say. It is such a difficult situation. I know that i was overwhelmed by the price of goods in T & T. As Sis Vee pointed out, a lot of the produce they receive is not "fresh" either as it has to be bought in the bigger villages then delivered to the smaller areas and in the heat over there... Well need i say more.
Financial struggle is a major concern which pushes many youth into activities that youth shouldn't be thinking about. Or their parents become desperate and this becomes the life of the child.
What i would like to ask of everyone here is this. Put yourself in the position of being a parent who has HIV. You have passed this on to your child and you know that you cannot afford to seek medical treatment for this. You also can't tell anyone of your situation as you will be an outcast in the community. Not an easy life. So you have no money. Whats the easiest way to make some money? Put yourself or your child into prostitution. What happens from there? More people become infected. If they find out that you passed this on you will die for that. Woman, child it doesn't matter. There is no discrimination. The young boys... Drugs, alcohol.... I'll leave the rest to your own imaginations as to how they pay for this.
Nobody including Sis Vee wants people to feel forced to assist but it is important that the cause is not forgotten.
I am not ashamed to say that i have not been in a position that has allowed me to assist financially this year and that is my burden to wear as it makes me feel bad.
But the big message is that there were many others who pledged donations or volunteered to assist and this has disappeared bar a few people who have continued to try and support.
As Sis vee has said those people know who they are and she will have her own words to add when she returns to Canada which will be in the near future.
So at this time of year it is timely to remember those who are not able to enjoy for one reason or another.

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 07:09:39 AM »

Blessed Love, family
I am finally seeing the light at the end of a hard financial tunnel and wish to Itribute and set up a charity from this end...I need to find a way to get money to Sistah...I do not have access to a credit card tho, or paypal at this time, may this situation change this coming year..
I think it would be one-Jah-ful if perhaps we could all have Skipe phones to talk or another affordable way to talk directly..then perhaps we could really get some things happening for these children...
I nurse a very real desire to assist these people and have a little chrissy money left...
How do I get it to Sistah Vee????????
I looked up the exchange rate and it looks like aussie money may be worth quite a bit more in T & T...
but would it be more worthwhile to send goods directly?????
I guess I do need Sistah Vees phone number
I am looking at purchasing I first mobile phone soon, necessary work tool.....maybe I should get one with affordable international calls?????
I am sooo on board and hope Sistah can forgive I for the delay...I have been championing Her cause on another Rasta site too, but so far, no one seems interested in helping, despite noises they make about wanting to get real about "works"....
Hopefully, I will find real money work this year and be much more well off to be of assistance as the situation as it stands is intolerable and I heart aches to be of assistance...so much to do....so few hands who seem willing to do the works.....
"many called, few who choose"
Please, anyone can go to I site and big up the issues like this one to spread the word and see if we can get some real assistance..I site gets plenty hits and is another forum to publisize tings
so far we have had no luck turning interest into real support, but I feel sure that will change.....
next year I toddler is in pre-school two days a week, and so I will have some time to Ivote to work and works...so watch Neri(Nyah) go so!!!!!!!!
Blessed Love
I love yah Sistah Vee, Wahine, SurfMon!!!!!!!
all the sistahs and Bredren!!!!!!
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 21 queries.