Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Ganja Use  (Read 2467 times)

NY_Son_Of_Jah

• Learner
  • Normal User
Ganja Use
« on: November 04, 2008, 05:24:33 AM »

hey idren- I am pretty new to the ways of rastafari, but i have been overwhelmed with the love and power of Jah through a recent revelation and some research.  I just need some advice.  I'm 15 yrs old.  I want to enjoy the use of Ganja when i meditate and especially on holy days and holidays, but i just want some advice on how to use it responsibly and spiritually and solely for spiritual purpose.  Also is it illegal to buy ganja seeds in the USA? I'd appreciate it you all would help I in I's path through life with Jah.  Much respect idren.  One Love. 
Much Respect.
One Love.

Julian

• Regular User
Re: Ganja Use
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 09:43:01 PM »

Even though i personally do not smoke Ganja i believe whatever your faith needs you should be provided with. You say you are new to Rastafari, i would advise you to research the reason why Rastas use Ganja, unless you can justify the use of ganja in your own mind and not just think " well other Rastas use it to meditate then i should to" Ganja is a personal thing and the reasons you use it msut come from inside.

NY_Son_Of_Jah

• Learner
  • Normal User
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 01:43:30 AM »

Thank you Julian for your help and insight. Much love and respect.
Much Respect.
One Love.

Higginz

• Regular User
  • To Jah alone I swear.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 10:16:48 PM »

Greetings, Idren!

I do not recommend that you use Ganja just yet. You need to mature, as fifteen year olds are on the search constantly, and some are just out to rebel. Do not make premature choices. I am fifteen myself, so I do not judge you based on the number, but the confusion within Iself, and the friends of equal age whom I observe with equal confusion.

The I should meditate without ganja first, read up on RasTafarI and give praise. Educate yourself within every part that needs it, and as I can see, one of these is ganja. Especially ganja.

Another thing is your body, it is immature as well. Ganja is both positive and negative, as all things are. Drink to much water, it will kill you. The higher you fly, the harder you come crashing down. Smoke to much ganja, it kills you in the end. Everything has a counterbalance(Every action has an equal, but opposite, reaction.). I have discussed this alot whit I Idren, and that is a simple rule that sums most things up.

Spiritually, the following is the most important: In the event that you decide to smoke it. DO NOT use it as an excuse for slackness, as that is amongst the worst things one could do. That will TOTALLY ruin you. Do not slack.

An advice from me is to think with preset rules or sayings, such as "Your worst enemy may be your best friend, and your best friend your worst enemy.". It sounds harsh, but trust I. It will help.

Blessings, I hope I can help.
Science is knowledge of the exterior. 

Religion is answer to the interior.

"RastafarI is no legend, reality.  Better be wise.  Accept the most high in your life, and refuse mental slavery, no compromise. "  - AlBorosie

NY_Son_Of_Jah

• Learner
  • Normal User
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 10:52:52 PM »

Much thanks brother higginz. Much help to I. As i am new to Rastafari, I have researched quite a bit about Haile Selassie and our way of life. I see this as I's way, but as i am young there is always somewhat confusion in life, but i believe this is I's path. Thanks much for the help and overstanding. Much Respect. One Love.
Much Respect.
One Love.

UKBlaza

• Standard User
  • One World One Love
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 03:12:40 PM »

Smoking the herb for me is a thing that is very personal.  It shouldn't be taken lightly.  I care for my weed from seed to bowl or rizla.  If it comes through the street, I won't buy or smoke it.  I started smoking at a young age, before I really knew who I and I was, and it became a restriction on my life instead of freeing me from the trappings of Babylons material, consumerist world.  It all went down hill from there.  Now I wait patiently for my herb and always treat it with care so when I smoke it, it works the way I need it to.

Jah guide

RastaFox

• Regular User
  • fighting is the best way to waste time and money
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 03:43:27 PM »

Smoking the herb for me is a thing that is very personal.  It shouldn't be taken lightly.  I care for my weed from seed to bowl or rizla.  If it comes through the street, I won't buy or smoke it.  I started smoking at a young age, before I really knew who I and I was, and it became a restriction on my life instead of freeing me from the trappings of Babylons material, consumerist world.  It all went down hill from there.  Now I wait patiently for my herb and always treat it with care so when I smoke it, it works the way I need it to.

Jah guide

you speak the truth brother.
 you simply cannot trust street drugs. you run the risk of getting something more than the herb in your lungs.
a man of god is a man of infinite ability

Coyote

• Standard User
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 09:43:59 PM »

you speak the truth brother.
 you simply cannot trust street drugs. you run the risk of getting something more than the herb in your lungs.

That is so true, bro. Wisdom and patience will often be the best choice, and if you choose to use, be sure it comes from someone you trust or from your own garden.

And yes, it is a sad thing, but the US Government is highly against the use of Ganja or the selling of seeds. Be careful.

Peace

RastaFox

• Regular User
  • fighting is the best way to waste time and money
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 12:12:17 AM »

Believe me i know, thats why i keep my use of the herb to a minimum and when i do i get it from a friend that grows his own (but you didn't hear that from me) 
-Jon
a man of god is a man of infinite ability

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.