Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Obama Now President  (Read 6047 times)

NY_Son_Of_Jah

• Learner
  • Normal User
Obama Now President
« on: November 05, 2008, 04:06:37 AM »

WHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Obama is prez!!! Thank Jah!!! I am so elated!! How bout you Idren???
Much Respect.
One Love.

paco

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
Re: Obama Now President
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 06:06:08 AM »

wowwwww, i never thot i'd live long enough to see this day. i seen many folks crying, me too (tears of joy&gratitude) over the election of Obama. i finally got a glimce of the real america.

blessings all/ways
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 06:08:55 AM by paco »
Whoever Brought Me Here, Will Have To Take Me Home - - -Rumi

surfmon_I

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 09:11:31 AM »

I awoke at 2 am, to go and check the news.  A dream come true, after long months of waiting, and not daring to think it outloud, for things have a way of turning when we least expect it.  But NOT this.  It is a Blessing pon the world This man has been chosen.  Voted by the People, chosen by The Most I.  May JAH protect him for the works that we must do now.  Heal this world thru the power of Love.  Working together for eachother.  The time has come to level the playing field and join in the Joy of Living for ALL people.  Let us join together for All we may become together.
  All Thanks and Glory to The Most I ~ JAH !

NY_Son_Of_Jah

• Learner
  • Normal User
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 11:23:29 PM »

I cried with joy last night... You know, Martin Luther King Jr. had a dream.........
Much Respect.
One Love.

Higginz

• Regular User
  • To Jah alone I swear.
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 10:31:15 PM »

It is great to see how far prejudice and racism has come to its destruction. Wonderful.

But that does not change the fact the fact that this is blasphemy. Of course it is good to see, in one way. But on the other hand, the people of the world are separated because of the disagreements these presidents bring to one and other. "Islam that" and "Christian this", is the fault of Obamas(Partially, but not exclusively) predecessors, and I do not see this man stopping it in near future.

Democracy is supposed to be the peoples system, yet the people complain about it. If you have voted, you must bear the responsibility of the wars, the misery, the poverty, the segregation. You must understand the meaning and tragedy of war, and then you must accept it as your children get sent there. You have not earned the right to protest or rebel, for it is you that brought the need for it.

And such is the hypocrisy of democracy. Ballot box must be empty for freedom to begin.

Only jah will unite the people.
Science is knowledge of the exterior. 

Religion is answer to the interior.

"RastafarI is no legend, reality.  Better be wise.  Accept the most high in your life, and refuse mental slavery, no compromise. "  - AlBorosie

NY_Son_Of_Jah

• Learner
  • Normal User
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 10:40:48 PM »

We certainly have the right. We the people don't vote on laws, the politricksters do who have been enveloped in corruption. Such is the way of Babylon.We have the right to protest because our eyes are clouded by the illusion that our votes count in the presidential election. VOTE for the principle and the legitimacy of the president. But we have the right to protest because the electoral colleges vote overrides the popular vote. So, if Obama won the popular vote and lost the electoral vote, McCain  would be pres. Which is Babylon's illusion of freedom. Don't get me wrong, the priviledge to vote is grat and influential, but it isnt a decider and you should do it anyways. And i'm still SO happy about Obama. BUT the evils of politics... Such is the way of Babylon... Jah help us all....
Much Respect.
One Love.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 05:05:39 AM »

I'm happy that so many Americans are happy.
I'm a little irked that the rest of the world wants to have a say.

The rest of the world wants the US out of their politics, so HELLO!

It was a crooked crooked election full of crooked crooked humans.
There was no need.
Obama was going to win anyway.
The vagaries only serve to diminish his accomplishment and his range of support.

Democracy is not a Godly rule.

Higgenz- I've been torn by that thought, but here in Alaska so many local issues are decided by just a few votes and I'm brainwashed by my citizenship.

But I am praying for Obama.
Praying that my country develops some internal peace and acceptance.
Praying that all goes well and the election isn't challenged.

BUT

Let me say

Obama is NOT a Godly man.

He is fighting for absolute any time any situation right to abortion,
and this is the abomination-

Obama while on the Illinois state legislature voted AGAINST a bill that would provide for the care and feeding of infants- third trimester babies- you know, through the eighth month or so- who have the AUDACITY to survive a late-term abortion.

What?

If an unwanted baby is born in the process of his or her mother's attempt to have a medical professional kill it before it is born, OBAMA SAYS DO NOT FEED IT. IT IS NOT A BABY. IT IS THE PRODUCT OF A LATE-TERM ABORTION.

How can such a man have any compassion for anyone at all?
He voted to let these babies die.
They can't be killed once they are born, but they can be left to die, which they were until the Illinois state legislature outvoted him on that.

And now he will be president.

I am praying for him- for his heart to soften and his neck to bend- for him to quit condoning sacrificing babies to the fire.

I am happy that so many people are happy.
And I hope he doesn't really do EVERYthing he says he's going to do.
In fact, I'm praying he doesn't.

Bless up!

paco

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 06:16:16 AM »

greetings, obamanos !! obama was gonna be president anyways about as much as bush and dick were the last eight years. for years i would tell folks, i know who was gonna win the presidency, they say who? i would say the white guy, couldn't say that this year. i believe this a jackie robinson moment. jackie was the first black man to play in the major leagues of baseball and what a great player and human being he was. he took alot of racial abuse. this moment is juss like that. obama won becuz of a high young people (of all races) and people of color turnout to vote. according to what i heard obama did not get the majority of the 'white' vote. for sure this is an exciting and heartfelt moment imo. many, many people of all races were gunned down and lost their lives for this moment, this was part of what martin luther king was dreaming about now is obama the man/woman to bring change? i don't know-- we'll see. but no doubt inna my mind this is a big change in the vibes of us history. now imo, for those of us who recognize the 'moment' we need to pray to the all mighty, creator, jah for the protection and safety of obama and his family. there's still toooo many diseased/hatefilled yahoo types out there that are really angry over what juss happened. and these types kill. so pray for him.

viva obama!

Higginz

• Regular User
  • To Jah alone I swear.
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 01:49:41 PM »

We certainly have the right. We the people don't vote on laws, the politricksters do who have been enveloped in corruption.

And still you vote for them. A vote for president is a vote for a materialist government(In its entirety, not just the president), and vote for materialism is a vote for Babylon.

Such is the way of Babylon.We have the right to protest because our eyes are clouded by the illusion that our votes count in the presidential election.

You reap what you sow, and to protest the government is to contradict your ruler of which you have VOLUNTARILY chosen as your ruler. It is your own choice to rid yourself of illusion, make the choice, Idren. Because all voting ever does is support them.

Voting is blasphemy as it contradicts the evolution towards a unified, stronger, and better people(Do not confuse this with Illuminati, as there is difference between idiocy and unification.). Democracy is blasphemy, as I and I will not choose, nor swear to, any other other ruler than the almighty King Selassie I, JAH, RasTafarI. But apparently, Obama is his equal?

VOTE for the principle and the legitimacy of the president.

What principle is to be found in a man, supposed equal to others(Read: The Bible), but who is still held their superior? And the legitimacy of presidency has long been lost...

But we have the right to protest because the electoral colleges vote overrides the popular vote. So, if Obama won the popular vote and lost the electoral vote, McCain  would be pres. Which is Babylon's illusion of freedom.

And so by voting, you give in to that illusion, while knowing it exists. Why?

Don't get me wrong, the priviledge to vote is grat and influential, but it isnt a decider and you should do it anyways. And i'm still SO happy about Obama. BUT the evils of politics... Such is the way of Babylon... Jah help us all....

The privilege is no more than an illusion. A voluntary removal of freedom. And to do something just because you can, is no good reason to do it.

I understand your happiness, it's a good thing he was voted above McCain. But nonetheless, The lesser of two evils.

"RastafarI is no legend, reality.  Better be wise.  Accept the most high in your life, and refuse mental slavery, no compromise. "  - AlBorosie

Ras Saadon

• Veteran User
  • Deuteronomy 30:19
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 08:46:24 PM »

InI know absolutely nothing about Obama, but the fact that the USA choose a Black man for president is truly history in making, one thing Iman do wonder is that everyone is talking about how Martin Luther King dream came true ect`, but not once(at least here in Israel) did InI hear them talk about Marcus Garvey who preceded all other, why is that? is it different in the USA or do they neglect all the work he has done there as well?

Jah Bless,
Ras Saadon.   
"No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge the ways of God." His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I.

Higginz

• Regular User
  • To Jah alone I swear.
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 09:27:48 PM »

InI know absolutely nothing about Obama, but the fact that the USA choose a Black man for president is truly history in making, one thing Iman do wonder is that everyone is talking about how Martin Luther King dream came true ect`, but not once(at least here in Israel) did InI hear them talk about Marcus Garvey who preceded all other, why is that? is it different in the USA or do they neglect all the work he has done there as well?

Jah Bless,
Ras Saadon.   

Yes man, it's great that they elected him for president, as far as skin color goes. I loved the scene where he held hands with Biden. Strong stuff.

Marcus Garvey is more or less neglected outside of the Caribbean, I think... I'm sorry to say, and i hope I am wrong...

NY_Son_Of_Jah

• Learner
  • Normal User
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 10:31:33 PM »

Higginz, InI overstand you completely. InI dislike politics in general as i think its evil. I dislike the illusion of the greatness of our democracy, but the ignorant people of I's country don't change easily and are against any other way but our own. I don't believe it is the lesser of two evils, for I dont think obama has been tainted yet by politricks. He is the good in a lake of evil. So yea, I overstand and agree with you, but i don't think Babylon would ever let go of it's ways, for our people are ignorant. But don't ever loose faith in the impossible... Jah will give us a way for good and love to envelope the world. Respect and One Love.
Much Respect.
One Love.

Higginz

• Regular User
  • To Jah alone I swear.
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 10:47:36 PM »

Higginz, InI overstand you completely. InI dislike politics in general as i think its evil. I dislike the illusion of the greatness of our democracy, but the ignorant people of I's country don't change easily and are against any other way but our own. I don't believe it is the lesser of two evils, for I dont think obama has been tainted yet by politricks. He is the good in a lake of evil.

But he is not Selassie I, he can not bring the impossible, especially not in a local election! They're all tainted, leaders among men always are. And the road to change is never easy, there is always one who must take the initiative.

So yea, I overstand and agree with you, but i don't think Babylon would ever let go of it's ways, for our people are ignorant. But don't ever loose faith in the impossible... Jah will give us a way for good and love to envelope the world. Respect and One Love.

Once I was blind, but now I can see. Ignorance is but an illusion to break. We all were ignorant once. No one but jah can bring the peace and love needed.

Blessings.

paco

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up

Ras Shawn Naphtali

• Regular User
  • Each One Teach One : Rastafari Guide & Itect
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 01:29:22 AM »

Yeah I have to agree.  It's good a black family are in the White House but Obama isn't the saviour.  The expectations now on him across the world are unthinkable in scale.  We shouldn't be looking for qualities in Obama that we aren't looking for in ourselves.

Even though the presidency is a powerful position it is still a puppet position to those in real power.  Obama isn't about to start dismantling the structures of white supremacy and start being all black radical. I believe he has a good heart, but politics is politics and he has to play that game.

It was great to see the world support a black man.  Good on him and I hope he does well, but he isn't the saviour, and the day we put our faith blindly in politicians is the day when complacency has set in, and we may as well give up and watch tv all day.  This is not the fulfillment of Martin Luther King's dream.  In later life he was talking about the redistribution of wealth from the rich to the poor.  We are nowhere near the mountain top.  We have only just landed in the same country as the mountain. 

Iron sharpens Iron so let us not get too seduced but the game of politics.  Yes it was an historic day, but only time will tell if it was a good day.  Wish him well, but with Obama busy doing his thing, we got to keep up the Works and keep on doing ours regardless.

The vote between the democrats and republicans is like being made to choose between Chedder Cheese and Cottage Chesse.  Is that really a choice?  That's representative democracy, but not total democracy.  I hope this event will inspire more of the youth to achieve their dreams in life.  That is the real message of this event.  The message is not that because America voted for a black man that racism is dying.  If we buy the second message at the expense of the first message, then we have seriously misread the signs, and be worse off as a result!

Iron sharpens Iron.  Let's have as high expectations of ourselves as we do with anyone else, including the President Elect of the USA. 

Blessed Love,

Ras Shawn Naphtali

p.s.

Dead Prez - PolitricKKKs

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=O3-R4xl80Fc

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=O3-R4xl80Fc
Each One Teach One : Rastafari Guide & Itect
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.