Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: my god or my motha  (Read 1691 times)

wademanini

• Normal User
my god or my motha
« on: December 31, 2008, 05:26:58 PM »

ini need help i have now seen the light as a rasta but the problem is the my mother is very anti-rasta because she stereotypes them as just an excuse 2 smoke ganja and she hates the herb i have tried to educate her but she wont listen to me and as I'm 15 i still have 2 c her every day so at the moment I'm hiding my faith but i cant stand hiding it any longer. i need some advise plz

p.s. what do u think jah would say i ever hide my love for him or break his 5Th commandment   :'( ??? :'(

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
  • Humbleness, righteousness, consciousness.
Re: my god or my motha
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 03:34:14 AM »

Greetings in the name of the most I King Haile I Alpha Jah Rastafari !

You say your mother is very "anti-rasta" because she stereotypes them as just an excuse to smoke ganja. Well brother look around, most of this world is stereotyping us as drug addicts, but it does not matter what they think as long as you know you are not what they stereotype you into.
You have tried to educate your mother, which is good, each one teach one. Parents always say they know whats best for you, and that they know alot more about life than you do, and they do. But, wisdom does not only come with age. See, a 20 year old Ras can be wiser and more conscious than a 50 year old Christian, but ofcourse also the other way around.

Many of the people in society today, refuse to listen to us, as Babylon have made them think we are what they stereotype us into, drug addicts.
Your mother is strongly against the herb, just as my mother is, but what I have done, is instead of trying to convince her about the herb, I have made her see what Rasta really is. Why educate someone about something they refuse to see? Instead, educate them about deeper thoughts and faith of yourself. Rasta is not about herb, indeed it is a part of many Rastas culture and life, but Rasta is not herb, and herb is not Rasta, and that is what you have to educate your mother about. Truth shall be revealed in the end, and good always overcome evil.

Do not hide your faith from her, instead, show your faith to her, from all possible angles and dimensions.
"and as I'm 15 i still have 2 c her every day", you express yourself like you are forced to see your mother every day. Brother, your mother is a part of you, a part of your life, do not refuse her to be a part of it. Always honor your mother and your father, as the 5th commandment says. Why would you even think of breaking this commandment? It is not as hard as you think to keep it brother, just live your life and let your parents be a part of it, just as you are a part of theirs. You cannot "hide" your love from Jah. Jah is almighty, all seeing and everlasting, he is your father, your mother, your brother and your sister. Show your love to Jah, do not try to "hide" it, because you cannot.

Guidance & Protection
Jah Jah light is so bright it can be seen even by the blind

wademanini

• Normal User
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 01:45:20 PM »

thanks 4 helping ini overstand better

George

• Senior User
  • "...fighting against isms and skisms..."
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 03:52:49 PM »

Greets,

out of interest, do u use herb?

its faar from compulsary, i dont use it, and the reason i dont use it is cos my parents and grandparents are against it.

you should meditate on it, think about it :)

bless up one love :)
"A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots" - Marcus Garvey

nana935

• Newbie User
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 02:50:33 AM »

BLessed love,

wademanini, i feel you for real as am in a similar situation myself (although not necessarily relating to herb).

jus keep in mind nobody lights a lamp and puts it under a basket, but on a lampstand where it gives light to all in the house.   the same way JAH will not show you certain things only for your life to continue the same way that it's been going. 

that being said, it is one of the commandments to honour your mother & father so respect  for them is a must.  stand strong, but whatever you do, do with love & respect.  that;s how i sight that comandment, not necessarily following your parent's ever order.   at the same time, you never know what time will do to a situation.   & remember JAH say that even if your mother & father forsake you,  JAH is there and will not forget you.   

0ne L0ve

• Regular User
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 04:02:26 AM »

Dude well as i want to shock nobody or insult anyone i Dont believe in god i think i likely believe more in nature
as the world keeps moving by its nature.  .  .  .   and if god exsist who made god and who made da creator of god and the universe ( i know it sounds weird) And about your mother no offence but is your mother a racist ??? i mean how can she be Anti rasta ??? Ive realised thru the days dat rasta,s are the mosth true people therre are in the world , i even  prefer them above christs muslims and any others cuz they live by nature and they want peace with the world ( one love ) and tahts what i admire about thesse people. 

And i would say Follow your heart think whats right and make your decission if your mother dont rispekt you
about being a rasta den she even aint worth it being your mother cuz you dont need to have locs or smoke ganja to be a true 1
what ive learned is you only are 1 if its realy sumething that you want and that you be 1 with your heart. 

Im 16 myself tho my mother dont worry about it anywayz she like,s reggae 2, well lets say alot lol. .  and oh yeah  im getting Locs soon =D
i got long hair tho but im thinking about getting small one,s and not for Fashion i think more outta apreciation/respect that i wanna do it
i always used to have cornrowz tho they are more for a fashion i thnk but well im out

Be Safe N
Till we meet again  ;D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 04:06:40 AM by 0ne L0ve »

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 22 queries.