Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: How Do InI Deal With Negative Karma?  (Read 2902 times)

Ras Saadon

• Veteran User
  • Deuteronomy 30:19
How Do InI Deal With Negative Karma?
« on: December 19, 2008, 02:54:02 PM »

Greetings Bredrens&Sistren,
Recently InI put I dog on a raw food diet(meat) after feeling Iself the wonderful effect of eating raw food(vegan), now the diet work amazing, it took away completely many digestive health issues InI been having with one of I dogs in just a few days&he also started gaining weight which is very rare, now the problem with this diet though is that Iman always haffi deal with raw meat&blood, and InI feel it brings bad Karma, InI can just feel the negativity of death coming from it, now if InI feed dry food Iman am fooling Iself because dry food is also dead meat and also bears the negativity along with it, anyone has an advice on how to deal with the negativity of death that the meat brings?

Jah Bless,
Ras Saadon.
"No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge the ways of God." His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I.

msgal

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
Re: How Do InI Deal With Negative Karma?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 07:08:03 PM »

Hi Ras Saadon
It seems to me that people eating meat and animals who eat meat are two
different things.  A dog is made as a carnivor. Their teeth and digestive system
were made to eat meat. Their nature is to hunt. Even though we have breed most dogs to deformity, when loose with other dogs they will pack, hunt and kill for food. It is their nature.  We on the other hand are an entirely different case.
We do not need to eat meat and are better off if we don't.  We make much better farmers than hunters.
In bring anything into your home you take on the care and responsiblity to do what is needed to keep them healthy.  This goes for a person, adult or child and any animal that may come to live with you. 
Exercising a dog is letting them work off the energy they accumulate that would normally be expended in a hunt.  They need it, and they do by nature eat meat
to stay healthy.  Feeding your dog met is not any more bad karma than it would be if the dog hunted for itself. You're meeting the needs of a creature you are responsible for. It's ok.
Your a good person who has compassion for all living things. Of course you feel
for the creature who died. That life is a creation of Jah just as we are. All nature was created by Jah, and if we look at what Jah created in nature we see hunters and prey.  It is their ntural order not ours, so it is forieign to our nature.
Try not to feel to bad, it's good to appreciate the loss of a life, but your greater responsibility is to the health of your dog, your friend

bless Bredda
Your compassion always does my heart good.
To few seem to realize it.
Jah bless. I and I love you all.

Ras Saadon

• Veteran User
  • Deuteronomy 30:19
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 08:29:24 PM »

Oh Msgal you soothed I soul so much with those words, can feel the love in those words, InI will try to recall on those words next time Iman make em food, InI haffi admit seeing them eat is so pure&beautiful in a certain way, InI assume it will take some time to get over this mental barrier but the I's support really helped.

Thanks&Love Sistren.

Jah Bless,
Ras Saadon.
"No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge the ways of God." His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I.

surfmon_I

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 12:33:21 AM »

Greetings,
    Although I agree completely with what msgal states to the nature of these loving creatures that tend to be so pure and basic there is a question I would ask regarding the difference between eating as a Vegan and comparing this to a pure meat diet.  A Vegan eats no by products of an animal, if I remember correctly, and that would be direct opposite of a Carnivore.
  I overstand about the question of negative Karma in the preperation of dead flesh as a rasta.  In one way InI sight Rasta go back way before when, to a time where the connection to the land and the bounty of diet is symbiotic.  It is Natural.
  Ras Saadon, when we had dogs in Hawaii that had sensitive skin, a side from the wild chickens they would catch on the beach and cain fields, we used to cook for them.  They got their protein from beans/lentils/rice and veggies.  Their condition improved, and I was wondering if this method had beeen explored.
  Either way, the Love this animal has is a reflection of the love that is shown.
JAHBless

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.