Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: cornrows 4 rastas  (Read 2547 times)

wademanini

• Normal User
cornrows 4 rastas
« on: December 30, 2008, 04:37:53 PM »

i be wonderin y is dreads the main hairstlye 4 ini i no because da holy book says not 2 cut ur hair but u dont cut ur hair with cornrows either and more african tribes sport cornrows than dreadlocks.

praise H. I. M.  itinually

Julian

• Regular User
Re: cornrows 4 rastas
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 05:39:34 PM »

Being Rasta is not being African. So who really cares what Pagan African tribes wear? Dreadlocks come from the Nazarite vow. A very Holy vow that should only be taken by the wise. The vow tells us not to take a razor to our hair and this is how you get dreadlocks, by not combing and not shaving your head. The vow also restricts many other things. Research it.

toshIte

• Senior User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 06:42:31 PM »

Being Rasta is not being African. FALSE.
 It is first and foremost an African trod to free and uplift all Africans spiritually, mentally and physically.

So who really cares what Pagan African tribes wear? Rastas did and still do. Remember the Mau Mau (Kenya). They are the reason for the prevalence of dreads among RastafarI. A symbol of solidarity in their struggle for independence.

Dreadlocks come from the Nazarite vow. FALSE.
Dreadlocks come from not combing and / or not washing your hair. Not every dreadlocks has taken the Nazarite vow and certainly not every dreadlocks is a Rastaman/wombman.

Point of note. those pagan African tribes never lost their way. Their is still more righteousness in their way than xtianity and islam combined have produced in the last 2000 0r 1400 years.

from a proud AFRICAN PAGAN

Julian

• Regular User
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 07:06:32 PM »

Yes that is your view. But you are a black supremacist from what i gather so that makes you just as good as a Nazi in my eyes. I follow the word of the Lord, i don't care what race or nationality it comes from. The revelation and redemption offered withing Haile Selassie is for all. Not just for Africans. Selassie openly expressed his view on how all races are equal. You can live in your world of segregation all you like and i will join you if you can please show me this divine word that confirms that Africans are so special and i shall pray that i was never born into a white skin that the LORD gave me. You obviously know very little about DNA and genetics, if you did you would understand that this human perspective of race doesn't really exist! It is from years of separation and people being divided that we have developed this idea.

toshIte

• Senior User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 09:31:51 AM »

Gather all you want, it matters little.

The is no such thing as black supremacy. There is only white supremacy. There is the black liberation struggle. White supremacy has(and still does) harmed every soul on this planet. HOW HAS 'BLACK SUPREMACY' HARMED YOU, JULIAN?

"Selassie openly expressed his view on how all races are equal". Yes, so the brutalisation, exploitation and subhuman treatment of the people of colour by the white supremacy system could stop. Selassie was an ardent and vigorous campaigner for african independence and the upliftment of black people.

DNA, Genetics  whatever. The same people harming black people knew/know that all things and beings were made by the  'one' CREATOR.  So genetics is saying the same thing in this time yet little has changed. btw, dont we all come from Africa?

It is from years of separation and 'black' people being divided that we have developed this idea of black liberation.

I guess you just overlooked the "first and foremost part". you probably saw "exclusively".
RastafarI is a black trod. One and all are welcome to this black trod. If that makes you and yours uncomfortable and you feel the need to separate the movement from its roots, that is your affair. Enough people have died defending, upholding and giving praises to the AFRICAN KING and QUEEN. JAH RASTAFARI and EMPRESS MENEN. They were called pagans, heretics, idolaters etc. now we can add black supremacist to the list.

I'll leave you to your rastafari circus. enjoy.

msgal

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 07:51:48 AM »

a definition
Supremacy - highest authority or power

This definition makes it clear that there is no Black Supremacy.
The power structures that exist today and those that have always existed
are run by white people.
That is just a fact.
Black people have never been in a position of power over others in the world.
They have been at times in power for themselves.
White people on the other hand have spent much of history in control of large
portions of the world, including places occupied by people of other races.
I as a white woman have seen on a daily basis how the white power structure
slants things in favor of white people.
Most white people chose not to see this.
Before we can have a positive affect on the world, this fact needs to be realized.
A problem has to be identified before it can be fixed.
My personal opinion is that as long as one person is oppressed, the human race as a whole is diminished.

So, the phrase "black supremacy" is a fallicy.

Jah bless
Jah bless. I and I love you all.

wademanini

• Normal User
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 09:41:03 PM »

Point of note. those pagan African tribes never lost their way. Their is still more righteousness in their way than xtianity and islam combined have produced in the last 2000 0r 1400 years.

i do agree

Humble_yet_strong

• Full User
  • RasTaFarI is the Almighty, Celestial Powers
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 08:17:40 PM »

Greetings and Blessings in the name of HIS Imperial Majesty

"I be wonderin y is dreads the main hairstlye 4 ini i no because da holy book says not 2 cut ur hair but u dont cut ur hair with cornrows either and more african tribes sport cornrows than dreadlocks."

To Wademanini, Rasta nah buy into concepts of babylon Illusion such as hairstyles.  It is babylon that classes I & I upon look and appearence, I & I use this in order to seperate ourselves visibly from those who choose to live in Illusion.  Locks is from allowing the hair to form in its most natural state, the "look" of locks has become popular to many "fashion dreads" and others who make a bad name for RastafarI.

In all honesty your hair can look however, but the more you place your trust in vanity of appearence the more the actual significance of natural precepts becomes lost.

The main reason Rasta nah have cornrows is because Rasta leave their locks to the Power of the Almighty, The Mystic energy of The Most I.  Locks are symbolic of the Lions mane and The Roots extending out into Creation, locks are lastly worn for look if at all.

Julian

"Being Rasta is not being African. So who really cares what Pagan African tribes wear? Dreadlocks come from the Nazarite vow. A very Holy vow that should only be taken by the wise. The vow tells us not to take a razor to our hair and this is how you get dreadlocks, by not combing and not shaving your head. The vow also restricts many other things. Research it."

I have to disagree and agree with ToshIte, RastafarI is fundamentally African, and one would do well to observe and honour this trod as all I & I Roots are African.  It is the most Incient Wisdom and one of the many true mystic paths to the top of the Mountain. 

Dreadlocks also are part of the Nazarite vow but do not come soley from taking the vow as ToshIte said.  Do not confuse a Dread with a Rastaman.

Much African spiritual practices were classed as Paganistic and Devilish by the white slavemaster, and condemned and punishable.  So let us not make the mistake of calling African tribes Pagan, when their spiritual practises were as old as mankind itself.  In the babylon crusades many were slaughtered in the name of Christ and native "pagan" religions were eradicated, witch hunts in britain it goes on.  All to erase natural intelligence and wisdom so that mankind becomes trapped and reliant on babylon.  So let us please be cautious in our words.

From Julian to ToshIte:

"Yes that is your view. But you are a black supremacist from what i gather so that makes you just as good as a Nazi in my eyes. I follow the word of the Lord, i don't care what race or nationality it comes from. The revelation and redemption offered withing Haile Selassie is for all. Not just for Africans. Selassie openly expressed his view on how all races are equal. You can live in your world of segregation all you like and i will join you if you can please show me this divine word that confirms that Africans are so special and i shall pray that i was never born into a white skin that the LORD gave me. You obviously know very little about DNA and genetics, if you did you would understand that this human perspective of race doesn't really exist! It is from years of separation and people being divided that we have developed this idea."

Quote by ToshIte:

"The is no such thing as black supremacy. There is only white supremacy. "  -I agree

To Julian

Black Supremacy is in fact a response to White Supremacy which is actually hateful and destructive and oppresive in nature, black supremacy is non hateful and is against all forms of oppression wether black or white.  As one of my Good Bredrens says "Black is a mindstate aswell as a skin colour"

Quote from ToshIte

"RastafarI is a black trod. One and all are welcome to this black trod. If that makes you and yours uncomfortable and you feel the need to separate the movement from its roots, that is your affair. Enough people have died defending, upholding and giving praises to the AFRICAN KING and QUEEN. JAH RASTAFARI and EMPRESS MENEN. They were called pagans, heretics, idolaters etc. now we can add black supremacist to the list."  Seen, sight.

To Julian

Yes The Revelation and redemption found in HIS Imperial Majesty is for all, and is not just for African, but it is first and foremost through African man that this redemption has come and prophecy has been revealed.  The message of JAH Ras TafarI come through the sufferation of centuries of slavery and the years of oppression which followed.  Ras TafarI come through Africa, and JAH people who suffer at the hands of the wicked.

Race does exist, this is quite obvious, as we all look very different depending on our genetics.  We are all children of the Most High regardless of these differences but they exist in this physical realm none the less.  However Julian you are correct in saying race is but a perception in mans limited overstanding.

Blessed Guidance and Protection

Selassie I is the Almighty

Humble

I an I are in Revelation time, prepare the youth.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 09:58:36 AM »

Wow!!

I read this thread and had to smile. Why you may wonder, because I can see that
the old adage that ignorance is bliss and a little a bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!
Nuff people are there telling you how it goes, The history of creation, based upon their own view!
When in truth - No one really know's!

The search is on, Rasta have opened up a new perspective for a person to look at Creation,
(Look at god through your own spectacles) which is positive, because for too long we have been
living under misconception and misunderstanding which has been thrust upon us in all forms i.e.e Brutality
Brainwash Education, War, Civilisation, Religion  etc.

Out of that all-embracing form of control (mental and physical slavery) we try to find our way! The truth
is distorted to the point that is now very well hidden.  But still we have to make sense out of nonsense.

Some will respond that there is them that indeed know, I don't dispute that after all it's well known that there
are those who know something about (us) that they don't want us to know! Indeed based upon history a person can
speculate themselves to death and still not know the truth, well not within this dimension (life-time)!

But that does not prevent us from living upful and seeking for the truth and not the man made fibs that we
accept on a daily basis without even bothering to consider the merits of the misinformation.

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 22 queries.