Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: marriage for rastas  (Read 6208 times)

wademanini

• Normal User
marriage for rastas
« on: December 31, 2008, 05:39:16 PM »

I'm new to the rastafari faith and i was wondering wen rastas get married do they do it at an Ethiopian Orthodox church or do they do unofficial wedding based on rasta beliefs if so what happens in these weddings and what do they involve. hope u can help me overstand

jah bless  :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 05:48:45 PM by wademanini »

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
  • Humbleness, righteousness, consciousness.
Re: marriage for rastas
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 03:14:45 AM »

Blessed love and raspect brother wademanini.
When Rastas get married... I say marriage is love, not writing on a paper that you will love eachother for always no matter what.
I believe there is no such thing as a "Rasta wedding" though, yes, two Rastas can marry, but what makes it a Rasta wedding? If two Christians get married, does that make the wedding a Christian wedding? Two Rastas can get married in the forest, in a church or on a mountain top, they can invite only Rastas, or Christians , Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, whatsoever, neither of these does make it more of a "Rasta wedding".

If you mean, with "Rasta wedding", that simply two Rastas get married, then it does not make a difference wether they are Ras or not. Love is love. Humans are humans, and a wedding is a wedding. Does it matter if you try making it more of a so called "Rasta wedding"? It is not the wedding that is the most of importance, it is the love that is shared between the two beings in this ceremony, and there is no so called "Rasta love", is there?
Rastas can celebrate their wedding however they want, they can put banners with red,gold,green on the walls, they can do anything they want, but love is still love and it is still shared the same way, regardless of how you celebrate the actual ceremony of a wedding.

Blessings and love.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 03:16:23 AM by Soldier of Jah »
Jah Jah light is so bright it can be seen even by the blind

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.