Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: teach rastafari in schools  (Read 3898 times)

wademanini

• Normal User
teach rastafari in schools
« on: December 31, 2008, 05:55:29 PM »

jah bless everyone i feel that rastafari should be taught in every school across the UK so i wanted to start a petition but the problem is that i have no idea how to start one i&i in need of help

praise him

Julian

• Regular User
Re: teach rastafari in schools
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 05:54:59 PM »

I would openly say i am against this idea. The fact is there is no set Rasta belief. It is ones personal belief so how can they teach all Rastas beliefs in school:P It would take agesXD. What the school would do it they would probably teach Rasta in one way so the students would only learn of that and not the entire beliefs in RastafarI. Such as the belief in Emmanuel I, only one mansion believe him as Jesus Christ while the others don't so if the schools didn't teach about Emmanuel it would restrict the children from learning about him. Hope this wasn't too confusing, kinda made me confused typing itXD

wademanini

• Normal User
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 01:15:09 PM »

no i overstand i just saying that there's gotta be a way to stop the ignorance against rastafari like those stupid deadlock hats overstand me.sorry if my last post sounded ignorant

jah bless :)
Posted on: January 01, 2009, 11:05:20 PM
also if rastafari is taught it can at least spark an interest in it with some children then they can research it further

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 02:53:46 PM »

Bless up,
school was where i was introduced to Rastafari back in the 80's, as part of a humanities course in which people of different faiths were invited to talk to the students on their perspective of living with faith in the UK.
it had a profound influence on me, even though it was very generalized and through one persons point of view, but it did make me want to look deeper, and i have practiced for nearly a quarter of a century now because i was fortunate enough to have had that experience.
Rastafari Bless

Queen J
Do not be decieved:God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Galatians 5:13:7

There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins.
Ecclesiastes 7:5:20

Redge

• Bless'ed love all Jah Children
  • Regular User
  • In jah we trust
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 11:30:56 AM »

i believe this should happen, they could have it with R. E they teach most other faiths so
why not rastafari.  you wouldnt have to teach it all because if they wanted to find out more
about this faith then they would do it by themselves like probably alot of people do.

i was lucky enough to have a long convo with a rasta in my town n he enlightened me which
made me more open minded towards faith. 

one love
"a man with no past is a tree with no roots if you dont know where you came from where do you go?"

wilko

• Regular User
  • united we stand
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 06:26:29 PM »

i man agree, it should be covered in the r.e subject which i studied when i was at school. i use to referred to rastafari in some of the exams and essays, but my teacher marked it as wrong and i asked why, and she said i needed to wright about islam as that was the one of the religions we had studied in the subject. its probably because rasta is not as popular in the uk as Christianity or Islam or people na see it as an inportant thing. but it is as rastafari is ruler of the eurth and every nation.

i man did pass the r.s subject in the end. but rasta should get covered in schools

bless up

Speedy Usher

• Regular User
  • HOLY EMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI!!!!!!
    • GanjaSpeed RevolutionBreeze Bling-Blaoh
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 01:30:50 PM »

Sound like a good idea to I but yu done know seh Rastafari teach yu everyting dem doh teach yu inna de schools.
Speedy Bling-Blaoh
Absitively Posolutely Dread For Eternity

me-innit

• New User
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 09:41:31 AM »

i hope its ok to put this link here, if not please remove it and i apologise

hxxp: petitions. number10. gov. uk/

heres where you can create a petition and it will be sent to downing street once completed.  you can then forward on the link to your friends, place the link on websites for people to sign etc

matt-rastaman

• New User
  • Jah bless
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 07:12:39 PM »

Its a good idea but unlikely to ever happen
There are many causes for which i am willing to die for but none that i am willing to kill for.

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 22 queries.