Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: A rastas pilgrimage  (Read 2031 times)

stokecityrasta

• New User
A rastas pilgrimage
« on: January 08, 2009, 11:05:10 PM »

Hi guys.  I'm pretty new to the faith and theres still quite a lot for me to learn.  I live in Birmingham, Uk, and am doing some voluntary work (football coaching and teaching) with the kids in Ethiopia later this year and was wondering what the main rasta pilgrimage sites are (if there are any?)  I'm guessing Ethiopia is one? Any specific sites?

Thanks so much. 

Nick. 

Julian

• Regular User
Re: A rastas pilgrimage
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 04:06:17 PM »

Well im sure people will argue differently about this but heres my view. My no.1 holiest spot in the world is the Western wall in Jerusalem, it is the remains of the temple where Jah promised he would always answer the Israelites prayers. I'd like to hear other Rastas views on holy sites, post more ideas people:P

stokecityrasta

• New User
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 07:00:56 PM »

Thats an interesting thought.  I just pressumed Ethiopia was no 1 because it is zion, but then we are told we cannot enter zion yet.  I would say Ethiopia just because it is the home of Haile Selassie.  Jah.   

Humble_yet_strong

• Full User
  • RasTaFarI is the Almighty, Celestial Powers
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 08:25:08 PM »

Greetings

A Rastamans pilgramage is to the Temple, the Living temple of the Lord Most I JAH Ras TafarI

A Journey within

Blessed Love
I an I are in Revelation time, prepare the youth.

Julian

• Regular User
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 09:23:17 PM »

Everyone views the term 'Zion' differently. When people say Zion i think of Israel not Ethiopia. Why? Because i do not see Ethiopians or Black people as the 'true' Israelites as you will hear many Rastas say. Its all down to your own opinion. What you think is right. You must also remember Haile Selassies blood line, the part of it which makes him a Royal king is the part from Israel.

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.