Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Do Rastas believe in Jesus?  (Read 8848 times)

stokecityrasta

• New User
Do Rastas believe in Jesus?
« on: January 09, 2009, 02:13:52 PM »

Seen loads of different articles saying rastas believe in Jesus and others say they dont.  I dont have a clue and I feel I should. 

Ras Troy

• Standard User
Re: Do Rastas believe in Jesus?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 02:40:36 PM »

greetings Idrens

this is a question i have had on my mind to.....

Should I n I believe in Jesus?

What is the difference between H.I.M and Jesus?

Is H.I.M and Jesus the same?

I have also read some topics that basically say believe in Jesus and others that say believe in H.I.M. I have reasoned this with one of the bredrens and from what I n I overstand from the bredren is that Christianity and Rasta Fari is completely different. I also overstand that we as rasta should fully believe in H.I.M as the creator of all living things.

But then i have been questioned by non-rasta's as to how can we as rasta say that H.I.M is the creator of all living things if he was a mortal man?

I n I would like to get some clear overstanding on this topic...

bless up, respect

Julian

• Regular User
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 04:03:22 PM »

Hey. My personal view on this opinion is yes. Selassie I for me was Jesus himself as revealed in revelations. So when you speak of Jesus or Selassie i only see one person. The Messiah. But believe what you personally think. No one can tell you your faith is wrong. I would like to know how people can believe in Selassie I but not Jesus. Selassie preached the words of Jesus in turn preaching his own words but Selassie revealed the total truth that has been hidden by deceivers such as Popes. This concept of Messiah means different thinks to different people, to Jews he will be a mere  man, to Christians he is the son of Jah and views among Muslims vary from Prophet to Messiah. My Personal interpretation of Messiah is the holiest prophet of all, a man that shall walk with Jah and in turn be at one with him. Not the Son of Jah as that to me seems very similar to the Pagan belief in Zeus and Hercules. So yes while Selassie I's body was mortal the soul which makes us all unique was truly divine. Never praise the body of a man as that is idolatry.

Sorry for going off subject i just think you should develope your concept on Messiah, do some research into the Messianic prophecies especially in Isiah.

stokecityrasta

• New User
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 06:56:39 PM »

Thankyou brothers for the help.  Its such a difficult one because i sometimes think Jesus is Haile Sellassie, then again i think of the traditional view that  Haile Selassie is a prophet that came after Jesus. 

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 09:15:24 AM »

Seen
matters of spirituality are Mysticerious truly
life IS, beyond words
truth Is, beyond CONcepts
One thing all rastafari people agree upon
and that is the Christed Self Within
The Unified being, personified in Yesus/Jesus and HIM, among others (all are capable of such)
Melchizedek was a King/High Priest who blessed Abraham after Abraham had slain Kings
He announced HIMself as One without Mother or Father, without beginning or End
That is to say He was his Higher Christed Self, the unperishable, CONSCIOUSNESS that lives without end
That same SPIRIT is the self same Spirit of CHRIST, and ALL of us have the potential to align with that undying Being we have neva left because it is our innermost self, the core of WHO WE ARE
pure Spirit, pure consciousness, pure free, loveful powahful wise beingness
THAT is Christ consciousness, beyond the flesh, beyond gender, race, etc.......
ALL Ras agree that WE ARE THAT
as that is what makes I and I Rastafari, Order of Melchizedek, Kings and Empress of Consciousness
having ascended to the enlightenment of awakening of the Crown Chakra, the third I, is full of LIGHT and awareness of our True, unpelishable SElf and as such we are One with Consciousness as a Whole
One with His and Her Majesty, purwe being without Mother and Father as we have experienced Pure being Pure Consciousness, transcending matter into the limitless realms of Spirit and returned to tell the tale
Blessed ivine LOVE
is the heart of the matter and Christ is the Fullness of the SON -no one separate from that, save by free-will to deny, woe is them, free-will is inherent and so error is a choice
His Imperial Majesty Qedamawi Haille Selassie is the POWER of the Trinity
Blessed embodiment of Ivine Father(spirit/Powah/wisdom guidance)Son(embodied/physical human being) and the Holy Spirit/Shekinah(breath/Unity/Oneness, receptive feminine Principle)
or another way to see it is the Ivine embodiment/repRASentation of the Ivine Family -Father, Mother and Child, as His Majesty and Empress Menin, together with their children repRASent the Ivine Church of Sacred Family of Light and Love, the Original Institution, the bond of Ivine Masculine Principle, Ivine feminine Principle and the whole-I Child(ren)......
Instead of separating them, as the Catholic church does and Christianity as a whole appears to, making the Ivine Mother appear as a single Mother, and the Ivine Father as a Single Father _ HIM reunities the sacred strength of family, strengthening us from within our family bonds as Kings and Empress', SoulJahs of the living light, Peaceful Giddeon Warriors
Hope this Clarifies tings
Blessed ivine Perfect LOVE
Sistren Nyah I
Posted on: January 10, 2009, 02:48:56 AM
This is an answer given to me bya Bredren at WOJ..when I posted the question posed by Bredren Troy....

Bless I would say to the brother that if ones can choose for Yahsua to believe in His majesty is the fulfillment to that believe in extend sight? without JAH there would be no we .Ask him this question in reply bredrin "does the I believe in the I self and know who is JAH . Then you see that even if you believe for example in mohammed ,selase can still be admitted to the I faith system also why? cause Ras Tafari really means head to be reverenced to .Most people who started out the faith are still brainwashed to think that you must first look to the beginning of creation and start to love JAH and then continue to follow.They got confused when they learn about Yahsua and then start automaticly to reverence to his majesty and then they think they have to choose .There isn't a choice Yahsua is in the bloodline of king David is just in the bloodline of His Majesty .The correct order to start the nucleus teaching of his majesty is to start learning about today and then return back in time starting with his majesty and then return backwards in reading your bible from revelations .Do not use to much reverences this way !! then ones maybe can overstand why his majesty is who he is and Yahsua who he is also
This is by a fellow who Used to be known as Ras eastway

Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

Ras Troy

• Standard User
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 12:09:00 PM »

InI give thanks for those who posted on this topic. In todays world it hard to find the correct truth. Many have been brainwashed through the years that the wrong seems to be right to them. Even the Ible says "many shall come in my name and mislead many". So I n I even give thanks to this forum  because it has really help InI overstand things much better.

To all the bredrens and sistrens InI would like to say keep up the good work and get the youth ones to follow the true way of life. Many times i have seen youth follow rasta but for the wrong reasons. It is almost as if they follow rasta to smoke ganja. We need to get back to our roots and follow rasta for the right reasons.

bless up, Jah Rastafari.....

prophet777

• Senior User
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 03:58:07 PM »

Is our way of life called JESUSFARI or RASTAFARI ? Answer that for yourself. Besides that , we do not believe (belief means you have doubts/you are not 100% sure...check it up in your dictionary !), we live RASTA. We eat, we drink, we breathe, we talk...RASTA. It is a reality not no dream or fantasy. This is our life and we take it serious.

P7
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 04:03:53 PM by prophet777 »
ME NAH COM' FE BOW - ME COM' FE CONQUER !!

Ras Troy

• Standard User
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 01:52:38 PM »

I appoligize for the words i use when typing. I have risen not so long ago and do not know all the  words and so forth.... I live rasta, I eat rasta, I sleep rasta and even breath rasta. Since living rasta i have looked at things completely differently.

this forum has taught I alot and I give thanks for those involved with maintaining the site..

Bless up

prophet777

• Senior User
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 10:02:11 PM »

Ras Troy

You do not have to apologize for anything you have to say. My posting was not directed at you  ;). It was not directed to any one (at least not in that sense). It was just an answer and my opinion to the subject/question/thread that is at hand. I mean no offense by it. It is just how I see it.

P7
ME NAH COM' FE BOW - ME COM' FE CONQUER !!

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 12:36:30 PM »

After reding the reasonings

I felt that I ought to enter by asking the question, How can H.I.M. be a reincarnation of Jesus?

Notwithstanding that there is no historical/factual record of Jesus, How can H.I.M be of the lineage of Jesus, when; even based upon the
biblical tale, Jesus didn't have any offspring and therefore his line would have died out with him!

How is Jesus the son of God!
Every person throughout history has a mother and father, H.I.M. being no different.The bible states that Jesus is supposed to be an immaculate conception (Nonsense).  But for the purpose of the reasoning, lets accept this myth as a fact. Where it falls down; is that according to the story Jesus, he had several siblings (brother and sisters )including James (the Just). So how does that work? If this woman Mary had Jesus by unearthly means, then how is it that she has several more children which were all conceived in the usual manner to Joseph?

I doubt if anyone today would be accepting that their woman became pregnant  under those circumstances!

Common sense ought to show people that what is being impressed upon them is not right!

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 02:30:28 AM »

Knowledge, immaculate conception applies to MIRIAM THE MOTHER OF JESUS not to Yahshuah Himself and therefore has no basis in what you propose.

The biblical "tale" as you so boldly state is fundamentally disrespectful to most Ras', including HIM Selassie

SO WISE UP BROTHER.

You not only not know what is Immaculate conception and call it a myth you, in so doing, also blaspheme Selassie, who throughout his own lifetime testified continuously to the veracity of scripture AND also- worth noting- denied his own divinity- which Yahshuah did not:

"How can H.I.M. be a reincarnation of Jesus?"

You and fellow scripture-reviling self-called Ras better rethink your bad selves.

"Notwithstanding that there is no historical/factual record of Jesus,"

There was a STATUE OF YAHSHUAH erected by the woman who was cured of her bleeding, which stood long enough for Josephus to see it, (if I am not confusing my sources).

In any case, it is not considered a point of contention that He existed

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 04:33:21 PM »

Natty threads

I have read and duly contents of your response.

However in light of the contents, lets now go into the issues contained therein'

Knowledge, immaculate conception applies to MIRIAM THE MOTHER OF JESUS not to Yahshuah Himself and therefore has no basis in what you propose.

You state in the excerpt above that the immaculate conception applies to Miriam the mother of Jesus and not Yashua himself . How does that work? In the first instance I thought Mary was the mother of jesus, I always thought Miriam was the sister of Moses and Aaron!!
You sure we are talking about the same character?

In terms of disrespecting H.I.M. How do arrive at that conclusion, I stated within my post that H.I.M. Selassie I had a mother and father - what is blasphemous about that - isn't that the truth? I always thought the Ras them, dealt with truth and rights, maybe the Ras you refer to don't  - what is so wrong in highlighting truth!

In terms of not knowing what is immaculate conception -Yes you are right, I don't know, but then again neither do you or anyone else for that matter!!

H.I.M. Did say he was not god, he stated that "I art of judah" Which I believe to be a reasonable thing to state. I am not sure where the notion that jesus is god arises, because he wasn't. Didn't he claim to be the son of man?? But in any event if you are saying that the Creator of the Universe and everything within , The Creator of the Earth and all the things that dwell therein, The Force that created Consciousness was strung up on a cross or a tree (depending on which version you believe).
Then all I will say is Wow!!!!

In terms of your reference to scripture reviling self!! Please note I quite easily resort to could flinging negative insults, but I am above that, I will agree to accept your insult :o. Only because it probably makes you feel better within your self!!

As for the statue, PLEASE; if you want to believe that example then that is up to you - However I don't, Indeed I was under the impression, in any event, that idols and molten, or is that brazen images were a no no! So your example only serves to further highlight the myth!
I don't wanna sound funny, but round my endz, sensible people don't use those kind of childish examples to make or refute a serious point.

In the event; I fail to see within your response, where the validity of the biblical jesus has been made out!

Posted on: March 12, 2009, 12:38:04 PM
Natty threads

I have read and duly noted contents of your response.

However in light of the contents, lets now go into the issues contained therein'

You state in the excerpt above, "that the immaculate conception applies to Miriam the mother of Jesus and not Yashua himself".
How does that work? In the first instance I thought Mary was the mother of jesus, wasn't Miriam the sister of Moses and Aaron!! Are you sure we are talking about the same character?

In terms of disrespecting H.I.M. How do do you arrive at that conclusion, I stated within my post that H.I.M. Selassie I, had a mother and father - what is blasphemous about that - isn't that the truth? I always thought the Ras them, dealt with truth and rights, maybe the Ras you refer to don't  - what is so wrong in highlighting truth!

In terms of not knowing what is immaculate conception -Yes you are right, I don't know what that is, but then again, neither do you or anyone else for that matter!! But I note with a wry smile, that you do not even begin to give a view about the issue of jesus 's siblings!

H.I.M. Did say he was not god, he stated that "I art of judah" Which I believe to be a reasonable thing to state. I am not sure where the notion that jesus is god arises, because he wasn't. Didn't he claim to be the son of man?? But in any event, if you are saying that the Creator of the Universe and everything within, The Creator of the Earth and all the things that dwell therein, The Force that created Consciousness was strung up on a cross or a tree (depending on which version you believe). Then all I will say is Wow!!!!

In terms of your reference to scripture reviling self!! Please note that I too could quite easily resort to could flinging negative insults, but I am above that, I will agree to accept your insult. Only because it probably makes you feel better within yourself!!

As for the woman and the statue, PLEASE; if you want to believe that example, then that is up to you - However I don't, Indeed I was under the impression, in any event, that idols and molten, (or is that brazen) images were a no no! So really your example only serves to further highlight the myth which I boldly referred to! I don't wanna sound funny, but around my endz, sensible people don't use those kind of childish examples to make or refute a serious point.

In the event; I fail to see within your response, where the validity of the biblical jesus has been made out! One last thing I have not proposed anything, I have just aired a conscious viewpoint and contrary to your assertion ("that he existed is not considered a point of contention") It is indeed a massive point of contention, maybe when you reach within the infinity, you might want to ask one of the millions who have been victims of the religious zealots (i.e. Spanish inquisition, Slavery, Burning witches in the Middle Ages,) whether or not they found it contentious!

Posted on: March 12, 2009, 05:00:40 PM
NyaInIJahLove  writes that

"Melchizedek was a King/High Priest who blessed Abraham after Abraham had slain Kings
He announced HIMself as One without Mother or Father, without beginning or End"

That is not true: However, I would make the distinction that NyaInIJahLove may sincerely believe that Melchizedek
had no mother and father, as that is what the bible says!! But that is patently not true, well at least not according to a more comprehensive account of that same legend; of course he had a mother and father!

She also writes "Melchizedek was a King/High Priest who blessed Abraham after Abraham had slain Kings"

Again that is not the true sound Melchizedek did not come out to bless Abram after the Slaughter of the Kings
He was actually on his way to prevent Abram from committing the slaughter. However' he was too late and he met Abram as he was returning from the slaughter. It was in a fit of fear that Abram spontaneously gave a tenth of the spoils from the Slaughter of the Kings
to Melchizedek (as according to how the legend really goes) Not because of the reasons alluded to within the bible! 

I do not wish to become bogged down in semantics, but for those who don't know, then I feel it is important that all sides of a story is aired...

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 09:29:56 AM »

Blessed Love
Iyah truly appricilove the I's clarification pon the Melchizedek topic, Knowledgeman, it is still steeped in Mystery far I and I don't claim to be an expert on the matter, all I know is what I have read and what I experience and the reading is hearsay so it could be wrong
I have written what I know about the Spiritual Icept that the Melchizedek story illustrates far I on I website, as a Bredren asked I to share what I know pon the matter and its not much
feel free to check it pon I fiyah forum and share the I's clarification with I crew, if yah feel to
together, we shall get to the bottom of it all, and discern truth from illusion, this I know
Jahlove n Bless
I-Sis Nyah I
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 11:02:37 AM »

Respect NyaInIJahLove.

As de I quite rightly states; a nuff theories and illusions we have to see through to get a full overstanding of the truth.

Health and strength to de I

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 21 queries.