Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Hold on... I have a BIG question..  (Read 7191 times)

Young Rasta

Hold on... I have a BIG question..
« on: January 30, 2009, 02:29:43 AM »

I saw a post earlier about "Fanatical Christians" telling them to GO HOME.  Or get off.  I thought Rastafari was Christian.  Is it not? I believe in Jesus Christ as my savior and I believe that he saved me from all of my sins.  I believe that he died on the cross to grant me salvation.  Is that not accepted in Rasta? Because I am Rastafarian, but I'm still Christian.  :-\

moses

• Senior User
  • Blessed The Most I, Forever Loving Jah RastafarI
Re: Hold on... I have a BIG question..
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 07:44:28 AM »

Greetings!

Jus spent sometime to learn what has been discussed around here for a while. Set a time aside and investigate. Go thru separate threads and topics and reflect.

Say like, 1 month of probation. Then begin to ask. This will be the nice of you and kind.

Bless Up
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love + If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love = I am nothing. 1 Corinth 13

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 08:22:24 AM »

Listen I, There has been a complete infiltration of Rastafari worldwide. You will hear all manner of contradicting hype. Be stong in your faith, and feel blest to know that you stand alone admist so many that would distort and take it from you. Or course Rastafari is Christian but their are many who have confused IandI with an anti christian black liberation movement from Jamaica built on authroity complexes and reverse racism. You will also find much anti semitism and unproductive conspiratorial blather. Since it gives those persecuted someone even more vunerable than themselves to oppress and is used as a way to avoid accountablity.("its all controlled anyway so why try" attitude) Even from the first response you can see how vunerable this attitude is when it seeks to immediatly classify "you and your type" with accompaning assumptions and negative projections.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 08:25:45 AM by I ELIJAH I »
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 01:35:33 PM »

Do you follow the beliefs of your father and mother? are they Rastafarian as well, if not why dont you believe what they believe?

The point im making is that there are many Rastas who venerate his majesty or worship his majesty for things other than his own beliefs, some worship and follow him because of his character, some because of his great personality as a human being, others because he represents everything to them as a human can be and of course others follow and venerate him because they see him as God or connect him to Jesus. There's no right or wrong way in any of those ways bredrin no matter what or who says so, and yes here on this forum there will be some who right away will claim what i said is incorrect, be cautious of those types because they are controlled by dogma as they see and read it but that is subject to personal interpretation. Feel how you wish to feel rastafari and so be it bredrin, dont let how others feel it affect you.

The post you read remember said "FANATICAL christians" those that constantly barrage others with rhetoric and post bible quote after bible quote to prove THEIR point, this can be annoying to say the least and after awhile the person who started this forum had enough and posted it as a sticky for others to read thats all.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 05:34:48 PM »

I am definitely a Christian. moderate in Rasta though it was Rastas who led me to Christ, do quote scripture occassionally, and yet seem to get along well enough here (when I show- it's been very full weeks this winter).

It seems there is room in Rasta for a variety of theologies.

If, as a Christian, you can still love and reason with brethren who disagree with you, then I should think you can be Rasta.

My understanding is that it is  a lack of tolerance that excludes one from this path more than anything else.

There certainly is an interesting mix here.

As long as you realize that the underlying universal theme is not an agreement on theology and that the views do not agree in many cases, yet somehow most identify as Ras', you should be able to grow in overstanding.

In any case, one need not be Rasta to benefit from Rasta.
I don't think I am and I certainly do.

Bless up.
Posted on: January 30, 2009, 09:28:40 AM
Do you follow the beliefs of your father and mother? are they Rastafarian as well, if not why dont you believe what they believe?

Would you take this somewhere for me, Human?

This is something I need to explore myself, and it seems you might be able to help.

You go on with "The point I am making...", which I follow, but maybe you could expound a bit on why we aren't like our parents in fundamental beliefs and how to think about this?

It seems I'm at loggerheads with mine, and I'd really like to understand. (I am 44, btw, and was followed to Alaska by my mom several years ago and am ready to leave the place I love to get away from her again- it is very very very very sad.)
Your comment piqued a part of my spirit.
Can you help?

(Sorry, Young. Not trying to hijack, but this should help with your question too).

Bless.

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 06:18:35 PM »

"Would you take this somewhere for me, Human?"

Sure Natty, even though it was in regard to the posters question i will convey my meaning for a better understanding. My mother and father were raised Roman Catholic and i was to when i was very young, they still are but im not, both of them think herb is bad and a danger to people, they believe in certain politics which i dis agree with, there views on certain subjects in life differ quite a bit with mine, but, i love them with all my heart, i respect them immensely, i support them in many ways through love, honor, kindness and positive morals, i look up to them and can honestly say they are the 2 most greatest people in this world to me no matter our differences. The point im making is you can love, honor, respect and venerate, even worship someone if you like without having to believe or follow in every way they do, whether it is there morals, there beliefs in life or there religion. The person or persons can be a nucleous for everything you feel is proper and just in your life, you can venerate them to the utmost based upon those great qualities you see in them without having to believe exactly as they do, so if i can come to this easy conclusion about my mother and father who love me UN-CONDITIONALY then why cant a person feel the same about someone else. If a rasta sees great things in his majesty like kindness, love, strength, compassion, determination etc, etc and these wonderful attributes he adopts for him or her self and lives a life based upon these qualities reflected in Selassie then that is all he needs to be considered a follower of his, a venerater of Rastafari, one who's entire nucleous of being is reflected in H.I.M.. When someone says you must follow his exact beliefs as he saw them in order to be a lover of his majesty and a follower then all i can say is "do you follow everything exactly about those that you love or recieve personal reward from by being like them", i personally think that selassie would respect you following him for those traits more, rather than being based upon his religious beliefs, it would be an honor to him i believe to have great people who love others recognize those traits above simply his religous and personal feelings of what happened thousands of years ago. Yes was he a christian, absolutely, he encouraged christianity, he encouraged others to come to the Orthodox faith, but rastafari as a  personal journey is not about following one for there religion, it is much more than that, it is a recognition in the man of something much deeper and something that touches everyone who sees him regardless of there faith. If Selassie called upon the world to help Ethiopia out at the time it was in need and only asked it from christians based upon his faith then what would have happened? if Selassie who was the head of the Orginization for African Unity called upon only his christian members for African Unity then his purpose would have been in vain, the OAU was largely muslim at the time with many other denominations, it wasnt about that though, it was bigger than that, it was about greater humanity based upon morals, love, compassion for others, giving and recieving etc, etc. There is not one single thing a religous person can do that a non-believer can't do as well, comapssion, love, understanding, a quest for unity, these are not qualities simply born from faith or religion but are the great INNATE qualities we all have as humans, whether we know it or not it is born within the fabric of Man and Woman, history has proven this. This is why Rastafari is special, this is what draws people to this man, not simply his religous views.

Those that say "you can't be rasta if your not a christian" or "if you dont believe in Jesus your not rasta" simply dont have a grasp yet of what his Majesty was all about, you disrespect him by saying such things and will never see the bigger picture although you can jump up and down claiming to know better. Selassie preached about human qualities in all of us which go far beyond words written in different books all claiming to know the truth. He stepped up on the world stage and spoke about them, this is enough for ones to want to venerate him and follow his examples, this is my opinion.

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 11:46:36 AM »

Blessed Love
nice post my Human Bred
Thats the eloquence I n I needed about now
I feel no animosity toward non-Christ (Yesus Christ) following Rastafari
only don't like it when they rubbish I n I faith in the name of RastafarI
thats not right, in I book
RastafarI is one space I n I should be able to share I faith without being rubbished for loving "the son"
thats I view on the subject for now
One Love n RASpect
Nyah I
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

surfmon_I

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 12:31:44 PM »

Blessings Sistren and Bredren,
  It has been so nice to read such Upfull, and Insightful Posts.  It seems at Ivry point we reach in our lives can be a new vista view .
  Young Rasta referred to the "Fanatical Christians" thread, and the problem does not rest with the Christian part, it has to do with the FANATICAL part.  There should be no problem when resonable views come to light, problems begin when only one way is accepted.  The problem with only one way is that it can never accomodate differing levels of realization, or degrees.
  If we look to an accepted model of what Christ has come to represent, we can see this light is withIn the grasp of all people.  Yet if we look to Christ, as Rastas look to His Majesty, the principal relationship is not with the Man, although that is what we Physically relate to, it is to a deeper relationship with JAH.  This happens on a very large scale, as the world has many Faiths.
  What we have each accepted to be truth should bring out a Universal Love, but this too would be polarized or Fanatical, of us.  If Young Rasta believes;

I believe in Jesus Christ as my savior and I believe that he saved me from all of my sins.  I believe that he died on the cross to grant me salvation.  Is that not accepted in Rasta? Because I am Rastafarian, but I'm still Christian.

Then he has accepted certian avenues in the persuit or relationship with JAH and this is a personal thing.  If in this relationship we are secure and open, we are able to listen and see the many differing Beautiful relationship stories and experiences that have unfolded throughout the ages. 

The half that has never been told;  represents the other side of the story.  If in our free minds we are gifted the peace of vision of the Unification then we are looking at the whole picture, both sides that mek a ONE.

Peace be with you
         ~S~

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 12:44:11 PM »

The issue of tolerance is not one that Rastafari need to counsel among ourselves. It is well overstood that I and I would never hold any faith against an I. The issue with a one calling Himself Rastafari that in truth is not, is not one of faith, but one of a slander, misrepresentation, distortion, and ignorance leading to death. Suffice to say that I man will never recognize a "non-christ following Rastafari" as such, and will Iternaly and vocally stand in opposition to any such claim.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 12:46:43 PM by I ELIJAH I »

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 08:03:51 PM »

Suffice to say, no one cares whether "you" recognize or not, thats the point, but, thanks for your always intolerant view.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 10:21:41 PM »

Unsought assertions as to the level of "care" with which my opinion is regarded speak immediately to the prominence of such a recognition irrespective of that declared and for this we also thank you.

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 11:18:25 PM »

Ok

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 08:38:57 AM »

Yes, Clearly the fascist urge to speak for all and make personal attacks are functions of the same force operating in the Rastafari paradigm to malign those faithful to Yeshua. The "stumbling block" that JAH created is the willingness to stand and speak out against this practice. So as a whole in "Rasta" you will not be accepted if you side with truth.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 08:42:56 AM by I ELIJAH I »

surfmon_I

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 09:49:39 AM »

Now, if we were to hold up a mirror to that post, could it not be reflected right back to the author. 
  It is not true that one cannot speak for all.  If the I sight Rabbi Jesus as Christ and it bring Salvation, If a one look to His Majesty as the same~ are there not others that see something different?. 
  Which truth stand Universal for ALL?, is not Beauty in the Eyes of the beholder and salvation in the acts and thoughts of us each?.  I would very much lke to state something which in I heart I feel strongly on;
   Does it really matter who we think is God?,  If we look to the stories we have been told, and where the world finds it self now, how can anyone possibly think any of us has/had it right of yet?
   Was Jesus Yeshua to the Jews?, how bout King Selassie?, was he even recognized by them?.  Which story are we speaking of when we speak of "Christ"  for sure there is not only one white washed version.
  A stumbling block is to belittle the importance of what we seek to share, and what we share should not be slander amongst eachother. 
  We know what happens when the Lions are in the room,  let us not forget the Lambs which are the other halves of ourselves.
  Elijah,  many times, I do not know if you are speaking to me, but I take it as if you are, and I am the better for it.  I look to the meaning and reflect it right back to I self.  There is no gain in slinging the same language and labeling oneself head rep and casing the stones in the sling.
  Human, It should be apparent by now that to call out Elijah, the call will be answered.  Subtelty hinted scarcasm will be answered with a mindset that is admirable in someways, yet so caustic in others that it stripps the meaning from what we are learning from each other as we reach for our dictionaries.
  The truth is a funny thing;  It is as all other things in nature,  Its purity is too much to be taken absolutely.  It is a dance that brings joy, but we are never really sure what the next step is.  It is a dance on the shore of reason, where the sand is washed clean endlessly as the waves lap over our foot prints.
Posted on: February 03, 2009, 10:24:24 AM
3rd line down;  IS it not true.
sorry.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 01:30:48 PM »

It is counter intuitive for people who's spirituality is built on absolute inclusiveness because there "standing" as individuals if too pitiful to bear, to sight that NOT EVERYONE is Rastafari. So no, When I speak as and of what it means to be Rastafari, I speak of an order of initiation who for those of it, outsiders are easily detected, Is NOT the same as someone who because his inadequate intelligence provides him no other avenue in the protection of his fools pride that to deride people by claiming "no one cares about their opinion" out of sheer malice. Certain claims simply contradict one another, and those of I sworn to the truth will never cease to bring that to light no matter how many guppies the school gathers.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.