Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Anger or just new direction?  (Read 3362 times)

MaoriLion

• Senior User
  • Love and praise for Jah RasTafarI
    • Myspace
Anger or just new direction?
« on: February 22, 2009, 01:24:31 AM »

Greetings in the name of the Most High Haile Selassie I the first.

In the last few weeks and months I've been finding Iself particularly consumed by what I can for now only call hate. I am finding Iself moving away from the idea of peaceful resistance to ideas of action, possibly violent. I feel Iself not wanting to pray for people I see committing offense to Jah but wanting to attack them, beat the evil out of them. What could this be put down too? A new stage in I development as a Rastafari? Is it time for I to no longer turn the other cheek to injustice but to hound it to the death? Does anybody else have these feelings?

Jah Bless.
Peace, Love, Inity

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
Re: Anger or just new direction?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 03:19:04 AM »

ANger can be transformed into empowered action
don't try repress the feeling but temper it with compassion and empathy
and the only way one can apply these emotions is to give compassion and empathy to yourself
most likely your anger is for good reason
the trick is to apply it for positice change and not pointless destruction
I find meditating on the extreme composure, dignity, compassion and righteous justice showed to us by His Majesty gives me a focal point to inspire me to control the outward manifestation of my anger
Anger can be seem as a repressed part of our unconsciousness rearing its head, to be acknowledged....try check your dreams and feelings for guidance
dreams are a way our unconscious speaks to us, as are story
things within your unconsciousness are needing to be faced, and you might just find grief and sadness underneath the anger, please don't be afraid (of course it is scary, intense, terrible and powerful but I trust the I to find the courage to face it) to feel everything in there and don't hold in tears if they need to be spilled.....just try to find someone who won't judge you, who loves you for who you are, to be there to talk to or whatever you need to do, anger or hate towards others is always directed at oneself as as within so without, as one forgives oneself and finds compassion and emapthy for oneself, one finds one can apply these energies out to others...whatever you have done or havent done, or whatever you allowed to be done to yourself or you couldn't stop, it can be forgiven!!!!!!
 this could be the beginning of great healing and change...but before positive change can occur, one needs to dump out whats in there, to be emptied to fill up on inspiration, hope, guidance....
try not to objectify and blame, just allow the feelings to be acknowledged and raspected and understood, coz, if you don't judge and invalidate your anger, if you allow it to tell you what it needs to, you will gain insight and overstanding into yourself, which is the true gift of emotion..this allows new directions, motivations and inspirations to be felt and the anger gives the energy to approach a previously feared path, it gives courage and Iviction and natural motivation that comes from within not outside of yourself
find an outlet that causes minimum harm, something that feels like release, expression or therapy
can you put it into words? scream into a pillow, exercise it out? paint draw, sing, martial art? activism? whatever it is you are angry about, I bet you could find people who are angry about the same things and who want to change things so that those things stop happening
articulating the anger is harder sometimes that hitting out at ones around you but soooooo much more effective and less self-esteem eroding, I know the I is a deeply soulful, intelligant, talented and awesome human being, you are so much bigger(in soul) and smarter than a violent thug...
please don't rip yourself off
consciousness is what we need not more violence, hate and control over others
and don't forget Lion
You are Loved
I-Sis Nyah I
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 03:40:30 PM »

Remember that the battle is already won, doing wrong is its own punishment.
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

surfmon_I

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 04:15:36 PM »

All who are captivated and obsessed by the illusions of weakness will feel the power of the collective soul and divine source awaken the dreamers into the real. There is no Judgment Day coming it is here and this Light brings the sword of truth and illumination where nothing is hidden and all is revealed for what it is.
Those who call you away from your center are seeking outside of their being for assistance and call for something they will never find.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 10:12:49 PM »

""Those... seeking outside of their being for assistance...call for something they will never find.""

Quite a dangerous idea when you think about it. Are you saying that we should not or are not capable of helping each other? Sounds more like an excuse not to help because their need exposed something about you.

surfmon_I

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 10:30:57 PM »

If the center of a being is their communion with JAH, anyone seeking from another is trying to validate their views as applied  by others and not JAH.  This can never happen.
Helping each other comes from an open heart and forwards with Love.  I know the truth may hurt, but even this stark reality , if shown with love can bring ones to the center.
Hatred can never conquer hatred, only love can.  JAH is Love.

and I see JAH in you too EliJAH, always have.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 10:04:44 PM »

Why are "those seeking assistance" trying to validate their views? Could they not be seeking assistance in the promulgation of something they already know to be valid? Perhaps I do not understand what is meant by "seeking assistance" in this context. What exactly is it that were I to seek from another would be futile? Myself? Yes that would be futile. Acknowledgment of the truth only a little less so.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 04:43:10 AM »

Remember that the battle is already won, doing wrong is its own punishment.

Exactly.

Thank-you.
Posted on: February 23, 2009, 08:38:13 PM
Hatred can never conquer hatred, only love can.  JAH is Love.

"Love one another as I have loved you.
 This is the Law and the Prophets."

MaoriLion, do not fall into the self-deceit that anger is just.

We do not have that right.

Bless up!

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 01:36:01 PM »

First off, what exactly is bothering you, what are the injustices that you are speaking about, are they being directed towards you or towards "Jah" as you say, what do you mean towards Jah? could you explain more as to what you mean in your post.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 05:08:32 PM »

Why do you make a presumption that the injustices could not be directed towards both Him and JAH before you even ask what he means?

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 06:48:52 PM »

lol

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 08:02:31 PM »

anger n hate is canceled out by giving..
"each one teach one"-M1 from Dead Prez

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 03:13:12 AM »

anger n hate is canceled out by giving..

Yes.
Do something for your enemy and make a friend.

Bless up.

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.