Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: genesis chapter 8 and the end  (Read 4815 times)

ke

• Veteran User
genesis chapter 8 and the end
« on: March 02, 2009, 04:34:29 PM »

pretty much all my life i have believed that the world will come to an end one day n Jah will judge

but after reading genesis chapter 8 (verse 21) I'm beginning to think that maybe the world wont ever come to an end
here it is..
21 The LORD smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: "Never again will I curse the ground because of human beings, even though [a] every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.

what do you guys think?
"each one teach one"-M1 from Dead Prez

natty threads

• Senior User
Re: genesis chapter 8 and the end
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 02:43:30 AM »

Go on to the next verse where He says "While the earth remains..."

The earth itself will be changed.

Yah did promise never to destroy the earth again with water and placed the rainbow as a covenant.

Bless up, ke.

Keep reading.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 10:25:35 AM »

The World and the Earth is too entirely different things.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 04:19:53 AM »

Sure- sometimes "the world" just means Israel.

Anyone here know the Hebrew maybe???

That usually helps.

Bless

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 12:36:42 PM »

"even though [a] every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood."

Ahhh such a kind and loving quote. Reminds me of wizard of oz when they finally walk behind the green curtain and lo and behold it's simply a little man making all that noise.

Ras Saadon

• Veteran User
  • Deuteronomy 30:19
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 04:44:58 PM »

Yep Hebrew is I native tongue, the translation of verse 21 is pretty accurate, 22 is a bit more interesting though, the I said in English it says "While the earth remains...", while in Hebrew it can be read in several ways, it says "עֹד, כָּל-יְמֵי הָאָרֶץ."
In the bible itself "," does not exist, and instead of ".", ":" is used to mark the end of a verse, however in this internet version InI have written here they use some modern ways of punctuation, at any case word per word it says "more(moreover), (in)all the days of the land..." now "the land" here can be taken to a few direction, on most occasions(in common Hebrew today as well), as the I have said, "The Land" is referring to the land of Israel, the word "הָאָרֶץ" is somewhat a specific one, and nah usually refers to the entire world(even in the bible), rather to Israel or a different stretch of land, however the weather phenomenons described later on are global, somewhat confusing , the word "אדמה" however is a much more general one and it is also used in this verse, "אדמה" usually means: ground, dirt, soil, earth and in the bible it many times a way to refer to the entire world.

"לֹא-אֹסִף לְקַלֵּל עוֹד אֶת-הָאֲדָמָה" is equivalent to "Never again will I curse the ground", so here as well one might say that the word "אדמה" could be translated as "never again will I curse the earth\world", also in Hebrew it actually says more like "I will not add another curse\I will not curse again" rather then such a definitive "never", the word "never" in Hebrew doesn't appear here in any form, overall pretty confusing, in ancient Hebrew nearly every word has so many possible meanings, and thats why you have endless amounts of books written through the generations trying to make sense of what the bible actually says, I personal faith is that nothing "ends", life goes on in different forms&ways, InI nah follow the teaching that says that one day Jah will judge and all the wicked would die or whatever and the righteous will go to heaven whatever that means, moreover the story of Noah is very debatable, stories nearly identical exist in a fair few cultures more ancient then that of the Israelites, it resembles so much that it really makes one thinks..

Jah Bless,
Ras Saadon.
"No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge the ways of God." His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I.

msgal

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 03:42:04 AM »

Ras Saadon,
That's a very interesting post. I've heard others give a translation from Hebrew, but it was never before from someone who actually speaks Hebrew.
I find the translation "I will not add another curse" very interesting.
I doesn't seem like we have to look far to find evidence of curse.
I'd never really thought about it before, but most teachings I've heard about
curses read like it hits then it's gone. The notable exception to me being the curses inflicted on women, but that would be a subject for another day.  Looking around tho, it's not hard to find pestilance,
war, natural and unnatural disasters of many kinds.
We don't really need to be cursed.
We do a damn good job of cursing ourselves.
I have never heard it translated like that before, but it hit home for me.
I'm glad you shared that with us.

Bless Bredda

Jah bless. I and I love you all.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 10:50:32 AM »

Greetings

Talking about curses - isn't that a little bit man made? Isn't it a man made superstitious phenomena!
It never ceases to amaze how all manner of people claim that they are gods personal messenger
part of the army or what ever! They refer to the fact that god cursed this, god cursed that,
which is just nonsense, they don't know!

And pleeeeeeaaaaasssssee, if any reader is going to refer to the bible to validate gods 'numerous' curses!
then all I can say is that they are the cursed ones. The curses indeed the whole way god is supposed to flex
as according to religious teaching is completely not true, it completely not real. It is indeed the sick twisted
interpretations of those who are acting out their material agenda.

The sooner people start to look beyond the smokescreen, the clearer it becomes!

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 12:52:27 PM »

God just beeped me on my blackberry, he said my headache the other day was a curse and that he is sorry because it was really for my unbelieving neighbor next door which he just stillborned his wifes baby...just like the good old days he said...he sent a sign to me to apologize and remember his blessing upon me, it was a picture of mother mary in my cereal bowl. Really it's true, its all fact.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 03:11:45 PM »

pretty much all my life i have believed that the world will come to an end one day n Jah will judge

but after reading genesis chapter 8 (verse 21) I'm beginning to think that maybe the world wont ever come to an end
here it is..
21 The LORD smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: "Never again will I curse the ground because of human beings, even though [a] every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.

what do you guys think?

Bredrin I think it's complete nonsense. However there is some truth in the verse insofar as the Earth and the World are too different thing.
Even when you read Genesis, it wasn't the earth that was destroyed, it was the world as it stood in that time. How can the earth be destroyed when it' is the Lord's to the fullness thereof? ;D (for give me for chuckling at that paradox).
Posted on: March 17, 2009, 03:58:11 PM
Read the 6th 7th 8th  9th and 10th Book of Moses. You will certainly say something different to what you are saying now.

For the others who are frowning at me for raising certain biblical issues, I would like to know why is it, they keep those
scriptures under deep cover, I mean it's not a thing you come across everyday. Some people don't even know about these books, much less read them, maybe because those in the know, are afraid it would show the said Moses in a different light! I will of course await the enlightening responses which I doubt will come.

msgal

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 04:16:00 PM »

Greetings Knowledge,
I don't understand he difference between the world and the earth
as you spoke of it.
Could you explain it to me?

btw concerning curses, it surely is completely man made.
The Puritans had the concept that if life was not going good for someone
it was absolutly because they were on the outs with god.
So, to try to right this person they would punish them further.
This is the first example that comes to mind for me since I grew up in
New England hearing the stories of the early puritan settlers.
Any time something bad happens someones right there to say it's
a test or a punishment.
It makes me want to scream everytime someone's said it to me.
Either it's ben 50 years of tests or I'm incredibly wicked. lol
I have used events in my life as lerning experience but I can't
imagine a " loving god" inflicting some of the horrific things i've seen
for any reason.
I have seen many people in and out of churches who consider their
prosperity as a sign of their "goodness" and other peoples misfortune
as a sign of thier "badness".
If we want to see a real curse people have inflicted on our planet
look at polluiton. Our home is poisoned every day and in the interest
of making money it probably will not stop.
Anyway, enough soapbox for me.

Bless always

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 01:28:09 PM »

Greetings, Ms,

Sorry for the delay in responding, I have only just seen your question today.

In answer to your question, When I refer to the difference between the Earth and the World, The difference is as follows; When I refer to the Earth, it is to the planet and the natural environment that I refer to, my distinction from the term world, is that the world is the man made infrastructure, i.e. Civilisation and cities, which are built or placed upon the earth.

When The creator destroys the world, it is not the planet that is destroyed. It is the civilisation (the world of men) that is destroyed!

Indeed it's similar to the subtle difference in the term cradle of humanity and cradle of civilisation. Generally thought to be similar but in effect two distinct and different terms.

Health and strength. 

msgal

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 01:06:56 AM »

OIC
no worries bout the delay. I've seen the long responses
in other areas of the forum. You've been busy ; )

I appreciate the explanation. It makes sense to me now.

Health and strength

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 10:00:36 AM »

I am glad that the explanation clarifies that issue for de I.

Kind regards and Health and Strength  :)

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 03:05:16 AM »

God just beeped me on my blackberry, he said my headache the other day was a curse and that he is sorry because it was really for my unbelieving neighbor next door which he just stillborned his wifes baby...just like the good old days he said...he sent a sign to me to apologize and remember his blessing upon me, it was a picture of mother mary in my cereal bowl. Really it's true, its all fact.

Hmmm- so you don't think the Almighty feels compelled to micromanage the minutiae of the day to day lives of beings He deliberately created with free will???

I enjoyed the flow of consciousness.

I had friends who used to "rework" Enquirers and such and build their own papers to share.

Their favorite cover ever featured "Jesus Found in Bowl of Chili!"

Thank-you of reminding me of long-ago friends.

Bless up,
Jennifer
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.