Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: TORN BETWEEN 2 FAITHS  (Read 4182 times)

wademanini

• Normal User
TORN BETWEEN 2 FAITHS
« on: March 08, 2009, 11:17:18 PM »

I'VE BEEN DRIFTED AWAY FRM CHRISTIANITY 4 A FEW MONTHS NOW AND IN LOOKING 4 A NEW FAITH I DONT NO WETHER ISLAM OR RASTAFARI IS RIGHT FOR ME WAT SHOULD I DO.

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
Re: TORN BETWEEN 2 FAITHS
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 12:00:06 AM »

pray for guidance.. you do not chose a particular path , it chooses you.

Queen J x
Do not be decieved:God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Galatians 5:13:7

There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins.
Ecclesiastes 7:5:20

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 02:43:57 PM »

I would nt bother with the Islam

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 12:00:08 AM »

what makes you want to pick a different faith just because you are drifting away?
no matter what faith or path you choose your always going to have times where you drift away it doesn't necessarily mean you should change your faith.
seen?
"each one teach one"-M1 from Dead Prez

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 02:03:11 AM »

How on earth can you be torn, as a Christian, between Ras', a branch of fundamental Christianity, and Islam, the ultimate denial of Christianity?

Islam- really-

http://www.jihadtojesus.com/
http://www.shoebat.com/bio.php
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK-i81uacqU
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 04:12:38 PM »

Of course you can be torn between two faiths particularly when they are two sides of the same coin.

Give Rasta their dues, no one is forced to join their way of life, Rasta may bun fire, but they ain't blowing up innocent people.
unlike both of the other religions.
At least that is a step in the right direction. Open up your mind and don't follow anyone, just hear what they have to say and make up your own mind!

Rasta concept places a fresh perspective on biblical perception, but ultimately insofar as the bible is the fundamental root of  isms. So in that respect the Rasta concept faces the danger of being distorted by the very same religion it professes to oppose.

Redge

• Bless'ed love all Jah Children
  • Regular User
  • In jah we trust
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 10:14:45 AM »

Greetings in the most High Rastafari

This is a question you cannot ask others
altho u can be guided by others towards belief in a faith
but it is you who really needs to find your own path.

InI believe that rastafari is the only faith for me because
it is where i feel most comfortable i feel as if i belong.

the only guidance i can give is to ask yourself and ask
jah for guidance.

Truthfuly u need to ask urself why are you drifting from
christianity?

Maybe a doubt of some sort?

I hoped this helped in someway

jah bless

"a man with no past is a tree with no roots if you dont know where you came from where do you go?"

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 08:16:07 AM »

Theessense of both are sound
yet individual and group/mass interpretation of either can be troublesome and negating to real spiritual/physical emancipation that is a personal journey and is beyond labels
the best way to find out (in I opinion) is to pray/ask for guidance and keep seeking, learning and deepening love for yourself...not grandious, arrogant false love, but real ease of self n feelings of positivity and rightness
gage what everyone says with how right it makes you feel on the inside
does the teaching or person make you feel, or encourage and inspire you to feel more alive and in harmony with life? or is it making you feel a sense of shame and self negation?
it is honouring your deepest sense of self or do you feel you have to change alot to "fit in" with the group and to gain acceptance?
change is positive if it is "self motivated" that is you recognize you are not happy with some of your lifestyle habits, relating, state of health etc and Begin to seek the support to change these things
true deepening journey into knowing yourself and finding your path will not negate the I-nstant refining process that the true adept embarks on
it is not about finding a religion to hang on to or to have a social scene with, but deepening your relationship with the ALL and awakening your Spiritual body your Ka body thru the vehicle of your chosen expression of faith
by the way the meaning of Islam is "surrendering to the Most  High" and contrary to the media, Most Moslems are not terrorists, just as most Christians aren't not either, just the so-called Christians that run the "republican bible-bashing, gun toting middle Americans that support The WAR of Terror and the War on (the people&the planet) Drugs.....
I prefer Sufi Moslems and Rasta Christians and other open-minded more Mystic, Gnostic Christians Iself, than any organized group who exalt themselves and separate themselves thru their religion
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 10:33:42 AM »

Greetings Nya

As Redge quite rightly states. A one has to find their own trod in this dispensation, it's not a easy trod either, as there are lots of traps and cul de sacs which are put in place to try and prevent one from going on this trod to find truth, salvation, redemption or even just plain enlightenment. Right now the system is acting to deflect ones from seeking the true path, they use the tools of the system to ensure slavish adherence to it's values.

In reference to your Islam; "Meaning surrendering to the most High". What happened to choice? As you are aware there are many Rasta, who hail, worship, and acknowledge Selassie I. But none of them is forced into that, most come to that light based upon free will and choice. The term Surrender don't come into it. (as many would say they was not warring with the Most High in the first place).

At the risk of sounding facetious, there are many who follow Islam who are not terrorists, but then again everyone of those Jihad terrorists professes to follow Islam! The Christian flex is similar, yes they are many Christians who believe in what they believe and just go about their law abiding business. But just like the Islamist,  The organised military wing of Christianity uses violence and unfairness to spread their doctrine. They always have; that is the way of their world!  The Zionist Jewish are no different with their potent mix of military muscle, Financial Banking and discriminatory and false doctrine. It is noticeable that when compared to these three faiths, I don't hear about Rasta as a group or collective; actively engaged in bloodshed and the blowing up of innocent people in order to get their viewpoint across. Although I accept that there are those who claim they are Rasta who are caught up as individuals within the political ism.

Redge

• Bless'ed love all Jah Children
  • Regular User
  • In jah we trust
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 08:29:38 AM »

thanks knowledge

jah bless

Hail selassie I di first
"a man with no past is a tree with no roots if you dont know where you came from where do you go?"

0ne L0ve

• Regular User
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 04:44:30 PM »

RASTAFARI !!!!!!

to hell with muslims and their holly wars
we dotn want selfiisch hypocritical people on this earth
that declair wars against none muslims n dont respect others
from diffrent race,s country,s etc....n more

George

• Senior User
  • "...fighting against isms and skisms..."
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 06:39:13 PM »

Greetings,

What happened to respect?

My advice to wademanini is not to join a faith, do what you feel is right, religion is an external commitment. Ask yourself internally what you believe. Meditate on it.

I cant belive the hate in some posts.

thats not rasta

One Love
"A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots" - Marcus Garvey

0ne L0ve

• Regular User
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 07:08:02 PM »

Greetings,

What happened to respect?

My advice to wademanini is not to join a faith, do what you feel is right, religion is an external commitment. Ask yourself internally what you believe. Meditate on it.

I cant belive the hate in some posts.

thats not rasta

One Love

i Get hated by everybody cuz i dont got a religion and ( dont believe in god). =S
so dats why im studying Rastafari cuz i believe in the whole thing
simply cuz its pure n true and its all about one love all around the world unity ....etc

and that make's me feel great inside cant describe it.

George

• Senior User
  • "...fighting against isms and skisms..."
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 07:57:25 PM »

Rastafari believe in God!

Muslims believe in God!

Christian Believe in God!

In my view We're all flowing down different streams into the same river.

Live positivley.

Follow yourself and not the crowd

One Love

Raspect :)
"A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots" - Marcus Garvey

0ne L0ve

• Regular User
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 01:51:09 PM »

Rastafari believe in God!

Muslims believe in God!

Christian Believe in God!

In my view We're all flowing down different streams into the same river.

Live positivley.

Follow yourself and not the crowd

One Love

Raspect :)

Thats what i mean i dont believe in god and i neither need god or a religion to lvie a right life.
i can make out myself whats good and not good, for me i neither dont care what people think about me
i know alot of people that are christian and muslim but they all drink alchol or drugz or fighting, killing etc....

They got a damn religion and they do thesse things i dont got a religion and i neither dont do thesse thingz
so my points is i need no god or anything else to go on the right pad

(srry for repeating dident kno whow to explain it in annother way xD )
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.