Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Some questions. Please read and respond.  (Read 1897 times)

TIK

Some questions. Please read and respond.
« on: January 15, 2009, 11:46:58 PM »

Hey all.  I am new to this forum and i am hoping tat i can absorb some knowledge. 

My name is Ian and I am 24 years old to start.  I live in the state of Ohio.  I am a white boy, after research i know this is not a problem.  I have a few questions to assist my descision to join the rastafari faith.

1.  My general interest first came from my deep love for Bob Marley and his music and messages.  Being green to your faith, is that frowned upon?

2.  even hough a white boy as myself can join, is there ever discrimination.

3.  As a younger man i smoked herb to get "stoned", i am still a herb smoker, but now it has a different meaning to me.  so my question is how is it justified?

4.  how can i contact some one for a more direct conversation? a link would b helpful

5.  Is there a traditional rasta church or temple? how can i locate one?

Thank you for your time.

i am very serious and interested in this.  please only serious answers.  "Im a roast, baste me!"

Peace and one love,

Ian

onelove

• Newbie User
Re: Some questions. Please read and respond.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 06:15:44 PM »

this is exactly the same situation i am in! however, replace the bob marley for ganja and thats it.  i do love bob marley though still!
but i'm in the same situation as you brother! and it's fustrating becasue it feels so right but i've just got to sort everything out in my head. . .  like the same questions you are askin.

peace and love

Jah Bless

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 09:17:38 AM »

Blessed Love Bredren,
One thing would be nice
and that is the Icideration to read and glean answers from what is already presented here and elsewhere on-line, as well as Iditating and asking Spirit, reading Scripture and anything pertaining to Wholesome Spirituality and religion and making Inections with loveful people of wise nature, Africans or Mystically minded people would be Ideal.....
All of the members of this forum are incredible busy individuals with HUGE lives of much RASponsibility
also there is a wealth of Rasta music available, much of it free on-line, although supporting Rastafari Artists and culture is a great way to give back and forward the culture and livity that so inspires
No one is going to give you all the answers, no that would be too easy, and it would deprive the I's of the journey of discovery and "seeking and finding" that life gives so abundantly....
so, just keep asking and looking..within as well as without and as the law states
"ask and Ye shall receive"
and sure enuff knocking will open the door....
to knowledge and inner illumination....
it is not so much about "rules" and having an easier life, because someone worked it out for you already
it is more about living an authentic life
wanting truth and justice more than ease and acclaim
loving the Higher ways more than your own life
serving and helping those in need
educating yourself and sharing what you can
and if you are truly suited to the Rastafari way of life
Ones will come into your life to forward that
and you will realise who you are and the Majesty inherent in that
Blessed Love and Grace unfolds
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 04:54:42 PM »

i cant add to that.. well said, Sis!
Do not be decieved:God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Galatians 5:13:7

There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins.
Ecclesiastes 7:5:20

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 06:56:39 AM »

Give thanks Sis!
although truly, I am not really qualified to define RastafarI livity n faith
being a simple gal and one with major biochemical issues
still I do have an inection with The One Who's name defines a cultural trend of Global proportions
or is it just examining whats happened, is happening and preparing for what is going to happen?
still I n I have many many more questions than answers and I hope it stays that way
the questions may change but the questioning doesn't
no one can define reality far another truly
so I don't have that right
however, being ones whos strayed to the wilder side of reality
I trust that ones natural talent for finding their own "truth" n meaning will prevail
as some of us who have been "crazy" lived to come back and tell the tale of a reality much bigger and decidedly stranger, more thrilling and epic than fiction
"He" gave me the stability and guidance to face life and find balance in a bipolar personal universe
so all praise and glory to the One who guided i n I out of fear and into love
Hope the I is feeling good to Jo
did the hempseed oil work?
I have found out more great physical benefits and hopefulness around the use of the Hemp oil and Hemp seed oil
talk soon I hope
love yah
I sis Nyah
www.earthreggae.com

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 12:46:47 AM »

bless up sis,
we found it really difficult to source the oil.. and in truth i forgot about hemp seed oil in the effort to source the hash oil.. in the end Asha just gave me it straight from the tree to make tea with, and of course i still burn daily, which helps the pain. i had a major surgery on Dec 4 and it took nearly 3 months to recover but they still didnt get it all, or halt the speed of the diseases destruction ( and it meant i lost most of my sphincter) so i have another surgery may 7th. but the pain aint so bad at the moment...  now that i've  cut all fruit and veg out of my diet till i can find out which ones are low enough in fibre for me to handle. was going to ask you about that one cos if anyone knows its you..
how are you doing? got your diagnosis then? do you feel better now you know for sure?
luv ya too sis xx

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 05:11:24 AM »

Blessed Love Sistah Jo,
to answer yah ?'s no and no
sorry I'll ask around for yah about the most fibre less fruit n veg, I couldn't rightly seh, wouldn't wanna give yah info that may cause suffering
and no, hopefully diagnosis on wed when I go see a psych for the first time, I'm nervous as hell about it, I already know that that's what Ive got but others want professional confirmation, I have an innate distrust of psychiatrists, althou having read some of Carl Jung and Lester Grinspoon must Iclude that some do know what they are talking about.....
His Majesty comforts me, did yah know He would pay for and visit in Hospital sick people he cam across? and I have seen footage of Him attending surgery......so I know He blessed modern methods of healing...
I want to have it documented the benefits and alleviation of symptoms Cannabis has had far I
it truly has given me a life worth living
evidence of the Grace of the Most High
Praise Jah
love and Raspect always
your I-Sis Nyah
www.earthreggae.com

Redge

• Bless'ed love all Jah Children
  • Regular User
  • In jah we trust
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 10:47:03 AM »

I am white but i don't class anybody on there color,
so i believe in equality and unity,
and through this judgment
i believe that any body can entitle themselves
into the Rastafarian faith
but i also believe you have to live your life in
the way of the rasta faith.

but i also have a question,
rastafarian faith dictates i should
eat organic produce,

does this mean i cannot eat foods that arent organic
or can i have both?

Jah Bless
one love

"a man with no past is a tree with no roots if you dont know where you came from where do you go?"

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 12:17:49 AM »

Bless up Redge,

not everyone can entitle them self to the name Ras, it is a rough, painful journey you choose and the title must be earned. you cannot wake one morning and decide that is what you will be. you have to be called. that said, creed or colour shouldnt make any difference, though do not make the mistake of shoving to the back of your mind that Rastafari was in its essence a call for the uplifting of the African people.. this has since evolved to include all peoples regardless of origin. many white people try to smooth over that in order to tailor-make the faith to their own design as they are uncomfortable with what the Europeans did to Africa, or think that black equality is black supremacy. not the same.

Rastafari dictates NOTHING.. that is why it is so different from every other religion or faith. it only asks that you respect Jah creation and live accordingly. how you take that request is up to you.. but yes, most Ras try to eat as naturally as they can, though in western society it isnt always possible. do what you are comfortable with and dont beat yourself up. none of us are perfect, only Jah!
Queen J x

Redge

• Bless'ed love all Jah Children
  • Regular User
  • In jah we trust
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 11:26:07 AM »

thankyou

queen j

jah bless

Hail Selassie I
"a man with no past is a tree with no roots if you dont know where you came from where do you go?"

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 22 queries.