Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Bad thing?  (Read 1290 times)

Jayanno

• Full User
  • We free our people with music
Bad thing?
« on: March 15, 2009, 01:49:10 PM »

The other week me and my friends went to Amsterdam, when we were there we were at our hotel room and there was no rizzla, but there was an old bible, so we used a page of that to roll it up.

However we didn't do this to abuse the bible it was simply for paper, and I respect the bible. I just cant help feeling guilty, even though i didn't do it to be anti-anything, I'm quite religious.

Thoughts?
Jah sit on mount Zion and rules all creation.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
Re: Bad thing?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 12:25:42 PM »

Why are you stressing, about using the a page out a bible to make a spliff?

You state you didn't do it because you are anti anything. So what is the issue, it's hardly as if its the the personal word of god, is it?

Free your mind, Who knows, maybe the act of burning the paper maybe the first step to enlightenment!

But to put it on another (lower) level; Within a world of Murder, Starvation, Rape, Poverty and all the other isms that makes the system
tick, I hardly think that your action represents the most heinous of crimes that are worthy of eternal damnation, do you??

Know your self!!

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 05:16:56 PM »

"I just cant help feeling guilty"

If you truly believe in the bible as the word of god then yes, your going to hell so be prepared, anything you do here after means nothing because the deed is done and the judgment set for you. Remember, people were stoned to death on Gods orders for picking up sticks on the sabbath, why should you be any different ???

Or maybe your a moderate religious person who says "well it's ok, God wont harm me because I did not mean any harm" if this is the case then who's word is above who's...are you righteous enough to go above Gods head and claim your worthy to be saved? he has spoken his word and it is final.

Or you can say "Thank God we had that bible in the room because that spliff was nice" and enjoy the natural herb you got instead of having fear over some harmful ink on some pages.

You can free your mind quickly by using your Intelligence or downstroy yourself due to fear of the unknown, your choice.

p.s.: you were in Amsterdam, the capital of weed and tons of rolling papers, if you really cared about it you could have stepped outside and purchased or asked for a rizzla, somehow i dont think it was that important to you.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 06:13:31 PM »

Re Human's last point re stepping out for Rizla, a true sound dat!

However, his response opens up a question - which I posed in another topic, but seems relevant to the reasoning still

Can a man who don't praise god do good work! Is a person who (professes to) praise god every day, but does constantly undertake heinous works  better than a person who doesn't praise god but carries out good works every day!!

What do you think Human?

Jayanno

• Full User
  • We free our people with music
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 06:52:45 PM »

I mean ripping the bible out is bad yes, but if you asked for forgiveness afterwards then why shouldn't it be granted? I mean Catholics go to confession, if a Catholic rolled a bible joint smoked it, felt bad and then went to confession he would be forgiven, why not anyone else?

I just picture sitting in hell's waiting room... Hitler's next to you....

"So what are you in for?"
"Remember the Holocaust? Yeah, that was me. You?"
"I ripped a page out of a bible."
"OH SNAP!"

It wasn't going against the bible at all, if it was a direct attack on religion and anti-God feelings then yeah fair enough, but it was an old book. And are you not supposed to burn old prayer books anyway?
Jah sit on mount Zion and rules all creation.

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 11:42:53 PM »

"What do you think Human?"

Name me one thing a believer in faith can do that a non-believer can't do.

Just so theres no confusion or ones try to make of it more than the question is, im talking about good deeds, good works, things unto your fellow man/woman.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 12:14:14 PM »

I read your latest response. After reading it I just want to say this to you; wake up!
The Hitler and the holocaust analogy is just an pristine example of what I mean! Indeed Catholics going to confession is yet a better one. when a catholic goes and confess, then if you believe he is confessing to god, then you really are brainwashed - please note I am not chanting de I personally, just pointing out the truth!

Get over it. Burning a bible page (massed produced, full of inaccuracies and nonsense) isn't the most serious sin one can do!

My advice is to seek yourself, find yourself, and know yourself.

Ps If you are still worried; then in future make sure you have rizla. But seriously if it still a mad you, then why don't you buy a new one and replace it next time you are there, or post it to them   

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.