Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: is bobo ashanti racist  (Read 1849 times)

wademanini

• Normal User
is bobo ashanti racist
« on: March 23, 2009, 11:51:17 PM »

i have heard that bobo ashanti believes that repatriation and salvation is only for blacks is this true, (sorry if this is offensive or ignorant)

peace

Humble_yet_strong

• Full User
  • RasTaFarI is the Almighty, Celestial Powers
Re: is bobo ashanti racist
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 07:00:29 AM »

Greetings

How about doing some research instead of just firing off questions, all your posts I have read you need not to be asking on here, and asking yourself first.

Go and meditate

JAHGuidance
I an I are in Revelation time, prepare the youth.

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 02:10:11 PM »

ah but remember Humble when you were new and doing the same?..it wasnt that many years ago!

the forum can be difficult to navigate if you are not familiar with it. the youth may not know where to start.

dont let experience make you ignorant or impatient..it does not make for a good Ras.
bless up
Queen J
Do not be decieved:God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Galatians 5:13:7

There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins.
Ecclesiastes 7:5:20

Humble_yet_strong

• Full User
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 07:56:56 AM »

Greetings

Blessings, I do recall being a seed trying to take root, this site provided many fruitful reasonings here and elsewhere.  Many Blessed links I have made through this site, and many teachers have helped show the way.

I do not forget this nor am I being ignorant or impatient, my intentions are merley to show the Youth that it must come from the self, the search button on the site is EASY to navigate, just type and press enter and all relevant posts and information is at the fingertips.

Too many want others answers and are not prepared to trod there own path in search for the them.

"The youth may not know where to start"  Let us not speculate on things, logically one would ask another if he/she is lost for assistance. 

I am not trying to put a Fiyah on anyone looking to learn, or grow.

"dont let experience make you ignorant or impatient" 
Thank you Queen, I apprecilove the wise words, but I assure you nothing could be further from the truth

"it does not make for a good Ras"
I like to think beyond Ras TafarI and titles, wether one is a shaman, a Yogi, A Krsna Devotee it doesnt matter, all are on a different path up to the same summit.  To identify with oneself is through ego, and the ego clings to its indentity.  Transcendance of the self only happens through sacrificing attachment and outcome of anything.  I.e "being Ras"

Lets not worry bout being a good Ras, as there is no such thing as a bad Ras.

Let us just be good people

In Selassie I name

JAH Ras TafarI

Roots

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 12:24:45 AM »

blessings humble,
 i remember when i was new here. even though i have been trodding a long time, the thought of reasoning for the first time and leaving myself open to criticism or ridicule filled me with dread. fortunately i had a positive reaction, and that is why you still see me here today, but had i been completely new i dont think i would have been able to say i did not know where to start. fear is not conducive to logicallity. i agree that some do not wish to learn off their own back, but as you rightly said, we must be careful not to speculate.
my gut instinct when i read your response was that i sensed impatience, and if that were me i would have felt embarrassed that it was directed at me and it might have frightened me off altogether. you know me well enough to know that if i sense an injustice i have to address it, whether it was intended or otherwise. maybe you could have been a little gentler in your phrasing is all I'm saying, as i found it rather abrupt.

i disagree that there is no such thing as a bad Ras. i have been trodding some 25 years,long enough to know that, surrounded by men who beat their wives, neglect their children and spew hatred at their fellow man then call Jah name with their bredren. you could argue that this means the person is a bad man, not a bad Ras, but when one identifies with that and allows others to identify them with Rastafari and all that it encompasses, then acts in a way contrary to the ideals Rastafari is dealing with, they are in my eyes indeed a bad example of Rastafari,and one i would never wish to identify or to be considered similar as, and no clever reasoning will ever change that.

as people we all have ego's, a sense of self even if we choose to think otherwise. that does not mean that we have a sense of self importance.the two are quite different. i have no problem with identifying myself as Ras, as that is what i am , what i have been since i took my first breath, what i will always be and something i am proud of. there is no shame in loving Jah the way he has shown me i must, or in using a title to explain the path that i have travelled upon to those who do not walk the same road.. to do that, i must identify with my faith, and my faith is Ras.i do not see it as a  flaw,something to be ashamed of, or a hinder to enlightenment. to me, Jah IS enlightenment. i have no wish to be anything other than that, even if it seems short sighted to you.
 that is my truth.. you have the right to see your truth in another way, but my truth is this. i am Rastafari, this is a fact as true as 2+2=4 or that the grass looks green. what you like to think has no bearing on that truth,even tho i raspect your opinion, just as my truth has no bearing on yours. we are all free to see things the way we see them. that is the beauty of individuality.

that said, i still have nuff love for you, bredren. just offering a different point of view.

have a blessed day
Queen J x
Do not be decieved:God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Galatians 5:13:7

There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins.
Ecclesiastes 7:5:20

Humble_yet_strong

• Full User
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 08:42:50 AM »

Blessings

Good response, and a blessed reasoning.

Much Love to you Queen

Selassie I Guide and Itect

Humble

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 21 queries.