Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Rasta Beginnings  (Read 1970 times)

prophet777

• Senior User
Rasta Beginnings
« on: April 01, 2009, 09:33:18 PM »

From what I know is that I and I grew/existed before Selassie I "existence" (not in the way most would take it). Not no diss-ras-pect.

This all began (Rasta) by the "black moors" - children of the hills. Maybe even before that. Long before HIM. Rasta was "created" by "counter slavery/humanity" ("black" humanity). Before HIM I and I were Garveynites, Malcolmnites, etc.,etc.,. Now them try fe call I racist for fighting against it (modern slavery/modern hate). LOL.

Would like to hear your opinions on that.

P7
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 03:01:30 PM by Rasta Nick »
ME NAH COM' FE BOW - ME COM' FE CONQUER !!

surfmon_I

Re: Rasta Beginnings
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 10:26:44 PM »

Ises,
  Iman have made the same mistake typing fast, I am sure the title was meant to read, RASTA, maybe Nick could fix that.

From the beginning, all life created begins to Grow.  It is part of Nature and all things can be traced back to the root.  Aside from the Irigination of the movement with its founders, as a reaction to times and the Landless people, It can be seen to date farther back then His Imperial Majesty because of the desire for Ones separated from their Natural environment (against their will) and taken to a foreign land. 

There are many levels to how we may begin to look at what is rasta.  We may look at what has formed since its Inception, how ones Identify with the Global movement as we begin to define what measures must be taken to return back to a Natural state and Order.  Repatriation,Reperation, ReCognition and ReOrginization.  ReDistribution of National wealth which is Natural economy drivers to integrate and aid one another in times of need.  All these require a new mentality that allows for the beauty of the natural patrs which make us whole. 

Looking back, Before Selassie I,  to a time where ones may note that it was kill or be killed.  Is this the way it has always been?, in Nature, is there constantly Violence and Seperation?, or is there a system that ties all things together?.  Some find the rule in holy books while others still look withIn themselves and therefore seek JAH of which we are a part of as surely as the things that surround us.  There is a Balance to life that is the root of Rastafari, it is the same vibration where things happen as doors open as others close.  It is the Growth of Life.  WE are growing as Humans and in so many ways the answer is to be found in the Echo of our Impact in our Natural and Iritual world.  It is One World, and we are One People. 

This is where ones may disagree because they say there is seperation,  but the subtleties are not seperations rather Accentuations.  The diversity is a reflection of JAH Glory, and when we are able to see this we will have passed the threshold we are now standin upon.  Rasta has never been far from this truth as it is seen in the very realization that we are children of the Most I.  So many wonders that Unite us and shall propel us forward.

Rasta in Croation (Yugoslavian) means "growing"

Give Thanks Prophet for starting us thinking and growing once again, Together.

Jah!,Rastafari.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 03:01:47 PM by Rasta Nick »

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 09:59:00 AM »

It is not racist to be protective of your birthright
to be wary of a culture that has hurt, exploited and destroyed to much and so many
to question external "authorities" what gives them the right?????????
to educate and be educated to undermine the shackles that erode rights and Jah-given freedom of choise
to be a "de-colonizer" in a world gone mad with white suspremadecay
BUT colour coded thinking is NOT what I believe His Majesty was about
it goes deeper than skin
it is cultural and nurturing to those that need that
and NO ONE has the right to deny ones that, no matter who they are, in I Book
BUT the darkest coloured people, the most downpressed ones are the ones whose stories need telling and whose wisdom we, of the diminant culture, the lost, spiritually impoverished melinin deficient...we need to shut up and listen
sem as in Semite means black and black in that context  means wise
I honour I primordial dark Goddess, Black Madonna, as the mother of Creation
embodied in Isis, Kali,kundalini Nyabinghi, Magdalene,Shekinah -the comforter-Hol-I Spirit, Empress Menin I etc, Nature.....in all Her Glory
and I honour the father of all Creation - Shiva,embodied in the Father Principle as His Imperial Majesty, Power of the Trinity, Yeshua,Horus,the Iriginal Buddha, and all Buddhic embodiments, the saints and Yogis, Mystics of all ages...My Kingman Radic, My Rasta bredren and all righteous bredren
That is I Isonal Spiritual trod and I don't care if people think of I as Rasta, Kindred, "hippy", Crazy whatever....I am I
and every I has the right to be themselves, in I sight
Big up Black iriginals and every downpressed one, "and the first shall be last and the last shall be first"
Black is Iriginal and in ancient times ivery I was aware of this
the powah base of the colonialists are as userpers and will be toppled
them cant rule Jah planet, and I is them and I need to learn to be humble and listen and learn
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 03:02:07 PM by Rasta Nick »
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 12:07:41 PM »

"we, of the diminant culture, the lost, spiritually impoverished melinin deficient...we need to shut up and listen"

Thanks but no thanks, im perfectly capable of understanding past History and present situations and have no problem educating myself as to how to act and walk through life with compassion, love, and respect for ALL humanity, I dont adhere to "Original Humanity" concepts and theories nor do I accept "Chosen Ones" propaganda stories. I also listen to Hailie Selassie's words to understand WHO Rasta is and not "What" others are always trying to "dictate" . Black, white, yellow and any other skin color type of talk is all illusions for those trapped in the "divide and seperate" mentality. Did terrible atrocities happen in the past to certain races...yes, do they continue to happen on different levels...yes, does pointing the finger at certain races due to there color help solve anything...no, does blaiming certain races for the past actions of others solve anything and clear the air of racism...no. Why...becasue it is a mentality that says "Im better than you", "Im chosen by God over you", "Your blood is weaker than my blood" etc, etc, and when ones realize this mentality is NOT racist and can be used and has been used and continues to be used by ALL colors then we as humanity can eradicate such mentalities through love, acceptance, respect, compassion and most of all the throught the bigger picture that we are "HUMANS" and that is our collective "RACE". All this "Africa is the original Land" and "Black was the original color of humanity" and this and that is simply helping to continue what some say they are fighting against, there is not a one of you who has the authority to say "Africa was the birthplace of humanity" or "Black is the original color" just the same as any white person saying "Whites are superior to blacks" or "White pigment is a sign of higher intellect", none of you were around in the ancient past (on this level im talking) and history is always changing due to new discoveries so to say Africa is our birthplace is to place a period on something that we should always have a question mark.

It is as you say Nya good to be protective of your birthright and love your people and there achievements, but, dangerous to go further on by not seeing the same in all others regardless of color. I and I know i haved lived many lifetimes on this planet, from chemical beginnings to animal trods to colors of the human world and all the time my spirit has been learning, ready one day to return to the source and share and to think it has only been trodding in the white skin is pure foolishness, I keep this in mind in my ways and this is part of the wisdom I use to love all things and all humans.

This my ways of understandings and I respect your ways...im speaking to each of you...so lets not let this post get out of hand and turn in to something different, i respect Phrophets views on his original post
and have given only my OPINION.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 03:01:07 PM by Rasta Nick »

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 04:21:47 PM »

All this "Africa is the original Land" and "Black was the original color of humanity" and this and that is simply helping to continue what some say they are fighting against, [...] and history is always changing due to new discoveries so to say Africa is our birthplace is to place a period on something that we should always have a question mark.

History is not changing because of discoveries being made. It is what it is. Why would we ignore BLACK ANCIENCY only becaue it would offend some white people? What's up Human? I thought you were kind of knowledgeable in history and what not. Check the time of ancient egypt and the level of science there at  that time people in europe were living in caves. Some people are offended by the truth. Only because it is BLACK. What does it matter? we are all people. Hail the mother of creation.

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 05:20:00 PM »

Bredrin Oskar please let me clarify my opinion  a little better by using your post.

"History is not changing because of discoveries being made. It is what it is"
 what is meant by me saying history is changing is that new discoveries which prove our existing discoveries can and usually do change our understanding of the past, it doesnt change history in the sense i believe you are saying but our outlook it does, if we said homo sapiens are the only form and then we discovered cro-magnum it would change our understanding that we are the only form, seen.

"Why would we ignore BLACK ANCIENCY only becaue it would offend some white people?"
No one said anyone should, as a matter of truth it should be explored, my point is that "some" say there against racism and any form of slavery (mental, physical,etc, etc) and at the same time turn around and say"Oh by the way were the original ones and your not" , if your against racism it is best to stay clear of such remarks and to be more honest it is better to say "I don't know but I believe Africans and Africa are the original but could be wrong". I applaud people respecting and learning of the ancestry no matter the color or race but to say "WE" are the original is subjective, especially when "Written History" talks of times BEFORE Africa even came to the surface as a continent.

"Check the time of ancient Egypt and the level of science there at  that time people in Europe were living in caves."
Yes check the time, lots and lots of incredible knowledge and mathematics and science's and astrological knowledge, but were does this fit in with what i said in my post, and no, Europeans were not living in caves at that time, they to had incredible sciences and knowledge.

"Some people are offended by the truth. Only because it is BLACK"
It's the truth as you care to see it, and if so then great i respect that, but, dont come to I and tell me that i should believe it as truth, it is not about color is my entire point, it is when it becomes about color is when it looses validity because it is a human truth, Humanity maybe it did come from Africa and maybe Africa is the original content were Humanity was born, but, to say we black people were first, or we white people were first is subjective and usually subjective based on racial identity and not anything else, in this case going back to a time when NO-ONE knows is pushing it in my OPINION.

"What does it matter? we are all people. Hail the mother of creation"

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY BREDRIN

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 06:01:50 PM »

Europeans were not living in caves at that time, they to had incredible sciences and knowledge.

Yeah, stonehenge comes to mind but I can't really see anything to compare.

You can sugarcoat it all you want but I don't buy any of the scapegoating. I'm not selling my belief I'm just stating my opinion same as you human.

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 07:36:31 PM »

I respect that.

BabylonBun

• [▓▓░░▒▒]
  • Normal User
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 09:03:04 PM »

Quote from: Human link=topic=5559. msg74477#msg74477 date=1238700991
I respect that.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░░░░░░▒▓▓▓▒░░░░░░░▒▓▓▒░░▒▓▓▒░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▒▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▓▓░▓▓▒░░░░░░▒▓▓▒░░▒▓▓▒░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▒▓▓▒░░░░░░░░▒▓▓░░░▓▓▒░░░░░▒▓▓▒░░▒▓▓▒░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▒▓▓▒░░░░░░░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░░░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░░░░░░
░░░▒▓▓▒░▒▓▓▒░░░░░░░░▒▓▓░░░▓▓▒░░░░░▒▓▓▒░░▒▓▓▒░░░░░░░
░░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░░░░░░░▒▓▓░░░▓▓▒░░░░░▒▓▓▒░░▒▓▓▒░░░░░░░
Seeking Ras Tafari

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 11:28:24 PM »

Bredren Human....Thanks for the feedforward.....still appricilove the I's stance....yet, far I, this trod is about equalizing what has not been
that includes giving the people who have previously been ignored, exploited and lacking the opportunities, the chance to feel like their views are welcome and valued.....we may not like some of the things others say...but still...a truly democratic space gives a voice to all and RastafarI is a space for Africans primarily...to be given their rightful place in society....
"the first shall be last and the last shall be first"
usurping that position is more evidence of the privileged white mentality
I also feel that women have a strong part to play in addressing the inequalities in society and have a place to do so within RastafarI, particularly black women, as in many cases, they are the ones most repressed in society
"until the philosophy that holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned - WAR
until their are NO LONGER FIRST AND SECOND CLASS CITIZENS   -  WAR
a eurocentric MENtality is not appropriate and I question I right to be here, although my love for His and Her Majesty is not in question....
RASpect to all Iriginals and lovers of truth and justice and Ital livity
I-Sis Nyah Water Lilly RevolutioNeri
a multidimentional, multi cultural-centric individual, trying to find out who she is 
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

Redge

• Bless'ed love all Jah Children
  • Regular User
  • In jah we trust
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 04:27:10 PM »

░░░░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░░░░░░▒▓▓▓▒░░░░░░░▒▓▓▒░░▒▓▓▒░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▒▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▓▓░▓▓▒░░░░░░▒▓▓▒░░▒▓▓▒░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▒▓▓▒░░░░░░░░▒▓▓░░░▓▓▒░░░░░▒▓▓▒░░▒▓▓▒░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▒▓▓▒░░░░░░░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░░░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░░░░░░
░░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░░░░░░░▒▓▓░░░▓▓▒░░░░░▒▓▓▒░░▒▓▓▒░░░░░░░

RASTAFARI
"a man with no past is a tree with no roots if you dont know where you came from where do you go?"

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.