Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: (Dread) Locs  (Read 10381 times)

0ne L0ve

• Regular User
(Dread) Locs
« on: April 12, 2009, 09:08:34 AM »

Whas up Everybody ?  ;D

well imma Newbie over herre ;) And i realy got badly intrested in teh jamaican/african Culture by any means Rastafari. . . .
so i whas considering to get locs soon but den i got stuck wid the question would it be dissrespect full to the jamaican/african people
To have locs as a White Person  :( Im 16 Myself and intrested in African culture's as my Steph Grandfather is from Cabe verde ( Islands on teh west coast of africa ) now back to the locs i actualy want them cuz i realy love the look of it and i wanna show the rasta,s that i support them Cuz to me Race,nationality or anything else doesent matter cuz we all human beings and we all should Unite and make this world a better place for everybody.   ;)

As i be Learning more about the rastafari (religion or lifestyle) ill be waiting for your anwsers and time 2

Stay Safe Take Cyare and. .
Till We Meet Again
Peace.

lm123

• Regular User
Re: (Dread) Locs
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 05:40:04 PM »

it doesnt matter about colour any one can have them

0ne L0ve

• Regular User
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 06:08:07 PM »

I see  ;D
if its aceptable for me to have locs
then i will but i wanted to ask this for sure
cuz i realy got stuck/anoyed with the question can i  ??? ::)

Ras Troy

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 02:36:23 PM »

Greetings Bredren,

InI would like to give the man my overstanding of locs. I am also still a newbie in the way of rastafari. Firstly you need to overstand why you want to wear locs. Locs has a spiritual meaning for all rasta's. Rasta do not wear locs because of how it looks or for how it goes with your dress code or for how you want others to see you. The dreading of locs has a spiritual meaning in that it represents ones vow with the creator, Hallie Selassie. Jah man can read more about the meaning in Numbers 6. Seek da knowledge of Jah from the cradle to the grave. Dreadlocs will grow no need to chase them.

this is only my opinion and the way i overstand.

Blessed
rastafari

0ne L0ve

• Regular User
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 03:09:43 PM »

Greetings Bredren,

InI would like to give the man my overstanding of locs. I am also still a newbie in the way of rastafari. Firstly you need to overstand why you want to wear locs. Locs has a spiritual meaning for all rasta's. Rasta do not wear locs because of how it looks or for how it goes with your dress code or for how you want others to see you. The dreading of locs has a spiritual meaning in that it represents ones vow with the creator, Hallie Selassie. Jah man can read more about the meaning in Numbers 6. Seek da knowledge of Jah from the cradle to the grave. Dreadlocs will grow no need to chase them.

this is only my opinion and the way i overstand.

Blessed

Thx for your positive and informative Reply
but i gues this topic can be deleted for the reason cuz i dont got no religion
ive never been grow up wid 1 and ive never mentioned it and it looks i wont be acepted cuz i dont believe in god either
but that doesent change teh fact that im still behind One love unity and Peace. well i wanted dreads cuz i liked how it looked
its also seen seen by rappers but i wanted it also for a part to support the rastafari movement but as i said cuz i dont believe in god
so i wont be acepted neither ....

George

• Senior User
  • "...fighting against isms and skisms..."
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 03:18:37 PM »

"you don't haffi dread to be rasta!

this is not a dread lock thing, divine conception of the heart!"

dreadys dont mean rasta, and rasta dont mean dreadys

the idea is natty hair idren

one love :)
"A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots" - Marcus Garvey

0ne L0ve

• Regular User
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 04:31:07 PM »

what do you mean with

divine conception of the heart??

George

• Senior User
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 08:21:10 PM »

its a lyric man :P

Don't Haffi Dread - Morgan Heritage

It means to me that your livity and inside being is more important than your exterior and appearence

Thats my opinion, its a song there will be many more :P

what does it mean to you?

Rastpect

One Love
"A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots" - Marcus Garvey

0ne L0ve

• Regular User
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 01:41:11 PM »

i See  ;D

Shaggy Love

• Standard User
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 09:18:52 PM »

You know the problem I have beloved brother is that no one want to help me get dreads! haha!

InI can't figa it out on I's own, cuz around here we have ticks, and because I don't have dreads, they get to me scalp and bite the crud outta I!haha! so I has to wash my hair, and there is a way other than letting it get dirty for it to be dreads, but I don't know it!haha!

anywho, dreads are supa aweet, I agree, and I am white to, but also rasta and dreads are a bond between I and Jah, just like the holy spirt that binds us...

Much love brother,
Shaggy

lm123

• Regular User
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 08:14:17 AM »

u can wash ya when ur growin dreads the only ting u cant do is cut it or comb it

Shaggy Love

• Standard User
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 06:54:20 PM »

oh!

HAHA! I was unsure, cuz InI gave meself dreds by rubbin me hair together, and when I took a shower it came apart the first time, later on I got it done in a hair place.

Much love,
Shaggy

0ne L0ve

• Regular User
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 11:09:27 AM »

oh!

HAHA! I was unsure, cuz InI gave meself dreds by rubbin me hair together, and when I took a shower it came apart the first time, later on I got it done in a hair place.

Much love,
Shaggy

Dude i dident brush ma hair in 2 months i think i just neglected it but it doesent look liek its gone Lock togheter any time soon =S
and i cant find a barber shop neither dat does dreads over herre =(

George

• Senior User
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 11:42:06 AM »

patience is what it takes, the neglect method of getting dreads can take years :)

One Love

:)

0ne L0ve

• Regular User
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2009, 11:45:54 AM »

patience is what it takes, the neglect method of getting dreads can take years :)

One Love

:)

Caramba ive chedked my hair a minute ago n sum parts are knoting togheter but it looks horible
i want some nice looking dreads tho same size n thickness  :(  nobody wants a long and skinny legg and the other 1 msall n thick right ??  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.