Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: (Dread) Locs  (Read 10393 times)

0ne L0ve

• Regular User
Re: (Dread) Locs
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2009, 06:56:17 PM »

One love.. i would NEVER do that.. if you go on my profile, and you look on my posts, you will see that i have always tried to help, and have defended the new members. sometimes i think the way i write, because its quite formal, can be off putting.. but its not intended. i cant help the way i was educated!
it took courage to apologise, and i respect you for that. its not easy to admit when you've made a mistake, especially when you are young and have fire in your belly.

as for the reason why you cant explain why you feel.. there is no reason. if you feel it, you just do. i know you want to throw yourself headfirst into it, we all do when we feel it for the first time, but it does take time and a lot of hard work, and you must be prepared to struggle. babylon doesnt want you to know the truth and will try its hardest to turn you away from it.

well done on the studying. its a good start. go on the rasta school thread, theres lot of info there.. also the library should have some books. arm yourself with a bible, the holy piby, and the kebra negast.. and any books on His Imperial Majesty you can find. Amazon and One drop books both have a good selection.

Jah bless you on your journey.. remember to take it one step at a time!

;D aight but hey i dont believe in god =S as i said in previous posts i neither dont got a religion
i dont kno who made the earth or space or the human but i believe that its nature that made earth or sumething

1 of the reason i dont have a religion is cuz i have always seen hate and racism between race,s and religions
ive been learned and sumething i made out self in life is that no human is better or less then another like sellasie I would say
Until the skin color of a man aint more significant then the eye colors ( correct me if im wronge )  and thats what i think to
when it comes to skin color nationality or what ever i dont care.....About the truth thing you got me lost therre.

And i Reconize Haile Selassie I, The King of Kings, Lord of Lords and Conquering Lion of the tribe of Judah as The Founder/ Leader
Of rastafari ive also tried to found out why he,s So special to rasta,s and what the Ethiopian Emperror Did that made him so special
ive been looking video,s up and researches but i dident quiet found a good Source that could explain me
well i kno he loved House pets but not those cats that we have in our home,s lol

About my apoligie You tried to make me sumething clear and i Understanded you in
a wronge way and toguht you tried to dissrespect me so thats why i attacked back but now i kno you
never tried to do that so dats why i said srry ....AND

you are just a spoilt nasty little boy
Well spoiled Not realy ive learned to work for my things that iwant cuz nothing in life is free
and im way mature that you can imagen in real life trust me

,( in very bad grammar)

My bad for that ive been into hip hop since the Age of 13/14 and im used to talk and type the slange that gets used in rap/hiphop
i neither never went to an evening school to learn english ive realy learned it all myself by Tv and games trying to digg out what the peopel wherre saying on tv widout reading subtitles so you should give me bigg ups for that english is almost liek a second language to me

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2009, 11:08:11 AM »

bless up..
ok, i get what youre saying about religion.. i hate the concept of organized religion, most ras do. but i still believe in God.. faith is a different thing from religion. religion was invented to HIDE the truth.. that we were all made in the same image, all are equally loved in the eyes of the One that created us. religion is there to make us afraid, to enslave, to deny love and joy ,to encourage us to hate another tribe and to kill, to make us part with our hard earned, and to pray to false gods and prophets.. theres not much to like.
can you see the difference in the two? you can still have God, whatever you choose to call him, without all the crap that goes with church. my husband doesnt even read the new testament, as it is too corrupt being written by romans to suit themselves. lots of the original gospels were thrown out, and we were told they were acts of satan.. cos they gave the "wrong" message.. they encouraged us to question, and to love women and other nations and faiths.. things religion doesnt want you to do.. it wants us to follow blindly. this is partly the reason i say truth.. half of it has been hidden. religion is evil. God is Love.

Sellasie is all those things and more.. he is a direct descendant of King Solomon.. the line of David,of which Jesus is also a descendant. many believe that He is Christ reincarnated.. some dont, depends which ras you ask. either way, we all recognise him as a descendant of the son of God, which makes him pretty amazing, even if he wasnt such a remarkable man. thats why he is so special to us. but i have to disagree with Him on the cat thing, personally!

i apologise for calling you spoilt and nasty.. thats the mum in me... if telling kids off was a sport, i'd win medals! i just didnt like what you said about my family. lets leave it there, and start again.

i have to give you credit for learning a second language, even if you didnt get the best example.. perhaps when you get used to us on here, and you start studying in english from books you will find it easier to learn to speak it properly.

Anything else you need help with.. just ask. theres no such thing as a stupid question. if i cant answer it, someone else can.
Do not be decieved:God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Galatians 5:13:7

There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins.
Ecclesiastes 7:5:20

0ne L0ve

• Regular User
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2009, 03:35:58 PM »

bless up..
ok, i get what youre saying about religion.. i hate the concept of organized religion, most ras do. but i still believe in God.. faith is a different thing from religion. religion was invented to HIDE the truth.. that we were all made in the same image, all are equally loved in the eyes of the One that created us. religion is there to make us afraid, to enslave, to deny love and joy ,to encourage us to hate another tribe and to kill, to make us part with our hard earned, and to pray to false gods and prophets.. theres not much to like.
can you see the difference in the two? you can still have God, whatever you choose to call him, without all the crap that goes with church. my husband doesnt even read the new testament, as it is too corrupt being written by romans to suit themselves. lots of the original gospels were thrown out, and we were told they were acts of satan.. cos they gave the "wrong" message.. they encouraged us to question, and to love women and other nations and faiths.. things religion doesnt want you to do.. it wants us to follow blindly. this is partly the reason i say truth.. half of it has been hidden. religion is evil. God is Love.

Sellasie is all those things and more.. he is a direct descendant of King Solomon.. the line of David,of which Jesus is also a descendant. many believe that He is Christ reincarnated.. some dont, depends which ras you ask. either way, we all recognise him as a descendant of the son of God, which makes him pretty amazing, even if he wasnt such a remarkable man. thats why he is so special to us. but i have to disagree with Him on the cat thing, personally!

i apologise for calling you spoilt and nasty.. thats the mum in me... if telling kids off was a sport, i'd win medals! i just didnt like what you said about my family. lets leave it there, and start again.

i have to give you credit for learning a second language, even if you didnt get the best example.. perhaps when you get used to us on here, and you start studying in english from books you will find it easier to learn to speak it properly.

Anything else you need help with.. just ask. theres no such thing as a stupid question. if i cant answer it, someone else can.

Big ups i totally agree with this reply. i am that kinda person that dont wanna follow or believe sumething
that doesent exsist to me i wanna see the reality i Dont believe in god cuz who says he exsists ?? i do believe in Rastafari cuz its a
a lifestyle a movement for peace unity and love and i bbelieve rastafari would make a big change in the future on this world like
bob marley would say

by the way what are sum good enough reasons to have dreads ?? cuz bob marley said you dont have to wear dreads to be rasta
so thats what im stuck widnow ive been goign the naturual way to get dreads for 1 or 2 months now so yeha =/

they also got short dreads in hip hop like in the Hyphy Movement .... They usualy wear dreads grillz they wear vans (shoes) loud bass beats n all that stuff also like t pain got dreads hes a muslimtho i think busta rhymes used to have long dreads but he cutted emoff lil wayne does and i wonder yall think about that i also know a guy in my school hes a rapper and he also got short dreads sumetymes hes from ghana but he aint a rastaat allas i said befo i also wanna have dreads but i dont wanna be a rasta is that allowed 2 or not ?

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2009, 06:09:18 PM »

Bless up,
to be rasta you have to believe in God.. we follow the teachings of Christ through the example of Selassie. rasta is more than just peace and love.. its not church,or a corrupt religion but the basis of it is belief in the God of Jacob and Isaac.. whatever you choose to call him. you cant believe in the divinity of Selassie without first knowing that he is descended from the Son of God..if there were no God, Salassie could not be a relative of His son. of course there isnt any proof.. the very act of faith hinges on lack of proof. faith is the quiet certain voice in the soul that drives you to know something is real and true.. it needs no physical or historic evidence. faith is not based on fact. it is based on a gut feeling, and a surety that He exists.
 just like you cant see the wind.. it doesnt mean it isnt there. we see how the wind pushes objects around, but we do not see the wind itself. faith is like that... we see the love,the patience, the kindness, and the joy that faith in God brings, but we cannot see God himself.

yes, you can have dreads if you dont want to be a rasta..its your hair to do with as you please at the end of the day. many cultures from the Celts, to the Masai, to the Ayurvedic priests in India, the Jewish Rabbi's, and the ancient monks in China,the indigenous Australians all have dread...there are many more, but i cant think of them off hand. for rasta though, lots of us dont like to see dread on a person if they are not checking the principles of rastafari.. and more so the colours. i personally dont mind too much, as long as the person wearing them isnt pretending to be one, then acting in a way that goes against ras, like stealing, cussing, violence, (or..God forbid.. eating bacon!.. that makes me go crazy)! cos we get enough bad press as it is. but if you just like the way they look and are honest about that, i see no problem with it. honesty is the thing that matters. that was all i was saying from the start, lol!

i dont know much about hiphop.. i try to avoid it at all costs. my boys are not allowed to listen to most of it because it encourages degradation of women, greed and violence.. all things we as rasta abhor.i want my young black men to only see good things,not to want to be a G or whatever is causing our kids to kill each other over a zip code. not to say there arent positive messages too.. i just prefer for my boys at an impressionable age to listen to music that feeds the soul and doesnt confuse them. sifting through it all would take forever and make my head hurt!

0ne L0ve

• Regular User
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2009, 06:40:19 PM »

Bless up,
to be rasta you have to believe in God.. we follow the teachings of Christ through the example of Selassie. rasta is more than just peace and love.. its not church,or a corrupt religion but the basis of it is belief in the God of Jacob and Isaac.. whatever you choose to call him. you cant believe in the divinity of Selassie without first knowing that he is descended from the Son of God..if there were no God, Salassie could not be a relative of His son. of course there isnt any proof.. the very act of faith hinges on lack of proof. faith is the quiet certain voice in the soul that drives you to know something is real and true.. it needs no physical or historic evidence. faith is not based on fact. it is based on a gut feeling, and a surety that He exists.
 just like you cant see the wind.. it doesnt mean it isnt there. we see how the wind pushes objects around, but we do not see the wind itself. faith is like that... we see the love,the patience, the kindness, and the joy that faith in God brings, but we cannot see God himself.

yes, you can have dreads if you dont want to be a rasta..its your hair to do with as you please at the end of the day. many cultures from the Celts, to the Masai, to the Ayurvedic priests in India, the Jewish Rabbi's, and the ancient monks in China,the indigenous Australians all have dread...there are many more, but i cant think of them off hand. for rasta though, lots of us dont like to see dread on a person if they are not checking the principles of rastafari.. and more so the colours. i personally dont mind too much, as long as the person wearing them isnt pretending to be one, then acting in a way that goes against ras, like stealing, cussing, violence, (or..God forbid.. eating bacon!.. that makes me go crazy)! cos we get enough bad press as it is. but if you just like the way they look and are honest about that, i see no problem with it. honesty is the thing that matters. that was all i was saying from the start, lol!

i dont know much about hiphop.. i try to avoid it at all costs. my boys are not allowed to listen to most of it because it encourages degradation of women, greed and violence.. all things we as rasta abhor.i want my young black men to only see good things,not to want to be a G or whatever is causing our kids to kill each other over a zip code. not to say there arent positive messages too.. i just prefer for my boys at an impressionable age to listen to music that feeds the soul and doesnt confuse them. sifting through it all would take forever and make my head hurt!

well il be straight with you hiphop/rap has always been understood in a wronge way rap/hiphop has been created by the african american people in the ghetto,s off america to explain the world how they live each day how they have to survive in those streets
like Bloods and crips they used to kill each other back in the 70,s 80,s 90,s over a color but Stanley ''tookie'' wiliams RIP he whas 1 of the starters of Crips CRIP = Community Revolution in progress that got Deathrow in 2005 by arnold scharzenegger that Bitch ass muthafucker ( srry for my cursing ) Tookie got Life long prison and in that time he wrote books for kids about gangs and how dangerous it is Watch the move THE REDEMPTION by jammie foxx he plays tookie in that movie he made those 2 gangs realise only their race wherre suffering under it he also dident curse no more th elast years he lived he always prayed and tried to avoid that children go in gangs he wanted them to go to school and have a future and when i saw that movie the redemtion imma admit i whas crying forrealMaybe he whas a cold blooded O.G but i kno deep inside he whas a good person me i also listen to old school Gangsta rap i aloso wear hip hop clothes but im not that stupid to do these things those gangs used to do i Represent crips and  i wear blue bandana,s but i dont Gang bang Cuz i dont want to screwmy future those People that gang bang in america got no choise most of those kids back in the 80,s 90,s dident reach the age of 16 because of the violence....Old school Rap from the east and west side of america is the truth hwo those people suffer imnot shocked of that or what ever

Im white myself i dont know alot bout the ghettos in america but if yourborn in a ghetto like Los angeles or New york and you wanna stay alive then the only chance of surviving is dealing drugz or joining a gang thats how it is.....

well im not tryin to be dissrespectfull to your family but then your kids probly dont have a tv or a game console cuz games are violent 2 and things they show on tv are violent 2 sumetymes taths the funny thing ive seen alot of hate and fighting in my life i listen to gangsta rap and i play violent games why dont i do thesse thingz ???
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 06:52:07 PM by 0ne L0ve »

Ash-Tree

• Veteran User
  • E.M.HTP
    • Ayahuasca Art
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2009, 11:52:29 AM »

I think if your avoiding hip hop your missing a very large piece to the puzzle,
Hip Hop is something very Deep, Real and inteligent, you probably havent heard any real hip hop yet,
have a listen to some of the following,
Remember to Learn is to Listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP1exQ8tcUc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBQDWsBewSs&feature=PlayList&p=8000D6682A6D89E0&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=19

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjp8yuEBjxs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r0KpWMNxnM

The artists are Jeru da damaja, immortal technique, jedi mind tricks. a good start.

Ash-T
www.Amazonian-art.com Ayahuasca Shamanic Dream art for sale. Paint your Dream or Vision Custom for you, Original Art

George

• Senior User
  • "...fighting against isms and skisms..."
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2009, 03:16:36 PM »

I think if your avoiding hip hop your missing a very large piece to the puzzle,
Hip Hop is something very Deep, Real and inteligent, you probably havent heard any real hip hop yet,
have a listen to some of the following,
Remember to Learn is to Listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP1exQ8tcUc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBQDWsBewSs&feature=PlayList&p=8000D6682A6D89E0&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=19

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjp8yuEBjxs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r0KpWMNxnM

The artists are Jeru da damaja, immortal technique, jedi mind tricks. a good start.

Ash-T

Agreed,

Some rap is pretty concious

Alot of Immortal techniques stuff is very paranoid :P

anyway I'm getting a little of topic

One Love

Peace
"A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots" - Marcus Garvey

0ne L0ve

• Regular User
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2009, 03:56:15 PM »

I know Immortal Technique =O
but im more into that odl school west coast gangsta rap
and i also listen to a coupel off old school rappers like B.I.G notorious, Nas , Mobb deep

talking about hip hop hip hop thesse days is bullsh*t talking bout cars money etc....

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2009, 07:59:29 PM »

lol perhaps its my age then.. it just gives me a headache when i try to listen to it.. i have trouble deciphering it cos it just sounds like shouting to me.. i cant stand more than about 10 seconds of it! give me a nice gentle bit of jah cure anyday! when i was in my teens i went to an NWA gig.. it was amazing.. i used to like RunDMC too, grandmaster flash...tone loc, icecube and ice T etc...you have to remember this was the 80's, and my poor ears hadnt been constantly battered to bits by the sound of boys screaming for 20 years solid at that time!
i remember reading "the cross and the switchblade" at around the same time, and being into the whole hip hop thing then..it just seems like a lot of it has lost its way.. it was more about social change then, and not a pair of hotpants in sight!

yeah my kids have a playstation, and the little one has a v smile.. they play sports games and stuff  like monkeyball, but not keen on the fighting its true, but occasionally they will go online and play games with comedy violence in them, or doctor who games which kill aliens. i wouldnt let them play anything that encouraged gangster roleplay or crime tho. i just dont like it, and i think they should be innocent for as long as possible.. we are here a long time and i want them to know as much childlike joy as possible. i let them watch slapstick violence like tom and jerry.. they know it isnt real..and they watch normal films that are age appropriate.. i dont keep them in a rasta bubble, we are a normal family! as they get older and understand more, they will be able to watch a bigger variety of films.

0ne L0ve

• Regular User
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2009, 08:28:58 PM »

lol perhaps its my age then.. it just gives me a headache when i try to listen to it.. i have trouble deciphering it cos it just sounds like shouting to me.. i cant stand more than about 10 seconds of it! give me a nice gentle bit of jah cure anyday! when i was in my teens i went to an NWA gig.. it was amazing.. i used to like RunDMC too, grandmaster flash...tone loc, icecube and ice T etc...you have to remember this was the 80's, and my poor ears hadnt been constantly battered to bits by the sound of boys screaming for 20 years solid at that time!
i remember reading "the cross and the switchblade" at around the same time, and being into the whole hip hop thing then..it just seems like a lot of it has lost its way.. it was more about social change then, and not a pair of hotpants in sight!

yeah my kids have a playstation, and the little one has a v smile.. they play sports games and stuff  like monkeyball, but not keen on the fighting its true, but occasionally they will go online and play games with comedy violence in them, or doctor who games which kill aliens. i wouldnt let them play anything that encouraged gangster roleplay or crime tho. i just dont like it, and i think they should be innocent for as long as possible.. we are here a long time and i want them to know as much childlike joy as possible. i let them watch slapstick violence like tom and jerry.. they know it isnt real..and they watch normal films that are age appropriate.. i dont keep them in a rasta bubble, we are a normal family! as they get older and understand more, they will be able to watch a bigger variety of films.

Damn im realy suprised you talking bout those rappers from the 80,s =O you made me read the other half of the reply with my mouth open r0fl you so lucky yyou could see Eazy e Live imborn in 92 =/ jus when i reach the age of 4 Tupac and biggie whas shot Eazy e died of aids in 96 so yeah  :( and those rappers you named are a  couple of them that i listne to.... no more modern hip hop or rap to me it doesent make sence liek it used to back in the 80,s 90,s i do wear blue rags and wear hip hop clothes with them old Loc shades like ice T used to wear and Eazy e ;D

You made me laugh about the tom and jerry part lmfao my mother dont care whaat i do tho she says its my life
but i can make a diffrence between games and movies with reality i listen to Gangsta rap and play violent games but that doesent mean i have to do it 2 its rare to see parents like you that follow thesse kinda rules or what ever you call em that let children play and watch movies on Age only....

Liek i hate muslims i realy do beside African muslims ( the dark skinned once,s to be specific) the reason why i hate them cuz
those people make alot of children to get alot of child support money buth they dont fukin care about thesse kids they just throw em on the streets n brainwash em with their religion and what happens ?? they dont get mature in a mental way all they do is Crime thingz and racism against other race,s ( trust me i see it each day ) liek today i saw a white boy from my class taking a coke out hes hoody what happend ?? a morrocan kid of my class gave him a pucnh in hes face toke hes coke totally finished it and shared wid sum other people and throw the empty bottle to me is that any respect ??? and they all are the same like that no matter if youwhite or black if your not a muslims or from their race/nationality ( northren africans) then they will beat you up for no reasons just muslims to me are hypocrite,s if they want a holy war against non muslims go ahead i hope they will get killed 1 by 1 slaughter them like germans did to jews and see what jews suffered instead of hating them

Black muslims ?? that i mentioned earlyer cant complain about them they live by their religion they respect others their decissions and skin color those are the true muslims to me...... ive known 2 ethiopian brothers and a little sister and their father 2 hes a nice person
and they wherre realy great people for real too bad i dont see them alot no more i see their father sometimes but he doesent reconize me no more i think blame the goatee and moustache l0l liek i said in other posts aslong muslims will exsist the false ones with what i mean North africans therre will be no peace on this world ....if i dident know any better i would have fucked up this morrocan dude that threw the bottle to me for real but i just ignore it im not gonna lower myself on those peoples level im realy not

Ive always liekd Black people the most i dont know why i also said this on school i rather be black then white
and sumeone anwsered me you gotta be happy bout the person who you are i said your wronge i dont have to be happy boutwho i am im ashamed bout being a white cuz off the history

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2009, 07:17:46 AM »

Blessed Love
U no OneLove I really RASpect and Identify with your Ispective...and think your closer to Ras than u think
even tho you come across as a bit of a rudeboy
there is dreadlock shampoo  available online that apparently takes all residues out of the hair and helps it lock together
My first two head a locks were really matty and pretty grotty (lived in a bus, in a car park and mostly washed in the ocean and creeks ) I ended up cutting them, this was before I real eyezed that I am a Lover of RastafarI tru and tru, now I will suffer the sore neck (when they get really long and heavy) and the endless maintenance (we have plenty hardy lice ova here, I have to soak my hair in a bucket of hot salty water regularly, dowse with oils, stand under hot hot water and pick out by hand bugs, so I relate about the ticks, we get ticks too....I wish I could just cover but I can't seem to be able to bring Iself to do it much....
I dreaded with a jar of spilt honey and wax, coz I wanted to have a say in how they would form this time and I figured I am part of nature so I can have asay in how I hair will be formed for the rest of I life...and I am sooooo happy with I locks......and I think that is important...I unpick the ends and let them be wispy and not clumpy and they suit me, I pick out fluff when it appears and have had to lose length due to too much fluff build up so at some stage I would like to try the dread shampoo, although the tea tree, mint, eucalypt and aloe shampoo I am using at present is lovely and seems to help keep the bity critters at bay too
as for the religion part I think the I is in a positive space, at present the I is probably more on the side of agnostic (admitting one doesn't know if there is a God) than Rasta, which is a good starting place, it is positive in the sense that you aren't taking anyone elses word for it and that leaves you open to experiencing Spirituality for yourself
Rasta is Natural Mystic more than orgainized religion (IMO) and in that sense is a truly individual journey into Truth, love and awareness
Herb is a thing that opens us up to more of ourselves and the peace and love that lies within
and Gangsta Rap, although is t is clearly coming from people damaged by Babylon, it is springing from JA music too and African expression, music, riddim and upliftment, instead of more hate and destruction rappers inspire and express (the good ones, who are motivated to change the status quo and not just ego stroking and capitalism)
I prefer Rasta Rap and thats not in big supPly although  fav artist of mine is Micheal Franti, Lauren Hill and a local guy Lee and all who big up Ital Herb and human rights yes Conscious Music
Dub poetry is more I bag
check I tune gitoffwebaxman on I site
www.earthreggae.com
or check the thread in music here that has a direct link to the tune
Good Luck with tha locks!!!!!! and yah journey
I-Sis Nyah Water Lilly

Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

0ne L0ve

• Regular User
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2009, 11:25:43 AM »

Blessed Love
U no OneLove I really RASpect and Identify with your Ispective...and think your closer to Ras than u think
even tho you come across as a bit of a rudeboy
there is dreadlock shampoo  available online that apparently takes all residues out of the hair and helps it lock together
My first two head a locks were really matty and pretty grotty (lived in a bus, in a car park and mostly washed in the ocean and creeks ) I ended up cutting them, this was before I real eyezed that I am a Lover of RastafarI tru and tru, now I will suffer the sore neck (when they get really long and heavy) and the endless maintenance (we have plenty hardy lice ova here, I have to soak my hair in a bucket of hot salty water regularly, dowse with oils, stand under hot hot water and pick out by hand bugs, so I relate about the ticks, we get ticks too....I wish I could just cover but I can't seem to be able to bring Iself to do it much....
I dreaded with a jar of spilt honey and wax, coz I wanted to have a say in how they would form this time and I figured I am part of nature so I can have asay in how I hair will be formed for the rest of I life...and I am sooooo happy with I locks......and I think that is important...I unpick the ends and let them be wispy and not clumpy and they suit me, I pick out fluff when it appears and have had to lose length due to too much fluff build up so at some stage I would like to try the dread shampoo, although the tea tree, mint, eucalypt and aloe shampoo I am using at present is lovely and seems to help keep the bity critters at bay too
as for the religion part I think the I is in a positive space, at present the I is probably more on the side of agnostic (admitting one doesn't know if there is a God) than Rasta, which is a good starting place, it is positive in the sense that you aren't taking anyone elses word for it and that leaves you open to experiencing Spirituality for yourself
Rasta is Natural Mystic more than orgainized religion (IMO) and in that sense is a truly individual journey into Truth, love and awareness
Herb is a thing that opens us up to more of ourselves and the peace and love that lies within
and Gangsta Rap, although is t is clearly coming from people damaged by Babylon, it is springing from JA music too and African expression, music, riddim and upliftment, instead of more hate and destruction rappers inspire and express (the good ones, who are motivated to change the status quo and not just ego stroking and capitalism)
I prefer Rasta Rap and thats not in big supPly although  fav artist of mine is Micheal Franti, Lauren Hill and a local guy Lee and all who big up Ital Herb and human rights yes Conscious Music
Dub poetry is more I bag
check I tune gitoffwebaxman on I site
www.earthreggae.com
or check the thread in music here that has a direct link to the tune
Good Luck with tha locks!!!!!! and yah journey
I-Sis Nyah Water Lilly

im glad for understanding me alot of people around my age realy dont
understand me they call me stupid but im more way mature then they are
i just wanna learn and find truth in life and make my mother proud so she can says i got a wise smart mature Son
and have succes in life ( rap/hip hop ) music to understand and i also do wood section at school ( furniture etc...)

Bout Gangsta rap .... i realy think about thesse rappers like tupac n biggie  and many more to name..... why they died for
money ? a color ?? ( gangs) jelousy ?? hate ??? just cuz they struggle and try to make the world sumething clear ?? it just makes me so sad  :( even when i whas little i always said i wanted to go to america and help thesse peoples in the ghetto to rebuilt their life and be able to live 1 day without gun shootings and drugz but when i got older i realised its an inpossible thing to do 

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2009, 01:05:56 PM »

lol one love.. surprised you huh?
i bet you have some mental image of me being like a school teacher hitting a cane in her palms lmao..  if so, you're nearly right.. i'm a youth worker! you have to remember tho, half my boys are much younger than you, only 5, 7 and 12....if you include my stepsons too, i have 6 boys. tho the older 3 dont live at home, my 14 year old stepson is with his mum, and my 19 year old stepson and my 20 year old son both live alone now.. but in my home, same rules apply. my husband agrees and supports the way i raise them. i think if more parents allowed their kids to BE kids,to play with toys that dont involve staring at a screen for hours, to run and play and pretend, and taught them manners and respect, and the value of money, like i was taught, there would be less trouble on our streets. too much freedom is counter productive.. our kids need some boundaries to keep them safe, physically and emotionally. when you allow your kids to become adults too soon, you ruin them. (and as i type this, they are all trying to play- bite each other like dogs, and i am screaming at them to stop lol)

gotta disagree an the muslim thing.. i know many muslims who are good honest loving hardworking people.. my brother in law was muslim before he died, and you never met a kinder more loving father brother and uncle. i do understand what youre saying about kids.. but a lot of kids are like that now, regardless of what religion they are raised in..its the whole culture of disraspect thats infected our youth,and the lack of parental care they are given that causes it. it seems its a natural thing for kids to form groups and antagonise each other.
most muslims dont teach their kids to hate other races.. they teach them not to immerse themselves in western society, or as we call it, Babylon. rasta's teach their kids the same thing...if you hate greed, immorality and the godlessness that most people feel, then you want to teach your kids not to follow that path. and it seems like its more north africans youre having a problem with.. but you gotta remember that when you come from wartorn countries, your perspective is gonna be a lot different.. the culture is a world away from ours, and also i think coming into a country that doesnt want you is going to fuel resentment and make you hate the people who treat you like you are less than them.. its always going to be a difficult one, until both sides learn to tolerate each other. when a new community arrives its always hard on everyone...for the people who have to accomodate them, and for the people who have had no choice but to leave their homeland. most refugees are not PERMITTED to work by law, so have to live off the state... but the state and the media don't make that common knowledge cos they WANT you to hate them. and the reason they have many children is because contraception is considered sinful, just like in the catholic church. try not to hold hatred, it wont do you any good, just poison your life.. and sometimes try to imagine how you would feel if that  happened to you and were treated with anger and suspicion everywhere you went. its not right to react like that but for some people, attack becomes a form of defence.. if you show weakness, you get trodden on. its a fact of life. it's wrong.. but unfortunately thats how it is.

i bought that dreadworks shampoo, i thought it was very expensive, and it didnt help tighten my hair any quicker. now i use a teatree and neem shampoo.. kills any lice, and controls dandruff, but its quite drying so it helps tighten the dread. i find washing my hair more often and using a non conditioning shampoo encourages the loose bits to dread.. if you run your thumb and fingers up and down them that helps too.. and if you get a spray bottle and mix some lime juice and sea salt with some pure water and spray your dread, keeping it off the scalp a couple of times a week, that'll help dread it too.. and will encourage the sun to brighten it.. thats what the ancient celts used on their european hair.

0ne L0ve

• Regular User
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2009, 01:37:06 PM »

lol one love.. surprised you huh?
i bet you have some mental image of me being like a school teacher hitting a cane in her palms lmao..  if so, you're nearly right.. i'm a youth worker! you have to remember tho, half my boys are much younger than you, only 5, 7 and 12....if you include my stepsons too, i have 6 boys. tho the older 3 dont live at home, my 14 year old stepson is with his mum, and my 19 year old stepson and my 20 year old son both live alone now.. but in my home, same rules apply. my husband agrees and supports the way i raise them. i think if more parents allowed their kids to BE kids,to play with toys that dont involve staring at a screen for hours, to run and play and pretend, and taught them manners and respect, and the value of money, like i was taught, there would be less trouble on our streets. too much freedom is counter productive.. our kids need some boundaries to keep them safe, physically and emotionally. when you allow your kids to become adults too soon, you ruin them. (and as i type this, they are all trying to play- bite each other like dogs, and i am screaming at them to stop lol)

gotta disagree an the muslim thing.. i know many muslims who are good honest loving hardworking people.. my brother in law was muslim before he died, and you never met a kinder more loving father brother and uncle. i do understand what youre saying about kids.. but a lot of kids are like that now, regardless of what religion they are raised in..its the whole culture of disraspect thats infected our youth,and the lack of parental care they are given that causes it. it seems its a natural thing for kids to form groups and antagonise each other.
most muslims dont teach their kids to hate other races.. they teach them not to immerse themselves in western society, or as we call it, Babylon. rasta's teach their kids the same thing...if you hate greed, immorality and the godlessness that most people feel, then you want to teach your kids not to follow that path. and it seems like its more north africans youre having a problem with.. but you gotta remember that when you come from wartorn countries, your perspective is gonna be a lot different.. the culture is a world away from ours, and also i think coming into a country that doesnt want you is going to fuel resentment and make you hate the people who treat you like you are less than them.. its always going to be a difficult one, until both sides learn to tolerate each other. when a new community arrives its always hard on everyone...for the people who have to accomodate them, and for the people who have had no choice but to leave their homeland. most refugees are not PERMITTED to work by law, so have to live off the state... but the state and the media don't make that common knowledge cos they WANT you to hate them. and the reason they have many children is because contraception is considered sinful, just like in the catholic church. try not to hold hatred, it wont do you any good, just poison your life.. and sometimes try to imagine how you would feel if that  happened to you and were treated with anger and suspicion everywhere you went. its not right to react like that but for some people, attack becomes a form of defence.. if you show weakness, you get trodden on. its a fact of life. it's wrong.. but unfortunately thats how it is.

i bought that dreadworks shampoo, i thought it was very expensive, and it didnt help tighten my hair any quicker. now i use a teatree and neem shampoo.. kills any lice, and controls dandruff, but its quite drying so it helps tighten the dread. i find washing my hair more often and using a non conditioning shampoo encourages the loose bits to dread.. if you run your thumb and fingers up and down them that helps too.. and if you get a spray bottle and mix some lime juice and sea salt with some pure water and spray your dread, keeping it off the scalp a couple of times a week, that'll help dread it too.. and will encourage the sun to brighten it.. thats what the ancient celts used on their european hair.

well you dissagree with me okay im not going into that and the state and media dident made me HATE them or i dont kno what you realy ment with that but I see This bullshit everyday and that created hate in me to them..... i got 2 black peeps in my class 1 from congo and 1 from Guinea hes a muslim  dis guy is realy ....i cant describe him for real and those north africans in my class morrocans call him N*gg** (srry for saying that but im telling you the truth ) and once i got mad and asked nicely to plz have respect for him it doesent mean cuz he got anothe rskin color that hes less then us hes has the same value as me and you den dey all replyed like haha it whas a joke i said i dont joke about racism cuz yall dont show respect to nothing thats muslim or from your country or what ever if you read my reply above you see im talking about them that they always talk about wars against non muslims go ahead let them come ill fight them for MY LIFE for other race,s and nationality,s.... Those that Denie Peace with others (race,s nationality,s etc....) dont deserve my respect

i Cant Explain what kinda person i am you gotta know me personally for many years to discover what kinda person i realy am
som epeople know me foor 2 or 3 years but they still dont kno who i am liek i never fight at school n they calling me a bitch But if you push it too far your playing with your life they got a saying '' Quiet Water Deep grounds'' but taht doesent matter as long religions wil exsist therre wont be no peace

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2009, 02:34:18 PM »

yeah it looks like you got some nasty kids at your school for sure..i'm not surprised you dont like them. you dont have to respect them, i wouldnt. just be careful of what hate does to your own soul is all i mean.. it eats you and scars you. better to let go of it. the best attack i find, is to ignore, and rise above all the rubbish around you. i'm just saying they are a bad example of islam, and of their own people.. its got more to do with who they keep company with than what their parents teach them tho.. i imagine they would be horrified if they really understood how their kids are behaving. any decent parent would be.
 i did understand that its just these kids youre having a problem with.. i'm just saying please try not to let it affect how you see all north africans.. these horrible kids are the minority.youre right in that they have no respect, that is something personal to them and not a reflection of all of the morrocan people. if you went into the homes  of the majority of Moroccans,you would probably find yourself made very welcome, as they have strong ideals of family and respect.. i have eaten with Moroccan friends many times and always been treated like royalty in their homes. and they absolutely spoil my kids rotten! and my mum loves north africa so much that she goes there twice a year!

what i mean about the state and the media is, you see on the news, in the papers and what the politicians are saying about how many people are coming into other countries, bleeding them dry and not contributing.. but you arent getting the whole story. there are laws preventing refugees any rights to work in most european countries, also where they live and what their rights as members of society are. but they dont make the average person aware of that.. they just talk about how the country is suffering at the hands of these people, but they dont tell you that most of them WANT to integrate properly and work and pay tax.they encourage dissatisfaction and resentment because they only tell you how bad these people are. then in the papers every day we are hearing about this foreigner did this, or that.. but they dont tell you that they are burned out of their homes, or spat at in the street or called names every time they leave the house, refused service in shops and sometimes even physically attacked just for being there.

its good you dont fight. your school sounds like a warzone!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 22 queries.