Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: RIP Sistah Vee  (Read 3889 times)

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
RIP Sistah Vee
« on: April 20, 2009, 07:59:07 AM »

For those of you who knew our beautiful Sistah, it is with a great sadness that i bring you the news that our beautiful Sistah has passed away.
Vanessa's husband contacted me early this morning to let me know that Sis Vee has passed away.
She will be buried in Trinidad on Saturday.
If anyone wants to send a message to her family or to her please email me directly at rachl74@live.com as i will continue to be in close contact with her family through out this difficult time and onwards. I ask that you contact me at above address as i cannot guarantee that i will be checking in here.
Sadly Sis Vee's health problems caught up with her. I know that at least she died in the place she loved more than anywhere else which was her home in Guayaguayare with her beloved garden.
I know i will miss her so much and it will take time to not pick up the phone and dial her number for some reasoning and laughs. She was certainly a very strong Wombman who taught many people different things and i am sure that for those of you who had the pleasure (and sometimes the pain) of being able to communicate with her and learn from her that you will all miss her as well.
Sis Vee worked hard to bring justice for those who could not speak for themselves nor save themselves from the situations that they found themselves in. Sadly this work caused her much stress and sadness and also threatened her life and her health on many occassions. At this point in time i am unsure what is to become of her work and whether any of us will be able to continue it. I am too shocked and saddened to think about it at this time.
The one thing i feel very blessed for is that i got to visit her in the place she loved and share many moments of love and kindness.
Sis Vee leaves behind her wonderful husband Bird and her two beautiful sons Jimmy and Josh. I know they will feel the loss greater than any of us can.
Please keep her and her family in your prayers at this time. She will be sadly missed.

paco

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
Re: RIP Sistah Vee
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 02:53:13 AM »

shocked and saddened by this, never met her or spoke to her yet i feel choked up. i admired her love for saving the children. seems like she gave of herself for it. RIP Sistah Vee, Adios mi Hermana
Whoever Brought Me Here, Will Have To Take Me Home - - -Rumi

Molliebaz

• Full User
  • One Love
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 01:54:19 PM »

I too am saddened and shocked to hear of Sistah Vee's passing.   She was a woman full of wisdom, knowledge and understanding.   She was the founder of a "family" that crossed barriers, not just geographical but of age and gender.   She planted seeds that have grown and blossomed into wonderful friendships.  There were some heart rending times " In The House with Sistah Vee"  but there was always laughter in her "house".

My thoughts are with her family at this sad time, and I feel for their loss  What a blessing that she spent time in her most favourite place, in her garden that she described to us all and brought it to life.  She must surely be bound for Zion.

May the spirit of Jah be with those who loved her and may her memory live in their hearts and minds.

Jah Guide and Protect.

One Love,

Molliebaz

surfmon_I

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 11:41:45 PM »

BlessedLove I~dren,
  There are often times we put off for tommorrow what may be done today.  This past Saturday was set for call Vanessa, and as the weather was fine and it was early, I went outside and began working in the forrest.  Before I knew it, it was afternoon and then evening; the time had passed for the monthly call to the Great Sistah.  Seeing now the chance I had missed, and will not get again, I am saddened beyond words.
  How do we deal with a missed chance?  an oppertunity to connect and share our minds.  Life passes so quickly and we are never assured tommorrow, before we know it, our journey speeds up and we begin to look back more than ahead.  it is this way with youth;  bored and complacent, it is said youth is wasted on the young.
  Feeling the pain of getting into the later 40's fast approaching 50, we watch our children grow.  they are so much like ourselves, it is sometimes like looking in a time mirror to our own childhood.  We smile at the struggle and laugh at the joy. 
  All the while, we may ask ourselves, "what is it that I have done with my life?"  and if we have been honest, we may get the answer in the people we have touched along the way.  It comes back to us in the invisible blessing of karma as things and situations form around us as we move through life.
  SistahVee was only 41.  Yet, when we began our relationship, she seemed much older.  Not in years, but in Wisdom.  It is the kind of Knowledge that one seeks with a humble and open mind, and I feel Well Blessed to have gotten to know her.  In a place where there are many that claim this or scorn that, it is the Love of a Mother that has patience and guide their children with LoveFULL intent.  She shall be missed.  The work she headed shall go on, for she now has passed the torch to us.  Many are called, few are chosen; The light that she has added to I life has made the world a brighter place, and we carry her with us now. 
  InI would very much like to have a 12 minute meditation in the chat room this coming weekend.  I will speak with her Kingman and find the time they will be having a ceremony, and will post it.  I am sorry for not having been more engaged and for not making that call last Saturday.  Right now I can her my Nonna's (grandmother) saying before she passed on,~~~" Stevie, dunt put off for tommorrow what you can do today", it also reminds me of another thing she said, " If it's not for laughing, it's for crying."  fine line, really between the two, sometimes...they are the same thing.
  Give Thanks for the assention of a Great Irit.  She lives on in the lives she has touched.  right now, I feel pummeled.

~S~

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 05:43:42 AM »

Thank you Surfmon_I for those beautiful thoughts.
As the week goes on i feel even more unhappy and have a burning desire to be back in Guayaguayare with everyone. Thank you completing the task i asked of you. It meant a lot.
I just keep kicking myself for taking it for granted that she would still be there tomorrow or the next day so i could talk to her. I guess sometimes we put to much emphasis on the daily things that are going on and don't pay mind to those urges which tell us we should be doing something else....
I would like to be part of the vigil. I think i am a day ahead of most in the world but if you can state a date and time (your time) i will try and work out what time to be here.
I am going to do my own thing for Vee on Sunday which will be Saturday there. I am going to find the brightest flowering plant that i can as i know how much she appreciated colour and beauty. I am going to plant this in her memory and use one of the photos that i have of her and i own to build my own memorial.
Last we talked we had talked about them travelling here to visit. It saddens me to know that this will not happen now.
I think it is important that we continue to support the work she started and i would like to have more discussion about this at a later stage.
Much love and blessings to all. We are indeed part of a family and it is a huge loss that one of our family can no longer be with us.

Love_Sponge

• Senior User
  • Rasta Love
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 12:18:17 PM »

Mama Vee,

The wombman who showed me the world and the fiyah within I she brought so much out of me though we were miles away i felt as though she was just down the road from me the way we talked she helped me through so much and even times when i felt i wasnt doing enough for her,she assured me that the little thoughts and the work i was doing was more than enough for her and she truly was like another mother to me,i did miss our conversations when she went home but knew that we would think of each other constantly because family does not forget about each other,and as thankful as i am that i got a chance to spend a lifetime with her i am just as happy that a wombman who has worked so hard and gone through so much may now be at peace with the creator and in a garden just as beautiful as the one she returned to in trinidad,my love goes out once again to her family and to everyone who knew her because you cannont think of her and not smile and admire such love,strength and passion in a wombman,

One Love
we are ONE so why are we so divided??

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 02:18:58 PM »

I give thanks to have been able to reason with my sistren, to have been able to contribute to her children who needed help, to speak with her on many occasions and reason about nice things, sadness i have for her family and for the children who needed her the most, but, joy to know she has earned her place amongst the highest for her duties she bestowed here on this Earth, no doubt she is in good company and looking forward to her new role with love she learned from here on Earth, give thanks to you Sista Vee, you were loved and will be missed, forever forward my sistren, we will keep the fire burning here for you and your works will not be in vain, we will meet again.

Human

surfmon_I

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 01:04:00 PM »

BlessedLove,
  I have spoken with Bredren Bird and he has relayed that there will be a ceremony Friay evening in Trinidad.  SistahVee's sons will be flying in tommorrow morning from Canada and the family will proceed from there regarding arrangements.
  As far as I know, E.S.T (Eastern Standard Time) on the coast of U.S.A is the same as in the Caribean Islands.  It may be looked at as 6:00 P.M (such as the Sabbath begin at sun set)
  I will be on later to see if there are Idren able to participate.

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 06:05:16 AM »

Thank you Surfmon_I.
It is 6pm Friday here in my country now and i think that Trinidad is approximately 16 hours behind us. So i am thinking that 6pm Friday in Trinidad will be around 10am Saturday here. I will log in in the morning and see where things are at. I have spoken with Bird and one of Vee's sons today. The boys were about two hours off leaving for the airport.
Much love to all
Rach

Nepsis

• Full User
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 06:16:29 AM »

Memory Iternal.

Love_Sponge

• Senior User
  • Rasta Love
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 08:20:36 AM »

I would have loved to be there but as it would be hard for me to get a flight out i shall keep track here for times so that i may go into deep prayer and mediatation with others and say a few words for all,thank you so much Queen Wahine and Bredren surfmon_I for keeping us all informed

One Love
we are ONE so why are we so divided??

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 10:36:22 AM »

Blessed love sistah
I am certainly feeling the pain now. Can't give much itention to my family as i am feeling i need to be close to my sistah right now. I just can't believe she gone. Been listening to Misty Morning all day as it reminds me of my time in Trini when it rained so much. Tonight is very iritual for me as we have a storm brewing which means that Jah is mourning the loss and telling me also (so we believe here no matter your faith). The more rain and storm the bigger the person who has gone before us and i can tell you that tonight it is pouring down and tomorrow is supposed to be even worse so for me that means that Jah recognises my loss and the contribution that Sistah Vee gave to the world.
Lord i will miss her so much. It has been so hard to speak with those i met in Trini but i love them all and as far as i am concerned they are me family and always will be. No matter how far apart we are.
To Sis Vee... Well Sistah... I guess that i will never be able to show you the sights of New Zealand even though we had planned it. There is so much i wanted to share with you since you had the decency to share your life with me. I am never going to say good bye to you as i know that i can still talk to you in my prayers, through your family, and beyond. I will do my best to ensure that Bird still has a family here in New Zealand when he needs us and i will contact him on a regular basis as you have taught yet one more lesson in your passing and that is that there may not be a tomorrow. I give thanks for your beautiful irit and know that you will fair well in that land of Zion as the powerful Wombman you are. Watch out everyone Mama Vee is on her way!
Take care Sistah and know that you are loved by many.
Thank you for sharing your deepest darkest moments with me, you have made me a better mother for it. You will always be here for me as far as i am concerned. You are only a prayer away.
Sorry all but i needed to get this off my chest even though it maybe shouldn't be here.
Blessings to you Sis Vee for all you have done for me and others. There is nothing in this world that will ever replace you nor make me forget how wonderful you are. Love you so much.
Rach

Ras Troy

• Standard User
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 12:59:53 PM »

Blessed Love,

InI am sadden by the news of the passing of the Sistren. i am still a newbie in the way of rastafari and even tho I did not know the Sistren on a personal level InI have read some post of the sistren. InI will keep da family in I prayers.

One love.
What Jah has blessed no man can curse...

surfmon_I

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 02:45:12 PM »

GiveThanks.
  It is so nice to see the heartfelt words written by all Bredren and Sistren, I am sure MammaVee is smiling at the gathering.
  As it stands, Iman will be unable to be at the computer at the time of 6:00 pm E.S.T This day for a Iditation/Tribute for our Sistah.  One thing I have taken to practicing is the Sabbath which commences at sundown on Friday eve and runs till sunset the next day.  It is a way of sacrifice and reflection on our bond with JAH and a way to distance the I from the distractions and grip Babylon has on us as we move through this modern world.  Further~more, it is a fast to cleanse the body and Irit.

I shall do it personally at the sea shore, not being able to join in a group practice.

Sistren Wahine, I have been unable to reach the I to return the call this morning.  We are all so close to eachother, it is just that we need to reachout.  It is a pleasure and a Blessing to have a network to forward our efforts.

Let us activate and propell this forum to the Ites we can make it.  Strive to be participants SistahVee would be proud to see furthering the cause of Rastafari the world over and use it as a foundation to build a true and just world starting in our immediate worlds and radiate outward to the other points of light that we each are.  Equal Rights and Justice and most important of all, to Protest the youth that the Great Sistah worked so hard for.

May Almighty JAH have mercy on our souls and grant us the power to Blossom into the beautiful beings we are meant to be.

~*~

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 03:39:46 AM »

It is so hard to put into words the feelings and experiences that Sistah brought I and Her passing brought I
I am still almost too in grief to speak of it
I soul is in pieces and I need time to retrieve them before I have the strength to fully address this
Sistah Vee was the closest to a Saintly individual that I eva had the privilege to know on some level
customary of Iself, I didn't come as close to Her as I would have like in this world
Still I know how much Her Heart n Soul knows I own and how much I wanted to help so much more, but due to I own burdens could do so little
As least I music touched and reached Her a little in Her life
As is customary of this Soul damaged and depleted woman, I distanced Iself from I Spiritual community at times I needed most to be embraced and as a result have lost more Soul LIght and must journey to find Help to become Whole and Be Fully Home
One Day I Know, SIstah and I will meet and embrace and the dreams I had of working with Her will be realized, although it cannot be in this world, I Know I will be with Her in the next
But what of the children?
I still want to help and I pray Spirit will Help I find a way to do that
First to be healed a little more and then to Help, Jah, the Iniverse Willing
I am sooo sad and as usual, feel alone with I sadness
Please Pray with I for the Souls of the Ones who have lost parts of theirs
We have lost so much, yet Spiritually we remain intact and ONe
Let us pray that this Spitual Wholeness becomes our physical experience, here in this body and foreva more
Now I'm gonna go partake some Ital Herb for soothing the aching loss and pain and to celebrate a AWESOME life , full of Courage and Heart-Wisdom and Knowledge
See yah there Sistah and I Iloved Heart family!
I-Sis Nyah I 
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.