Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: natural food  (Read 1407 times)

lm123

• Regular User
natural food
« on: May 18, 2009, 08:38:35 PM »

does any know any plantes that grow in ya garden which u can eat

George

• Senior User
  • "...fighting against isms and skisms..."
Re: natural food
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 09:45:18 PM »

you could grow some vegetables in your garden, then there would be :P

otherwise, I dont know :P

one Love :)

peace!
"A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots" - Marcus Garvey

surfmon_I

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 11:06:27 PM »

Bredren/Sistren 123---really could do better with the site name, dont know what to call ya.
  how about some info?
like what is it that you want to achieve, how much room do yo have, garden or Balcony?where are you living...country/city and how much SUN does the area get?.  we could take it from there and give plenty of suggestions. 
  Time is getting short as the new moon approaches.  Store bought starters will be the call for this year.  How many are you feeding? Will you be storing them after harvest?
  Thats enuff of a start for now with the questions, but am happy to help with what I can.  Growing food in these times is an essential link to something that has largely been left behind with the convienience of fast food and corporate chains.  Soon harvesting your seeds and storing them may also be in jepordy with the introduction of genetically modified seeds which are engineered to not produce seeds!.  The vast variety of types of foods have decreased in the recent future because people have lost touch with the food they eat.
  We have a community garden in our town which has a great occupation by many enthusisats, and it is a very important part of our lives , as we grow a great deal of our own food and store it in the root cellat over the winter.  We live in Vermont in the North east of the USA, and I have spoken with Sistren Natty Threads that lives in Alaska (Rougged country) She is a wealt of information on many things, hopefully she will add to some of what I wrote.
 get ready, and lets start to grow some food !
Bless~up
  ~S~

msgal

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 05:04:42 PM »

Dandelion greens are good when they're young, they just need the water changed a few times to get out the milk which is bitter.
They grow as a weed just about anywhere.
If you have a lawn you probably have them in you're yard.
Rodale press is a good source for just about any info concerning
organic gardening or wild edibles.
I used their encyclopedia for many years.
I'm sure they have a web site.
Everyone does these days.

Bless
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 05:05:22 PM by msgal »
Jah bless. I and I love you all.

RasKanye

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 01:51:10 AM »

well yuh dun kno, I mon grow ital potatoes on my yard that I slice and fry up to make into ital french fries and potato chips. Goes great with fish sticks and pork chops dawg

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 22 queries.