Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: What a year  (Read 960 times)

MaoriLion

• Senior User
  • Love and praise for Jah RasTafarI
    • Myspace
What a year
« on: June 01, 2009, 05:49:05 PM »

Hey everybody, I wonder if anybody here remembers me?

Anywho for anybody who does I'll get straight to business and share some life changes I've recently undergone.

I've gotten older, wiser more mature and well.. a little sadder. Times have been more than tough and depression and struggles with addiction have affected me in recent times and taken a heavy toll on my faith, and in the end they have won. In no way do I consider myself to be a Rasta anymore, I still see Selassie as a great person but in no way devine and I no longer believe in any kind of devine being or happening. Everything that has happened to me and everything I've seen recently has given me lots to think about and frankly I've found too many pieces don't fit. I've become attracted to a world free from the burden of purpose, meaning and reasons for being. And truth be told its damn relieving.

Rastafari was fantastic while I felt the call but I have no regrets in saying that I'm now a person without commitment to anybody other than myself, my family and my planet.

Big love to everybody and keep the faith, but only if you are absolutely certain you know it to be true.
Peace, Love, Inity

Human

• Veteran User
Re: What a year
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 12:50:24 AM »

Yes i remember you bredrin, well it seems as if the light of Atheism or Humanism or simply Rationalism has come in to your life and reason has won the battle over faith, for many who come to such conclusion it is very refreshing and Free's them of many mental strangleholds they have carried from youth because of indoctrination or simple repeating of "beliefs" from adults. Let me be the first to congratulate you on your new found happiness and freedom and i hope through your new found freedom your addictions to what ever they may have been leave you as well. Your calling has always been to yourself, your family and to your planet, these are things you can see, feel, and wrap your arms around, these things teach you love, compassion, unity, respect and many other innate traits we humans have, these are the true mysteries the ancient books actually express through parables, stories and metaphors although many have simply read these as literal historical truths and it is why when looked at this way they make no sense, they contradict each other on every page and become immoral instead of moral analogies...congrats on breaking the chains from within to finally let the real light in, which is you and always has been you. Some will soon respond to this with "faith" talk and bible quotes as usual, but, your new found freedom of thought will simply wish them well on "their" journey, one love bredrin, may life provide you with all the wonderful answers you seek and all the strength to combat anything you desire to defeat.

46 and 2 are ahead of you.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 01:04:58 AM by Human »

Redge

• Bless'ed love all Jah Children
  • Regular User
  • In jah we trust
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 08:14:51 PM »

Raspect bredrins
InI will always pray to my Imperial Majesty selassie I
but I'man ave no problems with other people not doin this
for everyman has his own path
an this path is his to choose
wether it be a holy faithful path
or a path to utter destruction
that choice will never be taken away
So I'man ma here to congratulate you on your new found
path may it be a path of spiritual delight.
an InI hope your roots grow to a tree of wisdom an intelligence

RASpect Bredrin
InI Praise you an your family

Bless'ed
"a man with no past is a tree with no roots if you dont know where you came from where do you go?"

George

• Senior User
  • "...fighting against isms and skisms..."
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 09:46:16 PM »

One Love to you MaoriLion Brother,

I hope you still continue to occasionaly drop in here,

you will always be a brother to I'm sure most of us here,

I wish you most happiness!!

InI too have been feeling sadder latley, I think there is a global negative energy in the air, alot of tension man,

It is always very imprtant to follow your heart, however hard it may be to see.

And I hope you are absolutly following your heart! :D

The Negative enrgies I am feeling, seem to continue to grow, and so I'm not sure if it's just me, or whether the world is in a bad state at the minute

all the best to you man,

Much Love and Respect

~George
"A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots" - Marcus Garvey

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.