Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: White vegan brotha about to take the Nazirite Vow...  (Read 1867 times)

SimbaYaYudah

White vegan brotha about to take the Nazirite Vow...
« on: June 16, 2009, 05:09:28 PM »

Peace and love be to you all!

My name is Matthew, and I'm from Ohio in the U. S. A.  I am not Rastafari, I am a deeply convicted Christian; but I do have lots of things in common with Rastafari.  I believe in peace and justice in the world.  I believe that Yeshu came to start a radical movement of non-violence through which we can resist Babylon and the powers and principalities of the world.  I believe that the powers and principalities of the world, which we Christians like the call the Domination System, but you Rastas call Babylon, is downpressing God's people, creating widespread poverty in Africa, and catapulting our world into serious climate change.  I believe that as a son of God it is my duty to resist Babylon through nonviolent protest and Godspeak.  As part of this resistance, I am fighting one's of Babylon's most insidious forms of downpression, the disrespect and horrible torture of our fellow bredren and sistren, the animals of Jah! To do this I do not eat any meat, drink any milk or use any animal products.  God has called me to veganism, to the Ital diet, so that I may respect Jah's creation and realize that in the hands of Jah, we are all one.

Forgive me that I don't know the proper Rastaspeak.  I'm learning! So even though I am not a Rastafari, I follow the Ital diet, resist Babylon and am dedicated to creating peace and understanding in this world!

I first met members of your wonderful belief system when I was in Tanzania, on an island called Zanzibar.  I was in Tanzania, near the Serengeti National Park, for three months, living in a mud hut, helping my host family to grow veggies for the white safaris.  It was a powerful experience for me.  We needed nothing except that which we grew. . .  no buying and selling and becoming enslaved to the trinkets of Babylon! As I am white, I really felt at that time that I was undergoing a spiritual purge, as if the chaff of my ancestor's sins against the black people were being winowed away and only the kernel, pure and innocent, me, remained.  After that, I dedicated myself to fighting the insipid racism that prevails in the world.  Well, then, before leaving Tanzania I spent three days at a resort in Zanzibar.  There I met tons of Rastas, bought a beanie, and even got to share a spiritual binghi and the smoking of the sacred herb ganJah, with some Rastas.

Recently I have felt that Jah, who I usually call God, is calling me to take the Nazirite vow.  This would be very important for me, both spiritually and physically.  I have wanted to give up alcohol for a long time, but haven't found the support.  All my friends, my parents and all my relatives all drink alcohol.  I looked on line for forums like this one who would support me in my vow; but they either advocated moderation in drinking alcohol, or they were sites for alcoholics trying to quit.  Well, I'm not nor ever was an alcoholic.  Rather I am separating myself unto God by not consuming the pickled death.  I am making my body holy unto Jah, a holy temple.  I started doing this when I became vegan and now am extending it as I take the vow.

In five days I shall completely shave my head to start off the vow.  Then I will not shave my head, drink alcohol, or subject myself to the sinister and prevailing messages of the Babylon system by not watching t. v.  either.  My vow will last for five years.  I have come to this forum to find support, both in the vow I am about to take and in my dedication to not drink alcohol or watch t. v.  I hope you will accept me as a member of this community and give me the support I need as I separate myself unto Jah.

Blessings to you all!  :)

P. S.  If any of you were wondering. . .  my name, Simba ya Yudah, is Swahili for Lion of Judah.

toshIte

• Senior User
  • Rasta man live up
Re: White vegan brotha about to take the Nazirite Vow...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 12:41:16 PM »

Greetings bredrin Simba ya Yudah.

Ini would like to wish the I well on the journey the I is about to embark on. May JAH grant that your focus and conviction remains strong and steadfast throughout.

Love  Bless 

Coffinjoe

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 01:59:26 AM »

Peace and love be to you all!

I am not Rastafari, I am a deeply convicted Christian;

I believe in peace and justice in the world.  I believe that Yeshu came to start a radical movement of non-violence through which we can resist Babylon and the powers and principalities of the world.  I believe that the powers and principalities of the world, which we Christians like the call the Domination System, but you Rastas call Babylon, is downpressing God's people, creating widespread poverty in Africa, and catapulting our world into serious climate change.  I believe that as a son of God it is my duty to resist Babylon through nonviolent protest and Godspeak. Forgive me that I don't know the proper Rastaspeak.  I'm learning! So even though I am not a Rastafari, I follow the Ital diet, resist Babylon and am dedicated to creating peace and understanding in this world!

Call it whatever you want to call it.

In my eyes you are deeply Rastafari. Names of reLIEgion are just a method of babylon to draw lines of separation between us.

There is no seperation in the children of jah, you are one of us, 100 percent.

I admire your zeal and express only my wholehearted respect and support for your decision. Although I dont see the point in not watching T.V. you can hide from ingenious inventions, or you can benefit from them. thats my personal realization. but to each his own, keep following the holy wisdom and it will take you right to where you need to be. if that makes sense.

I love you, good luck! come back and post often please

Papabear

• Newbie User
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 02:58:44 PM »

Enjoy the journey, remember there might be tough times on this journey, but character will be build.

peace

RastaFox

• Regular User
  • fighting is the best way to waste time and money
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 05:30:02 PM »

may Jah guide you on your spiritual journey, stay strong and always know Jah is always right beside you. We are all brothers under Jah and it is inspiring that you can see past the lines "defining" religion and see that we are all Jah's children.

Jah bless
-Jon
a man of god is a man of infinite ability

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 21 queries.