Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: helping your community is a must (real version )  (Read 1120 times)

rasjay

• Regular User
  • Love Jah and live
helping your community is a must (real version )
« on: July 21, 2009, 08:41:10 PM »

I have been working with young people for just over a year in deprived communities where young people are committing crime and general anti-social behavior (while studying at university to become a fully qualified youth worker) .

I have been working to improve there livity raise a consciousness of their actions and the effects it has on their community. To help tackle discrimination and oppression. whether through social class - status disability or ethnicity.

This work is so important for future development. The Youth will eventually become the elders who will help teach and guide the next generation. As a Movement of righteousness. I feel this field of work is a highly commendable and am extremely proud to be working as a youth worker to help improve the lives of young people.

below is a quick list of some of the problems that young people face they are mostly inter connected i,e one leads to the other. I will leave you to make the link and hopefully reason about why these links are there.
poverty, discrimination, oppression, accessing facilities /services employment, aspirations rights, rejection from society.

There are many more so please add to this list.

As Rastafarian's we seek for a more equal society we aim for a better standard of living for all plus the above list to be achieved. as a movement how much is being done to work with communities and use the goodness in our hearts to help others regardless of their faith. I ask this question because i am unsure-unaware of work being done in communities plus it is always nice to know that good things are being done in our communities.

It is our duty to help everyone develop personally. To empower someone to stand up to the forces of Babylon is surely worth working towards. 

Rejoice and praise RasTafari.Blessed love brethern from Ras..Jay

surfmon_I

Re: helping your community is a must (real version )
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 10:50:07 AM »

Blessings,
  Rasjay, BIG up for both the study and the works the I is doing. 
Bob Marley sang,  "soo much trouble in the world"  and the words are true.

Deprived communities.  Anti-Social behavior.  It is inDEED a MUST to bring UNITY back into Community!.  I am not truly qualified to speak on deprivation other than to go into services ones may lack.  We chose to move to the mountians and woods to raise our children outside the leading anti-social communities many are surrounded by.  It is a world where the few live separate lives in their empires of wealth while others suffer.  Equality and JUSTICE for ALL...NOW we are talking. 

It has always been a puzzle why more people did not see the signs in the Crowning of His Majesty and the movement that was to come...Most of the time, the world is never ready for change.  It happens slowly until the tipping point, and the levels equalize. 
  For some years now the Movement of Rastafari has been trying to centralize and there have been some progress.  Rasta Bredren and Sistren meet up and gather and grow in communities, doing social works thru both the Gatherings, Lectures and Music.  It has been a very personal experience, and also a social one these 5 years of study which was preceded by many years of reverence for the Mystical Rasta that trods with JAH in Ivery breath and step with a FaithFULLness that is a Light beaming straight  to The Most I.
  There is one point I would like to touch on, "It is our duty to help everyone develop personally. To empower someone to stand up..."  I would reason it is NOT our duty to empower, rather it is a RESULT and Example to those around us.  We are not here to help everyone develop.  We are here to do JAHFULL works and touch other through our Hearts and Livity.  To get UP and Stand up for what is right and stride for the gates with a true heart.  For in each life we are shown roads, and the choices we make are the paths we trod.  We come in touch with various others that in the same way aremaking choices, and when we meet, there is a cumulative choice, we satalite in eachothers company for a time and then go on our way.  Sometimes the individuals are of such strong righteous character, their traits become part of us, and so we each carry a piece of these encounters with us on our journey.

It would be nice if we could Identify a central governing body that would be able to do works around the world, but if we look at the diversity and various objectives many rasta mansions have, we see the need for a centralization.

" how good and pleasant it would be, before GOD and man, to see the Unification of ALL ...Rastaman/African/Humanbeean.

Give thanks
Selassie I

rasjay

• Regular User
  • Love Jah and live
Re: helping your community is a must (real version )
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 10:03:20 PM »

well said i love to see good things happening all over whether in the rasta movement or otherwise its all a blessing, we should praise the most high every minute.  i have seen a contradiction in my writing too my thoughts. '' it is our duty to empower young people''. What if the young person does not want to be empowered it is morally in correct to force any stance view point or belief system on anyone, to encourage, but more importantly. GIVE AND HELP DEVELOP THE TOOLS so that when the time is right young people are educated on the system and therefore know how to achieve their goals and improve their lives.

Message to all. HELP YOUR COMMUNITIES WE NEED YOU NOW. If you live in u.k Go and volunteer at your local youth centre go and volonteer for young offending team etc ( this line of work has loads a RasTafarians involved youl meet some good sistren and bredren . If you live in America. W.Indies where ever go and work in the community on your own or with the local authority.

Make that change be now. together strong     
Rejoice and praise RasTafari.Blessed love brethern from Ras..Jay

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 21 queries.