Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Christmas  (Read 10915 times)

rasbabygirl886

Christmas
« on: December 24, 2003, 09:51:04 PM »

As this glamorous babylonian holiday approaches, one can only wonder, what is the rastafarian answer to the holiday that celebrates the birth of their Christ?

What is nyabinghi? Or the better question is, how is it celebrated, and what is the true meaning?

What is the true meaning of Kwanzaa?

RasLionheart

• Senior User
  • Rastafari is the way!
Re: Christmas
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 03:04:37 PM »

jahs_pikny

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 09:51:14 AM »

there are two kinds of celebrating this holiday...there is the profan time and the sacre one(here i should thank FIYAH^MAN  for explaini' to me 2)...the profan is for those who don't care,who see it as a just one other holiday,it's an oportunity to eat and to say "i am better now"without really meaning it...the sacre one is for those who believe,for whom this holiday is allways just one,no matter the time that passes...it's not about eating or going to church or somethin' like that...it's just about keepin' your soul clean,and enjoin' da birth of christ every year,as if it would be the first time [smiley=wink.gif]..PEACE AND HARMONY

Ash-Tree

• Veteran User
  • E.M.HTP
    • Ayahuasca Art
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 10:08:03 AM »

isit just me or doesnt that link work.
www.Amazonian-art.com Ayahuasca Shamanic Dream art for sale. Paint your Dream or Vision Custom for you, Original Art

ladiM

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 02:53:26 PM »

greetins,
pardon me but wos christ really born on xmas day eg 25th Dec?? I'm sure dat dis date wos created by the christian church comin  into europe all dos years ago. I may be wrong and would appreciate it if someone lets me no whether i am wrong or rite.
peace an love
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 02:54:07 PM by ladiM »

Ash-Tree

• Veteran User
  • E.M.HTP
    • Ayahuasca Art
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 03:12:38 PM »

well i know that jesus was born in the summer so we shouldnt be celebrating it in december. i think it is december just because its conveniant and the new year is coming so all the shops need to get rid of last years stock.
jah love Ashley
www.Amazonian-art.com Ayahuasca Shamanic Dream art for sale. Paint your Dream or Vision Custom for you, Original Art

Positive_I-rations

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 04:21:48 PM »

actually the Incarnation day of Yoshua was changed by catholic church to december 25 because the pagans were havin a feast at this time, and to easier make them go christian Yoshuas birtday was changed to the same day as the pagan big feast...
However I no know the correct date of Yoshua Incarnation... And yes even tough I no see it as a day when one can say "I am better now" without meaning it I feel it is a blessed and sacred day, anyone who can come with evidence of the right day ? :/

JAH BLESS

toshIte

• Senior User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 06:01:51 PM »

Dec 25 is said to be the Bday of  the god mithras

ladiM

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 12:54:13 PM »

greetins all,
Thank you positive irations. Dis is wot I wanted to see. We no dat xmas day is not da birth of Yoshua, so we should not be enjoying da birth of Yoshua on dat day.
Peace an love to all
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 12:55:36 PM by ladiM »

DEVIN

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 01:12:31 AM »

i selabrat the earthday of yeshua on jan. 7th cuz thats when haile selassie selabrated it

caitie

• Regular User
  • MOVEMENT OF JAH PEOPLE
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2005, 05:35:12 PM »

no... december 25th is not the real day jesus was born, it is just the day that christians chose to celeberate god sending jesus to save them [smiley=smiley.gif]

Jazzy

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2005, 04:32:20 PM »

Not all Christians celebrate Christmas, Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians yet they do not celebrate Christmas because they do not believe that December 25 is Jesus's real birthday and also because of all the "pagan" influences on the holiday....for instance, the lights used on the trees and all that were originally candles used to pay homage to Ra the egyptian sun god. Even so, human's have turned a holiday that was intended to be about reflection on Christ and how God sent him to save mankind from there sins into a profane flashy holiday all about greed and how many presents you get.

Elect

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2005, 06:52:00 AM »

this is totally off topic but the Egyptian gods had much influence on the Bible...Moses and Yeshua were both trained in the Egyptian Mystery School and the word Amen is a direct reference to Amen-Ra...i find that the spin that the Bible has given us has Hebrews and Rastas, whoever is real studious of the Bible to be weary of Egypt...but from what i have found those ancients of Kemet were the closest to God and their Mystery School was the highest form of education ever known to man...Rev. 11:8....talks about how Yeshua was crucified in Egypt also...this is in reference to his study in the Kemetic Mystery School and his passing through the rituals in the Great Pyramid...Half the story has never been told...Selah

Ash-Tree

• Veteran User
  • E.M.HTP
    • Ayahuasca Art
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2005, 11:58:31 AM »

i heard orthodox religion celebrate the "resurection" more than christmass because its more important, but you dont get a big party and aload of presents for that do yah.
you get a stupid chocalate egg [smiley=huh.gif]
jah love Ashley

Speed

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2005, 12:31:46 PM »

choclate isn't ital!  [smiley=grin.gif][smiley=tongue.gif]

Couldn't resist sorry...
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.