Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Christmas  (Read 10914 times)

Positive_I-rations

Re: Christmas
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2005, 03:05:18 PM »

i selabrat the earthday of yeshua on jan. 7th cuz thats when haile selassie selabrated it

Who can know better the day of Jah Incarnation than Jah Jah Himself ? If Selassie I celebrated Incarnation day of Yoshua Jan 7th, so shall I !

Jah Bless !

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2005, 06:57:56 PM »

Actually dark, organic chocolate could be considered I-tal as it is high in antioxidants and is good for the heart among other things.

One

Jah bless

InI_Scott

• Full User
  • Chapter a Day!
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2005, 09:35:18 PM »

No matter what the Pagans did, or what one religion may call this day . . . I continue to celebrate it in a way that is good/positive.

Why not spend time with family and friends and rejoice in the time we are given to spend together?  Why not try to be more Christ Like and give back to society or give to others?  Is this not what Chirst wants of us/for us?

Whether this happens in December, January, July,  . . . I have a hard time debating the positives/negatives of something that we place on the calendar of Man.

Be good, live good, show peace and love to all . . . all the time.  But hey, if the pagans really want to get in the "spirit" of giving . . . right or wrong . . . I'm all for it.

One Love, Merry Ismas to you all . . . no matter what the date is . . I send my love and peace to you all at this time.

Be Blessed,
InI Scott

Good to hear about dark chocolate!!!  I've had my share this month [smiley=wink.gif]
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 09:40:24 PM by InI_Scott »

satafijah

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2005, 01:04:06 AM »

i think some christians/catholics are not celebratin christmass like they should
instead of celebrating the birth of their christ
they celebrate christmass by decoratin da house with red and green colors and pictures of frosty the snowman and christmass trees decorated with more stuff that doesnt even have to do with the birth of their christ .
some people think of christmass and the first thing that comes to their mind is snow.
and wut does snow have to do with jesus christ?
i think the modern way of celebratin christmass has just become more to comercialize than to actually celebrate what they should be celebrating

Elect

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2005, 01:19:02 AM »

agreed Rasta...One

Regdan

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2005, 01:31:24 AM »

No matter what the Pagans did, or what one religion may call this day . . . I continue to celebrate it in a way that is good/positive.

Why not spend time with family and friends and rejoice in the time we are given to spend together?  Why not try to be more Christ Like and give back to society or give to others?  Is this not what Chirst wants of us/for us?

Whether this happens in December, January, July,  . . . I have a hard time debating the positives/negatives of something that we place on the calendar of Man.

Be good, live good, show peace and love to all . . . all the time.  But hey, if the pagans really want to get in the "spirit" of giving . . . right or wrong . . . I'm all for it.

One Love, Merry Ismas to you all . . . no matter what the date is . . I send my love and peace to you all at this time.

Be Blessed,
InI Scott

Good to hear about dark chocolate!!!  I've had my share this month [smiley=wink.gif]

Exactly what I think.

On the chocolate note, I have been making fudge.

JDavis

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2005, 04:53:33 AM »

i see Christmas more of a distorted tradition, as yall say it has a babylon influence but really the average person doesnt know the history behind it like yall do, they know what they grew up with, like its a time for family, Jesus, food, presents, santa, ect. I dont think its fair to criticize all these people for jus doing what they have done since they can remember.

EmpressGong

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2005, 12:47:36 PM »

Blessed Love

First I want to say that this post is not about judging or condemning anyone for their personal beliefs. I place no judgement on those who wish to celebrate the birth of Yeshua in the Christian season of Xmas.  I was raised in the church and I have the Overstanding behind such actions (Rastafari or not) even though I never personally Identified with it. I guess this last statement sets the tone for what I have to say on this topic of Christmas.

I overstand (have the knowledge and sight) that some Rastafari see Yeshua as the "first" and Selassie I as the "second" coming of the Christ. And it is therefore logical for anyone with this Sight to want to hail up Yeshua as the teacher and leader of Selassie I and follow a fictional date of birth to be a holiday(holyday??) of Ises. I have no problem with that because I am not in the position to judge therefore I do not let such things bother me. Jah know what is what and who is who!

Furthermore (and on the other hand) I Innerstand (believe and know for My Own Self) that the Christ is truly One Irit of/in Iration that transcends all time and space. The Christ knows no One human form or One Body..it encompasses All of Iration at All times.The flesh is simply one expression of the Divine One Spirit that IS. I have gained this Sight from the Khamitic Peoples of the Nile who gave birth to my Ancestry, my Heritage. I have proof of this in the Mystic that brought forth the Kebra Negast and the Davidic and Solomonic Dynasties.

However, as a sistren of mine also said to me last night, as Rastafari InI deal with the "R" not the "X". I personally sight HIM as my Christ because I am RASTAFARI. Selassie I is Mine. He is the Christ of My People. He is the Messiah of My Time. He was the Christ of My People in that Time because His Spirit is of Old. His Kingdom is forever and cannot be moved. His Earth date is a factual, personal day that I devote to HIM that spreads to any time or date of any given year because His Irit is every day, any time, every where.

As Rastafari I put HIM FIRST and dwell not on the babylonian mindset/ways of Xmas. And yes I do know of course (and would hope) that Rastas who celebrate Xmas would not be doing it in the 'babylonian' way. We are not here to boost the economy!

So my point in case is that the focus of Ises is truly on the One Irit of Creation. Christmas in theory is a wonderful time of year because it pays tribute to WHAT IS (what was is and always will be) and that would be JAH. This is worthy of Ises by anyone at anytime!

But to come down to actually celebrating Xmas in the flesh is something that I PERSONALLY cannot do because I simply am Rastafari and that TO ME means that I do not partake in what my Downpressor believes to be his-truth and his-story. The King HIM came to re-establish the Throne of the Seed of David. That is my Truth and Light as Rastafari.

Blessed be the Most High Jah

EmpressGong
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 12:56:14 PM by EmpressGong »

NegusNegustiality

• Veteran User
  • Negus*Negustial ity is the reality of H.I.M.
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2005, 02:55:34 PM »

Ises unto HIM,

1.  Blaze dem with the truth Empress Gong for it shall eventually purge dem, seen.

2.Ini came to post a heartical experience, so here goes .....

As a rugged and militant Rastaman, Ini fully cite the vibes and viewpoint of Empress Gong's reasoning, this is what meks this experience so much more mystical, because Ini don't personally Ilebrate this season but just enjoy the gathering of family and loved ones.  There is an I on this forum who Ini link with occasionally, tuh check the vibes and basically hail them up.  I did this a few days ago and found that our schedules were conflicting, so Ini couldn't link with the I as I wanted to but still it was bless to link widem.  
 Ini went farward wid I plans, when later that evening Ini received a link farward from that I, saying that Ini had been in that I's thoughts since since earlier.  Ini asked the I wha'gwaan and the I stated that they wanted to help I out with some extra money.  Now the "ironic" vibe is that I linked the I concerning some linx for juggling, as things weren't as upful in I neck of the woods as desired.  The I said it was the holidays and felt that Ini was struggling financially and dat the vibe they were getting was to help Ini out.  Ini couldn't believe what I was hearing, I was kind of shocked, happy, embarrassed and perplexed at the same time.  The I said they would send I like a 100 bucks and to link them the next day.  The whole night I dwelled on the fact that I was about to be the recipient of unadulterated charity and I pride wouldn't let I be cool.  Since I am usually the I helping ones it felt so alien to be on the other end.
 I linked the I and told dem dat dey could get some merchandise from I store for the money, because I'd much rather earn it.  They said cool if it would mek Ini feel better about it, which was like a dart to I pride again but the truth is an offense notta sin.  The I ended up getting I math and next daying I a package.
 I had the youth with I when the UPS carrier came so Ini didn't even open the letter for a good 45 minutes.  Now the real mystical vibes are that earlier in the week the Ohio Child Support Enforcement Agency had emptied my savings with an injunction that left a grown man with three dependant youths with .60.  The thing is the youths mother will receive the money but it was the fact that it was a violation of privacy and the fact that I still have to have the youths at my gates and that is impossible on .60, seen.  Thursday the water was slated to be cutoff with the electricity to follow pon monday but the I from the forum did not know any of this.  Rastas hold dem joy regardless but dem who feel it know it.
 I ended up opening the letter and smiled because it contained a wonderful Haile I lapel pin and a great note.  When Ini looked at the check for 100 bucks, there was a mistake because it didn't say for 100 but 250.  All I could do was just be still still and hum "Praise Ye Jah" while the tears of joy welled up.  It is moments like this that trodding in righteousness are all worth it and are living proof that whom Jah Bless no man curse.  This was also a perfect example of putting huemanity over troditions, viewpoints, dogma, faith and other petty differences.  The I was sending the bread so that I youths could have a good holiday but didn't know that a good holiday was secondary to a clean and warm one.

Ini didn't tell this experience for a pity party or to put I business out but to glorify an I doing Jahworks, who nuff ones on the forum may disagree with on certain points but whose heart's theology was divine enough for I.  So Ini say that if it is the "holidays"/holy days that mek ones feel that this is how they must to treat ones then who am I to grudge anyone on how they Ilebrate.  For Istorical truth will always shine through in due time but Jah love manifest in the flesh one to one is Iternal.

Iverlivingly grateful & extremely humbled
Negus

Rastafari Bless

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2005, 05:10:55 PM »

Blessings

Negus, thank YOU for blessing us all with that wonderful post. Truly, Jah Love in our hearts is the reason for the season!

Be blessed.

Ras_Solomon

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2005, 05:32:58 AM »

much respect empressgong

sponger_mann

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2005, 06:36:03 PM »

You must remember the twelve tribes represent twelve months and him always come in the tribe of judah which is july. Selassi I was born July 23. seen

Ras_Growstrong

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2005, 06:18:48 AM »

Greetings -

To the those that have ears that can hear, to those that have eyes and can see ... to the sons of noah that overstand the knowledge of the flood and the characters of the Bible.

To those that patiently divide the word overstand December 25th is not a pagan holiday. However, actions such as erecting "christmas trees" are considered customs of the Heathen (read Jeremiah 10 in your King James Bible).

Chistmas is based on a Ancient Egyptian holiday ... I know it sounds strange ...   Let me explain, Chistmas is the celebration of the rising of the sun or birth of the son. You see every year at this time it is considered the winter solstice. This is the time when daylight is the shortest of anytime during the year. It is also the time when darkness is at its highest level. The birth of the son is here at this point because as time progesses day by day the son gets stronger until april its is totally even; night and day are the same lengths of time. Guess what in April, Easter celebrated when the first Full moon appears. It represents the resurrection of the son. Now it also is the mark in time where the sun overtakes the darkness on the planet "the pass over" this progresses until June when darkness takes over In July so the cycle continues check out the movie JASON its based on the concept Jason is an acronym July, August, September, October November ... enuff for now

Jah See and Know
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.