Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: flesh eating  (Read 14338 times)

4good

flesh eating
« on: October 17, 2004, 10:37:06 PM »

Hello again,

i read Scripture and have founded contradiction about flesh eating.
in Genesis 1,29 God tells that He created all plants and seeds for people to eat (flesh isn't mentioned), and in Exodus 21,28 God tells that if bull gores to death man, that bull has to be killed, and that meat shouldn't be eaten (flesh eating is justifiable).
as i know rastas don't eat meat.
(early christians also hold this belief).
and what is rasta reason of refusing flesh food?

keep Love...

Banjo

Re: flesh eating
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 11:01:04 PM »

why eat flesh?  :-/

GanjaBreedGyul

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 11:37:40 PM »

Banjo ,
LOL I don't know ..But my ancestors ate it and I still do ..Guess it tastes good  :-/ ;D .
« Last Edit: October 17, 2004, 11:38:56 PM by GanjaBreedGyul »

badbrainsclash21

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 01:14:51 AM »

I do not eat meat or drink milk because I was just brought up that way... I don't know... I could eat meat or drink milk if i wanted and i have before buys my family never  ever ever bought milk or ate meat... I don't know... guess that sounds kinda weird

GanjaBreedGyul

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 02:24:39 AM »

badbrainclash ,
:-/So you NEVER drank milk ?
Don't you know that milk is good for your body ? Do you use a substitute like soy milk ?

4good

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2004, 09:43:10 AM »

LOL I don't know ..But my ancestors ate it and I still do ..Guess it tastes good

i am sorry for my poor english, by telling fleh i mean meat

GanjaBreedGyul

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2004, 06:51:16 PM »

4good ,
It's okay , I know what you mean . I was saying that my ancestors ate meat whether it be human flesh(which is meat) or regular stuff like Red meat and chicken and all that stuff . And I also eat meat ....and I guess the reason that I eat it , is all because it tastes good . Well only if you know how to prepare it . :D ;)
--Jasmine

Amandel

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2004, 03:13:40 PM »

Misgana to Yahwe,

4Good,...animals were used as sacrifice...doesn't mean they eat the meat...And as for why some rastas eat fish,...i think it's because of where it's mentioned in the bible (about eating fish n bread).
I don't eat meat at all, because i made a vow not to,...and being a boboshanti you're not allowed to eat animals (much less humans), I do have rasta friends and family that eat fish...that's their choice and rasta-order.
Hope i've helped you out...anymore questions feel free to ask

Blessed evening to all,
Empress_ez

4good

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2004, 04:08:34 PM »

Empress_ez,
but there are few places in the Bible, where eating meat is justifiable (if you want, i can tell you where exacly it is)

Jah Love is inside we

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2004, 07:16:52 PM »

the things that we eat and how we live is either sustainable to earth or not, the meat that you eat that is consiously raised and killed and eating reasonable amounts well chewed is a positive, it can make your body strong and you can travel many a mile with out eating on just a little flesh, giving respect to the animal that gave its life for yours is the same way that jesus asks us to honor his father, eating animals can keep you grounded, but not eating them, especially the ones that had horrible lives and the milk that was forced out of the sick cow is healthy if not the only ethical way to live,- when choice is avalible.  i dont eat pigs  :P
« Last Edit: October 19, 2004, 07:18:14 PM by elidjembe »
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

PrinceJammy

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2004, 08:01:57 PM »

i think, meat eating is only exactable, if the animals are grown up in a natural way. not in little prisons. animals must life in natur, they must eat natural food, no chemicals and stuff like this.
in the bible, animals would trated good and natural, but today that's not the case.
I don't know...... sometimes i eat meat too, but I think we shouldn't destroy the creation of JAH.
I hope you understand me, my english is very bad.  ;D ;D ;D

One Love and Peace
JAH Ras TafarI Haile I Selassie I!!!!!!!

jammy

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2004, 06:54:21 PM »

GanjaBreed, milk is NOT as good for you as you might think. Did you know a calf doesn't fully digest its mothers milk? Look it up. Also, we humans don't digest it fully, it just clumps. Main reasons not to eat meat or milk:

1. It's against the Rastafari beliefs.
2. It's loaded with chemicals and hormones that are passed unto us. (If you do eat meat or milk please eat organic as it is free of these things and the animals are treated decently). Also, if you are in the U.S.A. DON'T drink milk unless it's organic, there's a hormone that's dangerous to humands that's banned in Canada but still in use in the U.S. (Search up "Monsanto Milk Hormone", Monsanto is a company that created the hormone and is trying to patent every seed genetic ever, ex: Every ganja strain, rice, corn, etc. so they can mass control the people.)
3. If the animals aren't "Free Range" they are treated unjustly. Jah wouldn't be happy with the way these animals are treated.
4. If it isn't organic, animals are fed other animals! Why do we feed a cow, another cow? Cow is vegetarian, just like I, so why feed it cow brains, and spine? I don't think meat eating is necessarily a horrible thing, but the way we've mass produced these animals is horrible. Jah help us.

Anyways, eat organic if you can, but to be true Rasta, no meat. Maybe fish, but opinions differ.

Kind.

Jah Bless.

EmpressGong

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2004, 08:39:26 AM »

Bless up,
I dont have my bible with me right now, but if i remember correctly Jah gave animals for humans to eat as long as the hooves were with a cleft in them i think? i dont remembr off hand but pork is one of the types of meat not allowed in the Bible. InI nah eat meat as such, just fish

prophet7

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2004, 01:37:09 PM »

@4good

I and I do not think that Jah wanted for I to eat meat. Read Genesis 1:29, Jah gave us plants (to eat) for meat. It was human lust and greed that caused meat eating.
Read the part in the Bible where Jah gave the people manna from heaven and they lusted after flesh, Numbers 11 vs 1-35. They too were punished for that. Jah set down the rules of which meats we can and can not eat but I and I do not think that He was very pleased about it.

One Love
Prophet7

GanjaBreedGyul

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2004, 04:38:52 PM »

M-Dub ,
Umm I am not Rasta , But that doesn't mean I do not know that I should be eating healthy and yup I know that when we eat meat it takes a long time to digest .
About the milk though , I live outside the USA , actually I live in the Caribbean , I work for Nestle Trinidad and I must say that I have actually visited the farms that we get the milks from , I have even seen the process that it goes through and I assure you that the animals are treated decently and they do not eat their own family member LOL . But I will look up the info you gave me , I don't doubt for a minute that what you say has some truth to it .
--Jasmine
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.