Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: flesh eating  (Read 14342 times)

EmpressGong

Re: flesh eating
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2004, 06:23:07 PM »

Okay, Bless up to all,
I have found what InI was looking for in the bible which deals with the laws of eating flesh. LEVITICUS 11

11:2 Speak unto the children of Israel sayin These are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts which  yea shall eat among all the beasts and that are on the earth.

11:3  whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is clovenfoot and cheweth the cud among the beasts that shall ye eat.

11:4 nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof, as the camel, becuase he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof, he is unclean unto you

11:5 the coney is unclean

11:6 the hare is unclean

11:7 And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfoot, yet he cheweth not the cud, he is unclean to you.

11:9 these shall ye eat of all that are in the waters; whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers them shall ye eat.

it also goes on to mention what fowls we should not eat as well.

note that with rasta , only small fish are technically not allowed as they would not have eaten other fish.

Jah Bless

GanjaBreedGyul

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2004, 07:01:39 PM »

Thank you Empress .

EmpressGong

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2004, 08:26:34 PM »

its no problem
bless up to all

Amandel

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2004, 01:26:51 PM »

Misgana,

Thank you EmpressGong!!!!
That's another confusion that there is withing the rasta community, a lot of people don't fully read the bible, they just read the Psalms.
I think the whole 'don't eat meat' came from the analogy of 'Thou shall not Kill', people interpret it as don't kill any living moving organism.

I don't eat meat becuase i took my vow as a Boboshanti, that doesn't mean all rastas have to be vegetarians, for my part you can eat all the meat in the world (even pork), i'm interested in your spirituality and character.

Misgana,
Empress_ez

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2004, 05:14:01 PM »

true that, i used to hold alot of grudges over things like that, this man eats these thing, or drives these cars, or does these drugs, but i said to myself its not my place, and learn what i can from everyone.
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

Amish2

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2004, 12:04:39 PM »

As i have said in another forum animals i think can be eaten as long as they are fead and kept like they should be and as long as they are not pumped full of hormones or made cdannablistic. I am a veggie but i have nothing against meat eaters.

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2004, 02:45:14 AM »

Love and respect Jasmine. I wasn't really talking about the Caribbean as I'm not familiar with their farming techniques, I was mainly talkin about North America and some parts of Europe.

One.

Jah bless.

Amish2

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2004, 02:46:02 PM »

Yiu should see the way KFC treat chickens..more later

Amish2

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2004, 11:51:31 AM »

Kfc chickens are kept in bad coditions are thrown around are not given any medical help are not given good food are pumped with hormpone...etc.  [smiley=angry.gif]It is horrible and i am very glad i am veggie!! [smiley=smiley.gif]

Find out more at:

http:// CFCCruelty.co.ukhttp://

sponger_mann

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2004, 05:36:45 PM »

Ital's vital.

Amish2

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2004, 07:26:46 PM »

[smiley=huh.gif]

sponger_mann

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2004, 09:09:29 PM »

Check out www.peta2.com. Some real stuff.

skajens

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2004, 09:59:06 AM »

i dont like meat. in my family we dont eat much and ive been pesca-vegetarian for like a year and a half. but whatever... its just a choice. if other animals eat flesh why cant humans? because we can live on other stuff?

RasLionheart

• Senior User
  • Rastafari is the way!
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2004, 10:51:32 AM »

prophet7

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2004, 11:22:35 AM »

Surprising how many of you "justify" meat eating.
Who gives you the right to kill ? Every single creature of God has the right to live and if you take its life then you are robbing it of its GOD given RIGHT !!
Which one of you can produce/create an animal ? Now that you have your answer to that question.....so you do not have the right to destroy these creations because you can't make 'em !
God also said that blood is the essence of life and that none of us should shed blood. So how do you all kill your animals ? By not shedding blood ?
And don't come with no dumb answers like "well I don't kill them myself" because you are just as guilty as the one who does it for u !!
And then u all say Rasta is not reading the Bible right ?? LOL
The truth is u do not have the overstanding that Rasta have and that is why you are confused by the words of the Father ! You're reading but, can't overstand it. Having eyes to see and not perceiving.

Meat eating is bad for the body (I and I have enough proof for that!) and GOD says thou shalt keep your temple clean in order that he may dwell in it with u !! So I and I Father can not dwell in no Graveyard and that is what your stomach is when you eat dead animals !

One Love
Prophet7
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 11:25:46 AM by prophet7 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 21 queries.