Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: flesh eating  (Read 14340 times)

black_leperchaun

Re: flesh eating
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2005, 10:29:00 PM »

so are fish, chicken, cheese, yogurt not allowed? Please help, i am so confused. [smiley=undecided.gif]

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2005, 10:43:12 PM »

so are fish, chicken, cheese, yogurt not allowed? Please help, i am so confused. [smiley=undecided.gif]

If you mean 'are they allowed by I-tal livity'...

Chicken is not because it is animal flesh. Fish is eaten occasionally by some Rastas as it is a very big dish on the carribean. Even Rasta elder and Culture singer Joseph Hill, at his wise age, was recently quoted to saying that after doing his work in whatever city he might be in, he wishes to be wrapped up, back on the island, in some saltfish and ackee.  [smiley=smiley.gif]

Anyway. Cheese and yogurt, as long as they're natural/organic, are often consumed by some. I very own empress will not eat anything 'dairy' but if you're wondering if it is "allowed" then yes.

Remember that "I-tal" basically means "no chemicals; nothing unnatural." Only what Jah has given to us.

And I agree with the earlier posters, that that is all we'll ever need. I-tal is vItal.

One love
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 10:44:58 PM by Positive_Vibration »

fiya_man

« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2005, 12:02:21 AM »

Recently I have stopped eating flesh, not too suer about fish tho. I would consider it as an animal tho.

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2005, 04:48:38 PM »

Seen, when I first began eating I-tal I would eat a little fish here and there, but eventually I realized that yes it is flesh.

As far as milk/yoghurt, as Positive said, if organic it is permitted, however it is not beneficial to the temple. Milk cannot be fully digested by humans (or even calfs). Cheese and milk also clog up your food which is why you get hard stools (sorry to be so graphic). Gradually change your diet and it will be easier to give up such things.

One

Jah bless

black_leperchaun

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2005, 04:46:22 PM »

Thanx Positive, i understand it a little better now.  I didn't know how else to state my question, so i used the word allowed.  [smiley=smiley.gif]  

Ash-Tree

• Veteran User
  • E.M.HTP
    • Ayahuasca Art
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2005, 05:40:48 PM »

i heard a wise qoute the other day.
if we could speaks to animals the first thing they would say is dont eat meat
[smiley=wink.gif]

jah love Ashley
www.Amazonian-art.com Ayahuasca Shamanic Dream art for sale. Paint your Dream or Vision Custom for you, Original Art

black_leperchaun

« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2005, 04:45:05 PM »

M-Dub, InI am trying to follow your advice, but InI am still in school and living with my parents,so InI still eat meat occasionally.  InI am following your advice though, And InI have found it easier to turn meat and milk products down.

Many thanks brethren

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2005, 06:48:47 PM »

M-Dub, InI am trying to follow your advice, but InI am still in school and living with my parents,so InI still eat meat occasionally.  InI am following your advice though, And InI have found it easier to turn meat and milk products down.

Irie Idren!  [smiley=grin.gif] My prayers will be with you. The effort is half the struggle.

One

Jah bless

fiya_man

« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2005, 04:02:15 PM »

I heard a story of a guy who went to a resturaunt on shrooms, and when they served him the chciken on his plate it yelled at him for eating the chicken, so the guy ran out lol

Ash-Tree

• Veteran User
  • E.M.HTP
    • Ayahuasca Art
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2005, 08:49:14 AM »

idren black_leperchaun

you got nothing to worry about
the majority of people on this site are youths and alot seem to have the same problem with meat and all.
im 16 and only just finished school this summer.

jah love Ashley

www.Amazonian-art.com Ayahuasca Shamanic Dream art for sale. Paint your Dream or Vision Custom for you, Original Art

SmG

« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2005, 11:23:04 AM »

Many thanks brethren

I am vegetarian but in school I have the same problem (I get a vegetarian dish) as I dont know what the dish consists of. It may be anything but I know that I have no choice for now, but when I finish school I will be fully ital.

Jah Love

black_leperchaun

« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2005, 05:49:53 PM »

Many thanks, m-dub.  12TRIBE and SmG, Thank you.  Your help and support keeps me going.

SmG

« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2005, 07:06:26 PM »

No problem Idren we are always glad to help!  [smiley=cheesy.gif]

And remember - things will get better and soon we will live in Zion, Ital in body and spirit. Jah will not leave you if you not leave Jah.

Jah Love and Bless

black_leperchaun

« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2005, 07:45:08 PM »

InI will remember.

Bless Idren

Positive_I-rations

« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2005, 10:38:16 PM »

I no know if it is possible for you Brother SMG... But I eat I breakfast in the morning, go to the brainwash (one must be aware, all the time what them teachers are sayin u know..) and no eat anything before I get home... It was hard in the beginning but after a while you get used to not eating in 8 hours. The food in school are PACKED WITH POISON Brother even the vegitarian one.

Jah Bless
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.