Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: flesh eating  (Read 14341 times)

Ash-Tree

• Veteran User
  • E.M.HTP
    • Ayahuasca Art
Re: flesh eating
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2005, 11:38:38 PM »

dam thats bad.
cant you bring some fruit in a lunch box?
jah love Ashley
www.Amazonian-art.com Ayahuasca Shamanic Dream art for sale. Paint your Dream or Vision Custom for you, Original Art

SeekingRastafari

« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2005, 05:38:11 PM »

Misgana to Yahwe,

4Good,...animals were used as sacrifice...doesn't mean they eat the meat...And as for why some rastas eat fish,...i think it's because of where it's mentioned in the bible (about eating fish n bread).
I don't eat meat at all, because i made a vow not to,...and being a boboshanti you're not allowed to eat animals (much less humans), I do have rasta friends and family that eat fish...that's their choice and rasta-order.
Hope i've helped you out...anymore questions feel free to ask

Blessed evening to all,
Empress_ez

Prince Z you mentioned that you represent the boboshanti order, where are you from?

tigerinatrance

• Normal User
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2005, 08:26:23 PM »

I am going to digress here about meat eating and the question re: whether it is prohibited in scripture, but nonetheless, here it is- sorry fi mash up -

I majored in Animal Science in college and had to take different "slaughter classes" as I called them - where a live animal walked into the room, and we killed it (yes, I know  [smiley=embarassed.gif]) made it into steaks and chops and chicken wings, and the like (this was quite a while ago, and was a pre-veterinary medicine class)

In that context, a friend of mine said "I know what they do with the skin (leather) and I know what they do with the bones, and the parts they don't want, but what do they do with the muscles?"    [smiley=huh.gif]

I hate to make generalizations, but most people don't think  of the fact that they are eating muscle.  

And most don't think about the fact that the filet they are eating is called the Psoas Major, and that we, humans,  have a Psoas Major in our bodies that functions the same way as that filet mignon best served medium rare.  

Your Psoas Major (i.e. filet mignon, or tenderloin) flexes and rotates your hip.  It does the same thing for the cattle and pigs.

I could write a whole topic on my slaughter class experiences and my visit to the 9th circle of hell at a pig slaughter factory (also a part of my college experience).

Needless to say, those experiences, combined with the unidentifiable tissues served in the dorms and called "meat" convinced me that eating flesh was not for me.   [smiley=tongue.gif]

Marneenaw

« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2005, 04:25:28 PM »

Peace to all
       This is my first post and I am very happy to be here with you all. About the meat eating issue. I have been doing a little reading and alot of researchers believe that eating it causes a back up in the colon and a backed up colon is belived to be the root of all di-eases. When not released, the poison from the waste is expelled into the blood stream. The poisons injected into the ANIMAL is inherited by its consumer causing it to be absorbed into our cells. Making us sick. I am not saying that one must not eat meat but if you do. FAST. Allow the body to slough off all the bad proccesed un-naturaul things that we put in our bodies. "Fast and your health shall sping forth"(verse in the bible can't remember which 1 must get back there). Fasting clears our minds of impurities and brings us closer to GOD. And milk. One should not drink milk (conventional anyway). 1 gallon of conventional milk on our shelves in America has 52 different hormones in it. Organic! Milk causes mucous buid up in infants ( and adults). Would u nurse a baby cow? Soy milk has alot of the femal hormone in it. So men think twice.Don't wanna ova do it. [smiley=laugh.gif] There are great alternatives to meat and milk. Tofu, almonds, almond milk, rice milk, barley milk ect. just look around or even better make your own!
I love to reason about nutrition and am very open minded! Please respond.
I love you all! [smiley=cool.gif]
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 04:37:40 PM by Marneenaw »

Marneenaw

« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2005, 05:06:05 PM »

Peace to all my Brethren and Sistren,
              Please hepl me to overstand this. I am reading the bible this saturday morning and come across a verse in Genesis that I think means that it is ok for man
to eat meat.
Genisis 1:29= "And God said, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed;to you it shall be for meat.

Genisis 9:3= "Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you;even as the green herb have I given you all things." Maybe I have not expanded on this enough.
Any insight? [smiley=undecided.gif]

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2005, 05:39:38 PM »

Peace to all my Brethren and Sistren,
               Please hepl me to overstand this. I am reading the bible this saturday morning and come across a verse in Genesis that I think means that it is ok for man
to eat meat.
Genisis 1:29= "And God said, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed;to you it shall be for meat.

Genisis 9:3= "Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you;even as the green herb have I given you all things." Maybe I have not expanded on this enough.
Any insight? [smiley=undecided.gif]

If you really need the Bible to confirm righteous-doing, then try reading this:

GENESIS

29And God said: 'Behold, I have given you every herb yielding seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed--to you it shall be for food;

30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is a living soul, [I have given] every green herb for food.' And it was so.

Also, educate thyself on animal treatment and rights and see then if you're still interested in meat-eating at all. Its disgusting.

One love

Marneenaw

« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2005, 09:00:55 PM »

Peace Vibe! [smiley=smiley.gif]
Thank you for your response.  I do not eat meat for self and scientific reasons. I was just pointing out that I saw that and it kinda seemed contradictive or I just did not overstand it correctly.  That is immoral (I think) to eat meat. Why does an innocent being of God have to die in order for me to live. There are many other ways to sustain a healthy life other than ingesting  decaying carcass (sorry for the graph but thats the only way people get it sometime). Let the animals live their lives freely I think. We don't need them to provide us [smiley=smiley.gif] with protien. Eat what they eat! Veggies

What about Genisis9:3? [smiley=huh.gif] is that why some rastas eat meat?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 09:05:16 PM by Marneenaw »

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2005, 11:08:09 PM »

Peace Vibe! [smiley=smiley.gif]
 Thank you for your response.  I do not eat meat for self and scientific reasons. I was just pointing out that I saw that and it kinda seemed contradictive or I just did not overstand it correctly.  That is immoral (I think) to eat meat. Why does an innocent being of God have to die in order for me to live. There are many other ways to sustain a healthy life other than ingesting  decaying carcass (sorry for the graph but thats the only way people get it sometime). Let the animals live their lives freely I think. We don't need them to provide us [smiley=smiley.gif] with protien. Eat what they eat! Veggies

What about Genisis9:3? [smiley=huh.gif] is that why some rastas eat meat?

I've never heard of any authentic Rastas eating meat. The farthest stretch of that I've personally heard of is McDonalds fish, which is still pretty bad, but never red or white meat. Though I have heard sheep in the lions coat trying to pass off as Rasta whom have not yet switched up their livity, and I think that says enough about them.

Keep in mind though that the Bible should never be taken too literally. This leads to war and confusion. But on a deeper note, keep it remembered that the only literate people in those times were rich white men. Its holy mythology. Though I have no doubt that there are good things to be pulled from there.

One love

Marneenaw

« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2005, 02:57:40 PM »

Greetings Vibe,
          Thank you for your coments and I really appreciate your insight Brudda.
          Much love to you and your family. JAH bless! [smiley=cheesy.gif]

Ras Saadon

• Veteran User
  • Deuteronomy 30:19
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2005, 03:45:03 PM »

Marneenaw, Genesis 9:3 could be an excuse to eat meat only if you take it out of contacts.

Jah allowed Noah and his family to eat meat only becuase the flood downstroyed all the plants, so in order to survive they had to eat meat, that means that if our life is in danger and meat is the only thing that an save InI then InI can eat it.

People decided to take it out of contacts and say that Jah allowed men to eat meat.
Iman actually confronted a Rabi about this subject and he started to make all these lame excuses.. it is men's will that distorted the word of Jah.
"No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge the ways of God." His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I.

Marneenaw

« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2005, 02:28:15 PM »

Saadon your mind is beautiful! That makes perfect sense! seen thank you so much [smiley=grin.gif]! the bible is so hard to disect alot of times for me and thats why I praise Jah for directing me here in my time of confusion and journey to further understanding of his design for our existance.

[smiley=smiley.gif]Jah Bless

Ras Saadon

• Veteran User
  • Deuteronomy 30:19
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2005, 06:02:46 PM »

Thank you sistren [smiley=grin.gif].
Seen, the Ible could be really hard to overstand at times, but when the time is right the knowledge will come and InI will see the truth behind the words.
"No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge the ways of God." His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I.

Ash-Tree

• Veteran User
  • E.M.HTP
    • Ayahuasca Art
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2005, 07:59:39 PM »

yes more fiyah tal
those words are of wisdom.
every scenario is listed in the bible for us to learn from.
jah love Ashley
www.Amazonian-art.com Ayahuasca Shamanic Dream art for sale. Paint your Dream or Vision Custom for you, Original Art

SmG

« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2005, 10:56:12 PM »

I no know if it is possible for you Brother SMG... But I eat I breakfast in the morning, go to the brainwash (one must be aware, all the time what them teachers are sayin u know..) and no eat anything before I get home... It was hard in the beginning but after a while you get used to not eating in 8 hours. The food in school are PACKED WITH POISON Brother even the vegitarian one.

Jah Bless

Man that is not an option for me.. I am ALWAYS hungry, and I cant stand 8 hours with no food..

Jah Love

Soul-Jah

• Veteran User
  • man wombman child is the true trinity
« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2005, 12:56:46 AM »

greetings in the name of the ivine majesty
just thought id add my 2 cents

rasta livity is really simple, but we make things complicated, guess thats just human nature, this is how simple it is

THOU SHALL NOT KILL

peace and love
We believe in cooperation and collaboration to promote the cause of international security, the equality of man and the welfare of mankind.
 H.I.M JAH RASTAFARI
INI WALK IN ONENESS
BLESSED LOVE
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.