Poll

Can someone be Catholic and Rasta?

Yes
- 5 (16.7%)
No
- 25 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Can someone be Catholic and Rasta?  (Read 18231 times)

herbsman

• Veteran User
  • BAST....AUSUR ..AUSET...TUT-M OSES...AMN-HTP. ..Ra'
Re: Can someone be Catholic and Rasta?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2004, 06:07:49 PM »

member "jonaGus"=     forgot / lost Iselfs mind for a second...

here I as a Man go...............

GAD     12 tribe of Is-Rael

I as a Mans color = RED

I as a Man = SHALL OVERCOME

written in da DIAMOND stone

bodypart= REPRO- SYSTEM

I as a Man STAND next to da tribe JUDAH

carved in da Sardius stone

JuDAH =  praises to JAH

yes jonaGus I as a Man REASON with Iselfs tribe and JUDAHs

does this shed light on I as a Man.......................if NO  please private message I

p.s. = what about the 13th tribe (LEVI) which had NO-Land..............what does Idren think about this ???

peace from bredren MICHAEL
The Secret Gates of the House of AUSUR..SEKHET-ARU.....15 Aats..........the ax is the ADZ ...!!!...ASES Amentet....MENUQET ...!!!

JonaGus

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2004, 09:22:31 PM »

I as a Man take great Insult to any Man or womb-Man that tries to state that catholics or christians are part of Ras Tafari.

OK, so you are offended. The question is, can you really define Rastafari in such a way to exclude them? Many Rastas would not agree with a very strict definition of Rastafari, with statements like "you must believe X" and "you must not believe Y." Do you see the problem?

this is In-correct teachIngs you are spreading.

I am not spreading ANY teachings! I said that the inclusion or exclusion of any group from Rastafari (in this case, Catholics) depends on the definition of Rastafari, i.e. what it may include and what it may not include. I gave an example of a Twelve Tribesman's definition of Rastafari, a loose definition, and showed how a Catholic can easily fit into a loose definition.

Perhaps you want a stricter definition? What do you say with the Rastas who disagree with you, then?

da biggest REASONING beIng that italian   ASSAULTED Ethiopia

What I find interesting about this, however, is that the same Mussolini who tried to conquer Ethiopia was simultaneously brutalizing Italian Catholics back home. Did you know that? Did you know that Mussolini used to beat, torture, and kill Italian Catholics, even before his drive into Ethiopia? It's interesting, because it just goes to show that this is something Catholics would have in common with Ethiopians: being persecuted by Mussolini.

Certainly his imperial majesty, Haile Selassie I, never blamed the Catholic Church for what Mussolini did, because the glorious emperor of Ethiopia frequently worked together with the Catholic popes long after Mussolini was gone.

And, of course, you're still ignoring the fact that the overwhelming majority of Catholics are not Italians. In fact, as I said before, 110 million (probably more!) Catholics are native Africans. In other words, at least one in ten Catholics is an African. And some, judging by the news I see, hold very high positions in the Catholic Church, like Cardinal Arinze. There are even Catholic Ethiopians.

But this is all tangential. The real question is whether a Catholic can be a Rasta. And judging by some Rastas' definition of Rastafari, they certainly can. Other Rastas, like yourself, disagree. So my question is: who determines whether the definition of Rastafari will be strict or loose? I doubt all Rastas would agree, given how varied the movement is.

staci

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2004, 10:25:03 PM »

I would say no you cannot be both but maybe you could be catholic and support and uphold the ways of rastafari.  But i do not see how you could combine the too.  that is my point of view.

alex

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2004, 12:47:52 AM »

jongus dont give me that bull shit YOU CANT BE RASTA AND CATHOLIC

JonaGus

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2004, 12:52:25 AM »

jongus dont give me that bull shit YOU CANT BE RASTA AND CATHOLIC

That depends on your definition of "Rasta." What is a Rasta? What must a person believe or do to be a Rasta? What must a person not believe or do to be a Rasta? Different Rastas give very different answers to those questions. Rastafari is an extremely diverse movement. Not all Rastas believe the same things.

herbsman

• Veteran User
  • BAST....AUSUR ..AUSET...TUT-M OSES...AMN-HTP. ..Ra'
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2004, 02:31:20 PM »

member "jonaHGus"=     greeting

I as a Man find it verily rude when members keep RE-HASHING what I as a Man said.

Do you not OverStand I as a Man can do this  also.

why would the I do this?   EverythIng I said is ONE CLICK away.

when any members inset I quotes, it shows I as a Man that all you want to do is RE-HASH.

REASON with InI without re-HASHIng.  MOVE FOR-Ward   never BACK.............

member "alex"=    Idren (you)   make I as a Man roll Insisde..........
                         keep hold of that PASSION alex........................

Idre (you) have da making of a LION..............become da LION and then Idre (you)   may be come Da Lamb-man..............

peace from brother MICHAEL

IF Idren (you )  tell I as a Man that I said that I as a Man will remember.

If I as a Man do not remember InI will click ONE button to refresh Iselfs MIND.

I as a Man will not REASON with brother an sisTAHs who keep inserting quotes.
The Secret Gates of the House of AUSUR..SEKHET-ARU.....15 Aats..........the ax is the ADZ ...!!!...ASES Amentet....MENUQET ...!!!

sister_makeda

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2004, 03:59:47 PM »

greetings idren, through the most high love of H.I.M.
Most people whom live the livethy of a rastaman or daughter, see Haile Sellassie the first as the through and living God. So that will be in contradiction with the believes of a catholic believer. There are a lot of contradictions between rasta believes & catholic. One mentioned before is how I&I look at the pope. I&I call him the anti-christ. Either you are rasta or catholic. It's not possible to be both.
One perfect love, sister makeda

JonaGus

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2004, 10:17:59 PM »

Most people whom live the livety of a rastaman or daughter, see Haile Sellassie the first as the through [true?] and living God.

Rastas of the Twelve Tribes of Israel house, one of the largest groups of Rastas in the world, do not believe his imperial majesty Selassie I is divine. There are very diverse views on Selassie within Rastafari worldwide.

There are a lot of contradictions between rasta believes & catholic. One mentioned before is how I&I look at the pope.

Your statement assumes that viewing the pope as the antichrist is an essential and defining doctrine of Rastafari. But not all Rastas consider that an essential and defining doctrine of Rastafari. So I don't think the answer to the question is that simple.

It is the definition of Rastafari that makes the difference.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2004, 11:57:20 PM »

Rastafari means head creator
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

LioninBabylon

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2004, 10:25:13 AM »

Rasta's fight Babylon, The Catholic establishment is one of babylons greater tools!!

wailers

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2004, 09:31:50 PM »

JonaGus has a good point.

remember not all catholics are ignorant bad people. i think some here might be mistaking  human beings for a babylonian system.

maybe there could be catholics who fulfil the requirements of essentially being rasta (peace unity and love) but do not reckonize his majesty as king. they're just coming to the same point from a different angle?

though i can well see how some people view the subject due to history and such evils such as the slave trade. or am i getting mixed up now?

alex

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2004, 09:43:31 PM »

wailers..catholics have had 2000 years for unity,love,peace..they have caused diease murder and wars..that is not rasta

JonaGus

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2004, 10:27:49 PM »

Rastafari means head creator

This is a common belief, but not exactly accurate. "Teferi" means "fearsome" or "one who inspires fear."

malachi_and_I

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2009, 09:37:53 PM »

Seems I came to this topic 5 years later but I-man wish to respond.  It would not be reasonable to call I-self a Rasta and a Catholic although the two overstandings of life have many core values and similarities that r ignored mostly by Rasta.  I-man notice that love,peace and overstanding are promoted by both at least in teaching.  The Roman Church has done wickedness against their teaching but also have done a great amount of good in favor of it. 
Presently it is one of the few Churches that still ban the use of contraception as an evil.  Rasta know this too.
Catholic church stand against homosexuality as a sin as do Rasta.
Abortion is another sin which both "orthodox" Rasta and Catholic Church oppose. 

Sizzla Kalonji seems to have misunderstood who is doing what.  The pope and the Queen of England are certainly not in a conspiracy.  Anglicans (the Church of England. . . the country who "founded" Jamaica) are a separate religion who broke away from Catholic when the pope wouldn't grant Henry the VIII a divorce.  It blasphemously tied the King of England into deciding theology and religious dogma.  Catholics do not have priest who openly practice homosexuality or female priestesses.  If Catholic priests are living secret lives or most especially molesting children woe be unto their souls.  They will be judged even more harshly by God for they abused their power and hurt those most vulnerable all in the guise of being teacher of Jah truth. 

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2009, 05:33:50 PM »

Given that Ras a bun Vatican from as long as I can remember, A catholic Rasta ??  That would be indeed as rare as hens teeth!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 24 queries.