Poll

Can someone be Catholic and Rasta?

Yes
- 5 (16.7%)
No
- 25 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Can someone be Catholic and Rasta?  (Read 18217 times)

prophet777

• Senior User
Re: Can someone be Catholic and Rasta?
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2009, 09:40:00 PM »

Can a cat be a cat and a dog at the same time ? Just an example to make it easier fe answer the question for your selves.

p7
ME NAH COM' FE BOW - ME COM' FE CONQUER !!

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2009, 01:50:37 AM »

That depends on your definition of "Rasta." What is a Rasta? What must a person believe or do to be a Rasta? What must a person not believe or do to be a Rasta? Different Rastas give very different answers to those questions. Rastafari is an extremely diverse movement. Not all Rastas believe the same things.

I'm with you, JonaGus.

I would say that you cannot be so close-minded as to exclude all Catholics out-of-hand and so reactive as to name-call over the thing and be Ras'.

I would say you cannot make hard fast rules about a person's relationship with Jah and be Ras'.

What is the point in being exclusionary?
Where is the OneLove?

Bless up.

prophet777

• Senior User
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2009, 03:22:00 AM »

Rasta is not about "believing." You either are Rasta or not. Your actions will speak for them-self. I am not talking about Ras' I am talking about RASTA. You are either born one or not. It is not something you become: You are it or not. Everyone has to find that out for themselves. Simple. Rasta is no religion you step in to. It is a way of life.

Not matter what different opinions Rasta have they will tell you one thing i.e., Rasta is not no religion.
It is not bound down by the rules of man.

Catholics and christian would never accept Selassie as being the KING OF KINGS, Conquering lion from the tribe of Judah. The very same ONE mentioned in revelations. So how them Rasta ?

p7
Posted on: March 13, 2009, 02:27:20 AM
Instead they wanna come here with them doctrines of christ - mass and downpress I King. How them Rasta ?
Like I said them actions speak for them-self and no-one else. Them need fe step off this forum and go back to them doctrines. You can not have two "masters" over you. You can not be two different people. One. That is the one love I and I talk about. It starts by getting to know who you are. By getting to love yourself. Only then can you spread real love and not talk about it. I and I have One King. One Ruler. One Elect.

Don't your bible tell you that ? Does not your Jesus tell you that ? A cat will never be able to bark and a dog will never be able to "meow" even though they both have four paws and a tail. A cow can not fly and a bird cannot chew the cud. Either it is a bird or a donkey. Either you are Rasta or just confused.

p7
Posted on: March 13, 2009, 02:40:15 AM
So that being said I guess you will all wait again till I sign off/log off in order to cause more confusion. It seems you all stop posting when I am here to respond to your confusion. Wolves in sheep clothing. When the "mini - boss" come them all keep silent. What you gonna do when the real BOSS come ?

You all up here praising each other and trying to make people think you got it going on but, you don't. Rasta see through the lies. We are not blind. We have dealt with the likes of you during slavery, after slavery, and today we are still deal with you - in our way. And although you think you can fool the mass - you can't. You have been exposed. You all are just an open book that has been read many a times. Nothing new. Indeed, you are fooling yourselves by believing the "truth" you talk about.

Go ahead and ask the majority on this site what them site. LOL. You'd be surprised.

p7
Posted on: March 13, 2009, 02:57:31 AM
Just like a bunch of battybwoys trying fe tell I that it is normal being a battybwoy and a man at the same time. That is sick.

p7
Posted on: March 13, 2009, 03:09:52 AM
Can a battybwoy be Rasta (just an example) ? This is what you all seem to be implying and if we accept such then soon it will get to be such.
Soon it will get to that point if we nah react to such confusion. Soon there will be thread asking that same question. As soon as the wolves in sheep clothing step in and no-one respond to that confusion. Most of you take this too lightly. This a serious thing. Rasta is Rasta and Christian are Christian. Jew are Jew and Catholic are Catholic. Dog is dog and cat is cat. Get that straight.

p7
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 03:35:11 AM by prophet777 »
ME NAH COM' FE BOW - ME COM' FE CONQUER !!

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2009, 03:57:14 PM »

Taking up the point made by Natty Thread and Jonah Gus.

The question is can someone be catholic and Rasta,
The answer to that is no!

The point regarding the 12 tribes is irrelevant, because they themselves claim they are christian! However, in terms of being excluding catholics, I think that is a false point. If the one repents their catholic way and start to express a rasta livity and genuinely start the Rasta trod, then that person isn't (and cannot be) excluded. However the person cannot be catholic and claim to be Rasta, even I know that cannot work!

But at the end of the day, is it not the Head Creator who judges? and not men. (Judge not, lest ye be judged, remember that little gem?) 
It is the works that one performs that is important not just words! The real question ought to be; Can a person do good works and don't praise god?  Can a non believer be saved by the good works they do, and if they can, then why bother believing in anything? Why not just do good works?

Rasdave21

• Full User
  • 2012 ascension is near---awaken
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2010, 10:36:19 PM »

Rasta is anti Rome so how could a fellow bredren be catholic and support Rome? A catholic can be a good person and I have catholic friends who I enjoy reasoning with but they could never be rasta because they follow the roman canon and rasta follow H.I.M and yeshua Christ not roman Jesus version seen

Namsate
www.myspace.com/elementree1

CHECK OUT MY MUSIC!!

blazekief91

• Standard User
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2010, 04:19:14 PM »

Many of us have non-Rasta roots that generated our faith in Yeshua to begin with. I don't think that it would be sensible to call oneself Catholic, as well as Rasta, as the Catholic church would undoubtedly reject I view of H.I.M. However, I was raised Catholic and eventually discovered Rasta and embraced Rasta Livity. Does it make I any less Rasta to attend mass for an occasional reflection on how to lead a righteous life? I think not. How can I and I judge one another for the church I attends, considering even H.I.M. attended one? I feel that Rasta is entirely compatible with church attendance, as long as I and I stick firmly to I beliefs.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 24 queries.