News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Negril  (Read 1511 times)

Slovakidread

• New User
Negril
« on: September 27, 2009, 02:39:55 AM »

Yes I!

Have any of di I's ever been to the rasta city of Negril? I mon just got my passport and am considering making this blessed journey.  I&I idrens who have been there have said it's imazing, and many ites bredrens just walk the beach, and will even sell you some ithentic rasta products while dem chat with you.  I mon want to know though, how will an I like iself function as my english is not so fine.

Also, one I from Canada warned di I about "rent a dreads. " What is a rent a dread? is someone who makes dreadlock wig?

Peace_Loving

• Regular User
Re: Negril
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 11:12:20 AM »

Hello!
In my opinion, you will find more rastas in the hills in Jamaica.  It may be possible to start in Negril to locate them as they sometimes come to sell the herb but they generally will not hang out in Babylon city.  Negril is a big party city and the "rent a dreads" are those who wear locks for the tourists and are not necessarily true rasta.  We go to Jamaica every year but go to the northeast coast, Port Antonio...very few tourists where you'll find true Jamaican culture away from the tourists.  I've been to Negril once but do not have much desire to return.  If you can travel to the mountains, for sure you'll find the rasta culture.  They will know you.

Jamaica is a wonderful country rich in people and culture.  If you go, I hope you have a blessed time as we do each year...be open to the spirit of Jamaica.

Peace and blessings!

Slovakidread

• New User
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 04:57:02 PM »

Blessings,
thanks for the information istren!

A few years ago I mon and Ras Kanye went to Kingston.  At the time I did not site up Rasta, but di mon went to some rasta gathering with the elder Lee Perry at some rasta venue called "Asylum. " But I mon did not feel like going and went to a place called Portmore.  While I was there I met this man who called himself Vybz Kartel.  Lord it was rough, he asked something about "Gaza" but since english not so good I didn't answer, and Kartel and his crew thump me in face and threaten to take me to place called Romping Shop.  Ever since I scared to go back to portmore, but Negril has sounded ites.  Could you tell di I more about Port Intonio? Perhaps i mon venture dey pon instead.

Peace_Loving

• Regular User
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 08:02:38 PM »

Portmore is on the southcoast just west of Kingston.  I like to go to Portland parish (or state if you will) to the town of Port Antonio (northcoast facing the ocean).  It is very laid back and the people are wonderful.  There are many sites to see such as waterfalls, and river rafting, Bath with mineral springs, and many people to chat with.  Just east on the coast is Boston Bay and then Long Bay where you will find rastas, too.  You can have reasoning sessions on the beach at night with a bonfire.  We've fallen in love with this area and are learning, educating ourselves in rasta ways.  You can fly into Kingston and go through the mountains to Port Antonio or take the coastal route, very beautiful!  There is so much that we haven't seen yet but hope to explore in upcoming years. 

Bless and good luck with your journey!

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 21 queries.