Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: new to the rastafarian movement  (Read 1060 times)

louis

• Newbie User
new to the rastafarian movement
« on: September 29, 2009, 10:45:28 PM »

i am new to the Rastafarian movement and would like a push in the right direction, i have listened to reggae for ages and have always loved the chilled out peaceful vibe it portrays along  side strong beliefs.  i have recently been looking for some way of looking to something as i have never really had time to really find out who i am.  based around my love for music and reggae in particular i have recently been researching the Rastafarian movement and it has really drawn me in and i am wanting to know more about the origins and how i can follow the movement properly without me just taking this highly respected and peaceful for just a bit of fun.
please give me some guidance into how i can research more and how i can follow properly.  from the research i have already done i chose 5 years ago that  i would stop eating meat and i am just starting to eat the proper foods so i am trying to take this serious.
if you can help that would be much appreciated thank you and bless to all

Coyote

• Standard User
Re: new to the rastafarian movement
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 11:20:15 PM »

i am new to the Rastafarian movement and would like a push in the right direction, i have listened to reggae for ages and have always loved the chilled out peaceful vibe it portrays along  side strong beliefs.  i have recently been looking for some way of looking to something as i have never really had time to really find out who i am.  based around my love for music and reggae in particular i have recently been researching the Rastafarian movement and it has really drawn me in and i am wanting to know more about the origins and how i can follow the movement properly without me just taking this highly respected and peaceful for just a bit of fun.
please give me some guidance into how i can research more and how i can follow properly.  from the research i have already done i chose 5 years ago that  i would stop eating meat and i am just starting to eat the proper foods so i am trying to take this serious.
if you can help that would be much appreciated thank you and bless to all

Hi Louis. I'm new here also.

Like you I came to learn in a respectful way.
I'm of mixed Native American/White descent myself and also a huge fan of Reggae - especially the sage-words of Bob Marley, I have found myself drawn strongly to the RastafarI ways.

I'm here to learn what I can from those who share here.
I wish you well on your quest for overstanding.

Mike

rasdan

• Newbie User
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 03:13:16 AM »

hello ,am new too,dont even know how to put up a post.

godson

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 03:09:07 AM »

first of all lets realize thats its about more than the music although the music creates a good vibe. . . . spiritually you should check out the story of Samson in Judges 13, this should shed some light on the growth of hair. . . . . know that it is a science of how to live life and is deeper than just lingo. . . the smoking of herb should be a peaceful thing its not to be abused, and no you dont have to smoke but when your eyes are opened why would you choose to close them. . . . . personally i do have some issues im not perfect but i consider myself more like David than Solomon, and a man of JAH's own heart. . . . remember this all starts as you recognize that you are from one of 12 Tribes of Jacob, specifically the Tribe of Judah which means "praise" whose lineage consists of King David, Solomon, Queen Sheba and eventually Yeshewa (Jesus) this is why there is Judaism in ethiopia, so unlike other religions there is no church because RASTA in my opinion is based on a RELATIONSHIP with JAH that is personal you dont need formal rules as such because JAH lets you know what is right and wrong, so that is the reason for "I and I" to express how JAH walks with you in your daily relationship, since you have JAH with you Joshua 1:9 so i would say to be a good rasta is to have some old jewish ways in terms of diet and lifestyle, no grape products, cutting of hair, no eating of scavengers, like i said to get a better idea check out samsons' story now i could be wrong about some things but the reason why i call myself rasta is because it tends to fit more in place with what i believe to be right by JAH and fellow man, and i want to be close to Jah so i read the Bible (Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth) and use it as a guide, so somethings i do have issue with but for the most part this is a better living and awareness way to live life , it literally sets you free. . . . .

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 21 queries.