Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: 2 Questions  (Read 1810 times)

SDreggae

• Normal User
2 Questions
« on: October 11, 2009, 08:47:05 PM »

InI going to post two questions in one post so that it does not take more space than it needs to. These are probably simply questions but they have crossed my mind and InI would like a more in depth answer to them by someone more experienced.

1. What are Rasta's views on evolution? Do we consider it blasphemy like other religions or is there more tolerance for it?

2. Would people who believe in other religions be accepted into Heaven/Zion or just Rasta?

Many Thanks,

Bless Up

-D
“To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death.   ” - Peter Tosh

"Well, until this very day, I'm still learning.   " - Dennis Brown

surfmon_I

Re: 2 Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 09:29:52 PM »

Greetings SD,
  If experienced is sharing what has been learned, and by all means, is an on going process, then please accept what i have learned.

1.  ~Rastafari view on I-volution would be looked at from the Guiding Light whom is RasTafari.  Therefore, it would be rooted in the Ible.  Wether one would take the book of Genisis as Exoteric, and original- well I dont know how to answer that.  A reason for this is because there are many Rastafari that sight the Ible but see the other side of the story written.  Wether if taken as I-story from what has been hidden, through research, or viewing the meaning as esoteric.  Basically, from dust to dust.  But....what is life?, I~volution is the generation of life from what is constant in the universe, and on this plane there is not death.  Evolution seen as growth and accumulation of knowledge mixed with adaptation through trial and error.

2.  Heaven...Zion,,,peace and Love.  Do Rastafari have the exclusive right to get in ?.  If the law is written on the heart of man, does not every one have a chance to get in?.  It is sort of tied to evolution in the sense that humankind has been trodding on, living an ever changing, self inflicted busy-ness that has increased technology and removed them from nature.  We are told that in order to become allowed this peace there is only a very narrow and difficult way for each of us.  

Give Thanks
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 09:32:05 PM by surfmon_I »

rootsridge

• Senior User
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 05:40:28 PM »

BEAUTIFULLY put surfmon,

if InI may add Iman Ipinions.

1. Evolution,, We know through mordern research [which we have to embrace also] that animals and plants evolve, so called "survival of the fittest". I personally belive that everything evolves, but does this prove god does not exsist? OF COURSE NOT, the end answer to every question, is that JAH did it , u seen?! :).. An example of Human evolution, is that we (over hundreds of years) have got taller. Even only a few hundred years we have got on average a foot taller. HOWEVER, we humans did not evolve from apes and chimps? why is there still apes and chimps alive today? why havent they evolved into humans? Bless.

2) Every man has a right to enter zion.. For example, if you were born, into a Islamic family, in the slums of Islamabad Pakistan, would you be a rasta man? I think it would be silly to say you would be Rasta..
On where and HOW we grow up, determines alot of our viewpoints. :).  Rasta's in the western world [europe-americas,+jamaica etc] generally have access to music, marley, reggae. which is big big influencing factors.

Great two questions you have picked up here my brother, and a really good reasoning session we can have on them! :)

Stay blessed and positive

RootsRidge :)

Selah
ONLINE REGGAE DJ
http://www.ukreggaeguide.co.uk/radio/

i am doing a show every saturday from 8pm (GMT)
so please tune in and I will play I some reggae music!!

SDreggae

• Normal User
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 02:28:54 AM »

HOWEVER, we humans did not evolve from apes and chimps? why is there still apes and chimps alive today? why havent they evolved into humans? Bless.

Ini think it is possible, and Ini think that this is a fact somwhere, that Ini were evovled from apes/chimps but they were split up into two directions. One gene evolved into Humans and one stayed ape. A new theory is that we "de-evolved" into apes/chimps and then evolved back and created apes/chimps our self. Sorry if this is confusing.

Bless Up

-D
“To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death.   ” - Peter Tosh

"Well, until this very day, I'm still learning.   " - Dennis Brown

surfmon_I

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 05:26:06 AM »

"HOWEVER, we humans did not evolve from apes and chimps? "

is this a question?, the way this is written, am not sure what is intended.

"why is there still apes and chimps alive today? why haven't they evolved into humans? "

If the miracle combination which made humans more able to adapt and protect themselves for the sake of new generations caused a new branch of apes that were able to make tools and use their brains in a higher function mode, why would a lesser more local, breed of apes have to evolve the same way?.  If they (lower) species were not inclined to move and change or adapt, they would either stay the same or die out.  Just because we are of the same tree, does not mean we serve the same function.  Leaves are not buds , but are part of the same root some where down the trunk.

fluke

• New User
  • UKSUSclan
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 04:31:58 PM »

how-how many words.  pipl!

smoke and smiling!!

1080man

• Full User
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 12:25:34 AM »

InI think the human brain is much much more complicated than any animal.

fluke

• New User
  • UKSUSclan
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 08:55:09 AM »

that's good or bad?

rootsridge

• Senior User
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 10:46:19 AM »

good! :)

Selah
ONLINE REGGAE DJ
http://www.ukreggaeguide.co.uk/radio/

i am doing a show every saturday from 8pm (GMT)
so please tune in and I will play I some reggae music!!

fluke

• New User
  • UKSUSclan
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 11:58:55 AM »

agree
 ::)

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 22 queries.