Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: My Journey  (Read 1379 times)

Poetic-P

• Poe P
  • Newbie User
My Journey
« on: November 03, 2009, 01:07:03 AM »

Lemme introduce myself. . .  My name is Erik, I'm 18, half Italian and half Swedish. . .  I'm a Hip-Hop musician for the love of the music, but also for food on my table. . .

I've been studying Rasta livity for like 4 years now (not very intensively though) and well, now I kinda feel ready for taking the first step.
What I've been thinking about lately though is how important is the spirituality? What I'm saying is, my hair is starting to dread, I eat Ital food, I've learnt to love and respect every single innocent thing/creature around me, and I am very aware of how destructive "babylon" is.  But do I have to be giving praise to the Most High and following the scriptures to call myself Rasta? (I'm not saying I have anything against giving praise, I'm just questioning the importance of it).
Because I have by myself been reasoning on this and well, I somehow believe that being Rasta is more about Love, and praising the earth the lord made, then to praise the lord himself. . .

Would love you alls opinions on this, and maybe some guidance to a young brother.

ONE LOVE! //E

One Love. . .

surfmon_I

Re: My Journey
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 01:18:41 PM »

Greetings Eric,
  Spirituality is relationship we each have with our surroundings.  Seen and un~seen, Physical and non~physical.  It is the deep rooted sense of place or connection to our environment.  It may or may not be the driving force for some, but most people need to attach themselves to a system of things.  There are rare few people that feel and know the space between is filled with a fluid force of colliding relatvie orbits.  It is many things to many people, get in touch with it through your own breath.  Slow down and detach from what is preconceived.  Find the riddem withIN.
  To "praise" the Earth is, perhaps the wrong word, because why would we praise a product with out the recognition of its maker.  We may feel an attachment to this existence, but it is not this life which is our own.  We share our lives with the many that surround us, so to say "MY Journey" is to seperate your journey from "Mine".  We are one, and so your journey IS my journey.  Listen and think closely to when an elder usues InI, it is usually not ever indicating singularity, it is a single withIn the ALL, therefore many.  We may get caught up in language, but it is truly the message which is most Important. 
  Quote: " I somehow believe that being Rasta is more about Love, and praising the earth the lord made, then to praise the lord himself. . . "    It is a common thing to get caught up in the feeling of love and connection to the earth along with ... "praising",  What about the struggle of the ones that have stood up at the the gates so that the future generations may walk through?.

Batter to Give Thanks and get in touch with the riddem of life, the reality of that which is worth fighting for than to have it taken from you by pre digested dogma.

Many Humble Thanks for sharing a well written, honest thread.
Guidance in HIM

Poetic-P

• Poe P
  • Newbie User
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 04:28:21 AM »

Aha! So what you're saying is that by following the teachings, spirituality will come to InI?
Correct me if I am wrong, its just my interpretation.

I have slept on, and laid down alot of thoughts on this, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your wise answer, it has opened alot of doors for me.

Peace! //E
One Love. . .

lm123

• Regular User
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 10:46:51 PM »

u ust praise jah rastafari to be rasta

Poetic-P

• Poe P
  • Newbie User
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 04:16:39 AM »

I'm not so sure thats what its all about Im123. . .
Posted on: November 15, 2009, 03:58:39 PM
"He who sows the ground with care and diligence acquires greater stock of religious merit than he could gain by the repetition of ten thousand prayers. "

/Zoroaster, Zendavesta
One Love. . .

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 21 queries.