Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Rastafari 101  (Read 2560 times)

MrScott

Rastafari 101
« on: November 11, 2009, 07:40:47 PM »

Hey there, first time poster here.  I've recently begun to look into the teachings, beliefs and culture of the Rastafari.  I've learnt a few basic things so far but I wish to ask some questions and learn more about the culture (I'm sorry if I'm asking any questions that may have been posted in previous topics, I realise it isn't too good for bandwidth costs but I'd rather ask what I need to ask and get a direct and clear answer. )

So, my first question.  I know that the Rastafari teachings do not discriminate against white people and embrace people of all cultures and races all over the world.  So why does it seem that there are no white or asian Rastafari around? Is it because the word is spread and accepted easier through black communities? Or is it simply that non-black people would feel out of place in a culture with such heavy African influence?

Secondly, do Rastafari have their own scriptures, seeing as they reject the teachings, beliefs and hierarchy of the white christians?

Thirdly, the physical appearance of Rastafari.  I have found that many Rastafari seem to dress and speak in a similar fasion, as if to represent their culture.  Is this a requirement of being a Rastafari?

And finally, how does one become a Rastafari? I know it is through enlightening yourself to the truth about the world around you, but how do you know you have reached this level of enlightenment?

Personally, I consider myself to know what I deem "the truth".  This being that all western civilisations are corrupt, greedy and have a system in place used by the government and major religious leaders to control, consume and hide people from this truth to prevent rebellion, all for the purpose of their own profits.  I have founded these beliefs ever since becoming a regular user of cannabis, I find that these thoughts come to me when I smoke by myself and reflect on the world and how it works and I believe this is why the governments of major western nations have banned the use of cannabis, to prevent people from having the ability to sit down, think about the world in a higher state of mind and realise just how much these dirty people are destroying the world around us and destroying natural human culture.

Thank you for taking the time to read my questions, and please excuse the rant, I do tend to go off on one when I talk about this sort of stuff, lol.  ;D

matt-rastaman

• New User
  • Jah bless
Re: Rastafari 101
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 07:45:42 PM »

there are white Rastafarian's its just that Rastafarian's are stereotypically black and i don't think many white people realize that they can be Rastafarian

I'm sorry i don't know how to answer the other three questions but i would like to learn the answers
There are many causes for which i am willing to die for but none that i am willing to kill for.

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
Re: Rastafari 101
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 06:20:18 AM »

Know yourself roots, culture, history
Yes the "too Black"
My Dad is a Historian, ex-librarian, He check I Love -RastafarI trod and tell "its too black for I"
If you havent been brought up roots style, or your skin not dark nor Israel vibes not your thing
how can you appricilove the culture?
it is about breaking down walls and prejudices and acknowledging and honouring  the past while working RASponsibly for the future all the while anchored firmly in the Present
If HIM speaks to you you will know
why not just focus on being yourself and explore what interests you?
Perfect Love is for everyone
Nyah
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.