Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Newie question help  (Read 1653 times)

belleboo

Newie question help
« on: January 03, 2010, 09:36:00 AM »

Dear All
           Iam new to this site Jah is calling me and iam coming.  i have many family members who are rastas and follow upon it strickly but they live aborad or up in the country, and some who just grow the dreadlocks but still eat pork! this yr is a new yr for me and i want guidance into ratsafarism.  I have stop eating pork and i know i have a bit of way to go before i just eat itals food lol.  because my body is use to meat,pork,chicken any many other foods but i have decided on pork first.  i know its not just about what you eat, thats why iam on this site to get teachings from others, as i dont know where to start.  someone please help thank you.

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
Re: Newie question help
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 06:45:55 PM »

You know the basics. Love HIM. Don't kill. Don't steal. Be upright and honest. Love your neighbor.

No-one can really make you do it only you yourself.

Redge

• Bless'ed love all Jah Children
  • Regular User
  • In jah we trust
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 03:14:38 PM »

bless up me idren

iman a bless up HIM
ya gots keep de fiyah bunin
ya sin?

i'man started ini trod to i'self
in de same mata
an what i'self learned was
RAS is not bout rules an regulations
we not a system
RAS is bout
bless healing of dem nation
one world
ya gwan?

ya gota bless HIM
trod on dem road to i'self
but bless up idren
blaze up de fiyah
HIMs sacred herb

jah bless lion
welcome to RASTAFARIIIIII
one love bredrin :)
"a man with no past is a tree with no roots if you dont know where you came from where do you go?"

BabylonBun

• [▓▓░░▒▒]
  • Normal User
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 07:55:55 AM »

Praise ye Jah Hail di emperor Our King of kings To a fullness ave to express Jah that always been.

Just like Ashumba I am naw gon turn an recant
Another in Selassie I name A no Malcolm X an
Martin Luther dis An Sizzla whey come fi trick
Alla yuh tricks I see Bob Marley rise
An unu kill de prophet Why yuh don't
Kill those Standing on yuh pulpits
You use dem to steer di minds of di yout An as dey preach di yout cease from knowin di truth Dis is the truth above our circumstances I see how yuh constantly
Building churches
But while yuh church
Defend di slackness as usual
Rasta no mix up with homo
Seeking Ras Tafari

Ras Troy

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 05:13:44 PM »

One love Idren Belleboo,

I over the consuming of flesh to be wrong. I reason if InI body is the moving temple of JAH then I must be pure like JAH. If i consume flesh I body cannot be the temple of JAH but I make I body to be a moving coffin. Another reason is if I cannot give life who am I to take life?

This is just how I over being a moving temple for JAH, for nothing unclean shall enter the gates of zion. I do not hope to offend but only to give some light on the I's question.

JAH bless, Selah

SeaSide79

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 08:24:58 PM »

Aloha. . .

I am a well traveled man. . . Have seen and read about many things in this world. . . Personally and by media, and written word.   I have read some passages here and find myself struggling finding MY truth.  I have emptiness that is very hallowing.  I know sometimes where I should be and shouldn't be by a guiding force.  I am a very strong hearted man that finds love and good in all.  I have some how found myself with this longing to know Jah.  Some say it is in you and needs to find away out.  I believe this as well.  I am however seeking guidance, in the understanding and path to HIM.  I am very tattooed and have heard conflicting things of my body as a temple to HIM.  I eat what I eat being it meat, greens, and such.  I smoke cigarettes and drink liquor.  I know to gain knowledge and his power with in, I must resist certain things.  I want to live my life pure and true.  Not to comfority and society standards, but to my own.  I have read alot about Rastafari and reading is just some of it, I want to live it!! I want to embody his spirit and his teachings.  I want to learn his teachings so I can pass the knowledge of Him to others. 

Shane

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 05:50:13 AM »

Blessed Love,
Other than the volumes of knowledge pon this site
I can offer our site linked @ the bottom of the post that has some key quotes from HIM
Big ups to the I for trodding true
it may not be an easy trod still the rewards on the internal are great
and we be nurturing a mighty mighty tree that will fruit copiously
in the youth for sure
I think a key element from the roots of RastafarI Culture, tho I not be JA or truely Afrocentric as I am granddawta of colonisers pon the great Island called Australia
is to look to elders for guidance and to care for
and tend to the youth, guide them and care for them
Blessed Love
I-Sis Nyah
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.