Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Locks off after 20 years  (Read 1597 times)

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
Locks off after 20 years
« on: February 03, 2010, 03:06:24 AM »

Recently a Rasta Idren here cut off his locks after 20 years.
He says since he was involved in Politrics his locks are polluted and need to go. I have heard of others removing their locks for similer reason.
Anyone know where reasoning comes from?

Human

• Veteran User
Re: Locks off after 20 years
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 02:05:25 PM »

"Anyone know where reasoning comes from?"

When you cut the branches off of a tree does it affect the roots from still not growing strong?  hair is external and principles are forever internal.

surfmon_I

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 03:36:40 PM »

The reasoning may stem from the part of the Nazarite vow that deals with death. This view of seeing or coming upon death transferred onto the sacracy of Locks which calls for the removal and reapplication of the vow a fresh.  Iman also took this to be seen in "death culture", which is that of a ever-nagative view of Humanity.  
  It is also the end of a cycle type catharsis.  
Posted on: February 05, 2010, 06:59:10 PM
 One can not overlook the symbolism in the wearing of Locks.  They become outward symbols of our devotion and commitment.  To loose this is to gain another unseen symbol, the blossoming of the beautiful relationship to the Over~self.  The overself  is much like the cap stone of a pyramid, at this point we have a view and perspective that is now 3 dimensional versus the two dimensional aspect of the way most view life.  
  Not having given in to the  clean shave, I instead gave in to our Daughter.  They have been so patient and truly Overstanding that the time and moment was just as much in her hands as it was in mine.  So ~~~ she chopped clean across the neck line.  
  It is strange to not have 2 feet of hair to tuck into a hat.  And now wearing them, is different.  In some ways the strength is more on an inner level, and not so evident to all, yet we are moving in a new way.  Much of what we have learned still manifests in the direction of the "casual" conversations we have which are not really so casual.  Always cutting to the heart of the matter and how it applies to us All.  
  It is a Beautiful personal declaration of Renewal.  Cleansing.  I find i must not linger too long without the focus I have come accustom to, And so, Give Thanks for the Blessed company of Sistren and  Bredren whom have come back for this moment.
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 03:37:51 PM by surfmon_I »

herbsman

• Veteran User
  • BAST....AUSUR ..AUSET...TUT-M OSES...AMN-HTP. ..Ra'
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 06:22:53 PM »

Greetings in the name of  the GOD of our Father Abraham
              peace be unto you.
 In the Holy books many of christ-men  and christ-wombman  had locks......and not just  some old prophet living in a cave somewhere.....even Kings wore them....according to the Bible....one instance is SAMSON , he was a Great Judge during the time of the judges......He had  7 Locks...didnt he ? Delilah'  got him to tell what gave him his power...they cut his locks...only when they grew back did GOD give him mercy.

I as a man think that reasoning is just a part of people interacting with each other. In short....its just natural. If we were to all just agree on everything , we would be robots. Each man and wombman are diverse.  I as a man have met many of the same sort of people,  yet each and every last  one   was different in their own special sort of way.

peace be with you
MICHAEL     
The Secret Gates of the House of AUSUR..SEKHET-ARU.....15 Aats..........the ax is the ADZ ...!!!...ASES Amentet....MENUQET ...!!!

solrebl

• Newbie User
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 03:04:05 AM »

I'm also in the process of regrowing my locks.  I cut them off 1 years and a half in the process.  I was in Ethiopia at the time.  It was a spiritual, uplifting experience.  I cut 'em because I felt I was moving in a certain direction of my life.  Today, as I look back I feel this was a mistake.  Locks, Rastafari was a big part of my spirtituality.  I guess I just didn't "overstand" it.  People congratulated me, I even felt less of an outsider.  I was not living with or communicating with many other rastas, so that may explain the difficulties I was facing.  Today, it seems the strongest "direction","purpose" I get is with Rastafari.  It is the calming, soothing experience that this meditation brings me.  I feel the call again.  It seems the only real, identifiable part of me left.  I recently experienced a spiritual crisis (after I cut my dreads).  I realized I had demonized the Rastafarian side of myself.  I felt I had "evolved" from it, into a better "me".  But "people" can be viscious and malicious.  After an unpleasurable experience with a person I cared a lot about, I realized what troubled me was that past, those dreadlocks.  I had harbored resentment, shame perhaps at having crossed the bridge of Rastafari. 
I am now understanding these things, as I write them.  When I look into "I", I see the veil of falsitude lifting, there is a struggle for righteousness.  When I hear Bob or feel Rasta, I see clearly again, I see the difference between right and wrong.  That is why I follow this light within myself, these hints of soul.  The light leads me back here.

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.