Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: White brothers and locks  (Read 1022 times)

that cracka

• New User
White brothers and locks
« on: May 11, 2010, 02:33:54 PM »

Greetings am new to Rastafari so bare with me please Idrens if my questions are obvious or repetitive. One way InI have chosen to get closer to H. I. M is to grow locks. I am white and have straight hair and was wondering if any other white brothers on this forum have locks and could share any helpfull tips or things to or not to do. InI also hear beez wax is bad for locks and stays in your hair for years. Any truth to this?And if the wax is bad what else is there to use?If any races have tips or guidance on this matter im all ears,i was originally looking for white bredrins because they overstand my hair type but im here to learn from anyone who has the time to teach. Thank u to all the i's who can show guidance                                                          Jah Bless

Human

• Veteran User
Re: White brothers and locks
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 12:40:47 PM »

Don't do anything but wash your hair...period. Do you want to FEEL what being a Ras is? do you want to understand yourself better as far as strength and weaknesses? do you want to see who your friends really are or not? or do you simply want to have locks on your head, wear red, green and gold, listen to some reggae, smoke some weed, use some "Ras" words to sound cool and claim your a follower of Selassie?

You see my point is this, it is the journey and not the destination that one becomes Rasta, one way of learning this is to take the journey of growing real locks upon your head, I am not talking about beeswax, twisty twisty, 1 week and now rasta locks, 10 steps and how to be rasta crap like so so so many little kids are doing today and there are plenty of them even on here. I am talking about well over a year or more to even start to see an inkling of a knot or strands of your hair growing together, were your hair starts to grow wild and long and you have a daily occurance of stares and looks from people, jobs say no way get out of here, friends say you look terrible and dirty, parents are fed up and want you to cut it or else, but, you start to have a relationship with your hair, you see a birth here and there of hair coming together, knots slowly but surely forming, the inklings of what will eventually be a solid Lock and a relationship only you will understand in time....you are BECOMING more than a wannabe because you are fighting daily for what you believe in, what makes you feel good, you are learning about yourself and your surrounding envoirment, it is not just about the spliff you smoke here and there, the dub tunes you like to play, the Ethiopian colors you want to wear...you are BECOMING more than those material things.

While all these trials and tribulations are happening due to your desire to GROW locks you find comfort in H.I.M. and his words, his trials and tribulations you start to feel for and understand in your own small way, you look upon heartical Rasses with long locks and relate to them better, you start to see how trivial things really are and how just simple hair can bring out all these things in people and yourself...slowly you are BECOMING a Ras, something you can't buy in a store that sells beeswax or natural hair products. You start to pick up books on H.I.M. or research His story more and find comfort in it, you start to see a particular direction you wish your life to go in, job wise, relationship wise, character wise....you are BECOMING a Ras.

Then one day in the future when you are strong and stand tall from all your trials and tribulations, the laughter, the pain, the stares and looks and struggles while GROWING your locks you can hear your favorite tune at a show and pull off your tam and shake them like thunder and shout out "Yes Mi Lion" Rassss Tafariiiiiii !!!!!!

Do nothing to your hair but wash it daily, simple shampoo and conditioner is fine (no, shampoo is not babylon) and don't comb it, dont twist it to further it along, again wait for the relationship to grow and Yes, it will lock and lock like a true champion.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 12:46:57 PM by Human »

that cracka

• New User
Re: White brothers and locks
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 12:35:09 AM »

I see. Never looked at it from that point of view. I see how now it is the journey there that makes Rasses locks so special not the destination to have locks. Wish I started at a younger age,im allready 18. So the hair naturlly starts to grow together at about a year,is that all hair types?And thank u human for your great advise                                                               
                                                                                                                                       JahBless
Posted on: May 12, 2010, 06:05:55 PM
Thank u btw.I realized i only want dreads.I was into rasta but dont think its for me now.Wanting to be Ras this last month has deff bettered me and i appreciate many things now i didnt used to.Eh everything happens for a reason i guess.And ive been missing my bruschis and vodka so screw it lol.Will

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.