Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: To Introduce myself  (Read 1096 times)

Northlion

• Standard User
To Introduce myself
« on: May 27, 2010, 01:44:22 AM »

Greetings in the name of the most high!

Iman would like to start by giving all of you my prayers.

I am from the far north.  From a land filled with lakes and forests.
InI have trodden the path of His Imperial Majesty for three years being now at the age of 18.
Four weeks ago InI gave my vow and took the first step towards that divinity that resides in us all.

Also in this post I would like to give you all a open invitation to reason with me VIA email.  ( jamzaaaa@hotmail. com )
Here in my country I have not found no other who trodds this path and InI feel alone.

Give thanks

rootsridge

• Senior User
Re: To Introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 10:05:51 AM »

greets man

for one there is pros and cons to trodding alone in your area,

i am from north england, where there is not much of a rasta community, but london and the south of england is!

you should see it as a sign of pride and courage and let those who approach you and ask you questions, greet them with an open mind, and break down the faith for them..

its hard and u do get ridiculed, but by that u become stronger,,

your never alone on the internet bro, like this forum for example, skype, msn , email ,, so rasta can talk worldwide

Selah
ONLINE REGGAE DJ
http://www.ukreggaeguide.co.uk/radio/

i am doing a show every saturday from 8pm (GMT)
so please tune in and I will play I some reggae music!!

Northlion

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 12:42:59 AM »

Quote from: rootsridge link=topic=7554. msg75960#msg75960 date=1275041151
greets man

for one there is pros and cons to trodding alone in your area,

i am from north england, where there is not much of a rasta community, but london and the south of england is!

you should see it as a sign of pride and courage and let those who approach you and ask you questions, greet them with an open mind, and break down the faith for them. .

its hard and u do get ridiculed, but by that u become stronger,,

your never alone on the internet bro, like this forum for example, skype, msn , email ,, so rasta can talk worldwide

Selah

Give thanks for your reply!

You are completely right about the constant questioning.  It can get difficult and at times. . .  But to spread the word of his majesty alwys brings a joy to my heart.

the only true con in this situation in my opinion is the fact that there is no-one to reason with in my area and no-one joins me in celebrations therefore i drum alone on important days.
I draw endless comfort out of the fact that sometimes something I say sticks with the person I have spoken with.  Jah power flows through I.

Rastafari!

Racca

• New User
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 10:43:12 PM »

I feel ya bro.  Over here in Alaska, most people here ask "What is a rasta?"
Just look at it like how I am. . . It is about what YOU beleive in. . . that's what matters.  Some may try to judge you and give you grief about it as if your just joking around, but there will always be many that will have their own opinion and most of them will simply stick to that. . . for example, when I tried to explain my faith to an athiest, I couldn't get her to listen.
Also now that I found this website that you have found also, the word alone when it comes to being a rasta wont be a worry anymore :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 10:48:21 PM by Racca »

Northlion

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 03:09:43 AM »

I feel ya bro.  Over here in Alaska, most people here ask "What is a rasta?"
Just look at it like how I am. . . It is about what YOU beleive in. . . that's what matters.  Some may try to judge you and give you grief about it as if your just joking around, but there will always be many that will have their own opinion and most of them will simply stick to that. . . for example, when I tried to explain my faith to an athiest, I couldn't get her to listen.
Also now that I found this website that you have found also, the word alone when it comes to being a rasta wont be a worry anymore :)

Jah walks with InI always and it is good to read your posts!
blessed love

Selah

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 22 queries.