Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: HELP! I'm a New Rasta and Need Advice  (Read 1221 times)

shay_bratcher

• Newbie User
HELP! I'm a New Rasta and Need Advice
« on: May 28, 2010, 02:59:02 AM »

Hi,

I just recently broke off from my family's long line of being Baptist's and have been under constant stress from my sister that what I believe in is all in my mind.  I just want to know the facts of being a Rasta so that I can back myself up at times.  I've researched but would like to talk to actual people about what they do to face other's who are not so accepting of different religions.  For me, I respect and embrace everyone's opinion and what they believe in as I would hope they would do the same for me.  Sadly, that's not always the case =/

Thanks for anyone who can help!

Shay.

Northlion

• Standard User
Re: HELP! I'm a New Rasta and Need Advice
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 08:34:27 AM »

Quote from: shay_bratcher link=topic=7555. msg75953#msg75953 date=1275015542
Hi,

I just recently broke off from my family's long line of being Baptist's and have been under constant stress from my sister that what I believe in is all in my mind.   I just want to know the facts of being a Rasta so that I can back myself up at times.   I've researched but would like to talk to actual people about what they do to face other's who are not so accepting of different religions.   For me, I respect and embrace everyone's opinion and what they believe in as I would hope they would do the same for me.   Sadly, that's not always the case =/

Thanks for anyone who can help!

Shay. 

When Rastafari liveth in ones heart there shall be no need to back up oneself.  Countless are the tricks Babylon tries to trick you with.  Stand firm in your faith!

rebelution_love

• New User
Re: HELP! I'm a New Rasta and Need Advice
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 07:22:42 AM »

If you feel strongly about your beliefs, then you shouldnt seek approval from others. 
This life is YOUR journey, if people judge, you just take it.
Because deep down inside you know what YOU believe in is true and real.

Much Love, Jah bless

-B

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.