Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Is this true?  (Read 2670 times)

Racca

• New User
Is this true?
« on: May 28, 2010, 07:54:52 AM »

I was talking on a chat from another site so I brought up Rastafari, and somebody said that he doesn't like Rastafarians which surprised me. . . so I asked why and thats when he hold me that Rastas believe that Haile Selassie himself is God/Jah, but I disagreed with him. . . and now I'm unsure if hes right or not. . .   ???

Ras He-lem

• Standard User
Re: Is this true?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 06:45:26 AM »

Yes my friend, it is true: His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie First is the true and living God. Those who says he is not, it is because they understand not the mystery of the Bible, nor knoweth the history of Haile Selassie I. The Bible teaches us that God is the true Saviour of the world, therefore, they are bless who knows the joyful Message of the Bible: "Great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh" (I Timothy 3:16). Since the bible tell us God is manifested in the physical form of man, we look therefore in the earth for these fullfilment. Where we look: Psalm 87 saids highest was born in Ethiopia (Zion). Why Haile Selassie I? Because he is the wisest and most faithful Ruler of all ages. Isaiah 9:6-7 saids that "unto us a child is born and unto us a son is given, and the government shall be upon his shoulder and his name shall be called Wonderfull Counselor, The Mighty God, the Eternal Father and Prince of Peace." Since the words of the bible are prophecy, we ought to look therefore for the revelation or reality thereof. November 2, 1930 is the day the prophecy of God was revealed. Ras Tafari was crowned King of kings and Lord of lords, Light of the world, Lion of judah, and Elect of God. Significantly, the Coronation occured on a special or ecclessiastical day, the Sabbath (Seventh day). According to the books of Moses: God spoke to man in the mount, called Zion, on the Sabbath day. This was to be a sign throughout the world that God is real. Deuteronomy 4:32-35. Hebrew 4:4 saids God spoke in a certain place. Hebrew 12:18-23 conveys that we shall be gathered before God in Mt Zion.This mount Zion is Ethiopia, the oldest Religious and civilized Nation in the world. Ethiopia has the richest and purest Christian tradition. Her heritage is envied by many great nations like Italy, who claim to be the origin of Christianity, but history and truth is the final Judge.
My friend study the bible with an open eye. Look at the works of His Majesty and then judge for yourself, if there is any like unto him. Consider that all the religions of the world believe in an invisble God, while giving their glory unto graven images. Jeremaiah 10:1-10 exhort us not to trust in idols, things made with hands, but to trust in the living God, for the leaders of the world cannot be compared unto him. Isaiah 42:8 saids God will not give is praise to graven images. Brother Racca, read the selected speeches of Haile Selassie I, read all his books, research the history and you will find that Emperor Haile Selassie I is truly the greatest Ruler ever lived. He is God, he who was invisible and is now visible, unto those who believe (Hebrew 11:5-6&27, 1 John 3:1-3, Matthew 5:8, Job 19:23-27 and Isaiah 6:5. Read Acts 17:22-30.  8)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 06:52:11 AM by Ras He-lem »

Racca

• New User
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 09:57:31 AM »

Thanks for the information.  :)
This is very interesting to me and it is starting to make sense to me now. . . in a way.  So I'll be sure to research and read into this to gain more knowledge about Haile Selassie I and more related to this.
I've always been impressed just from watching youtube videos and listening reggae containing some meaningful lyrics about the religion and so forth.  Not just because of herb being a holy sacrament, but also because I've always felt very good vibes from it, to the point that I'd have this feeling that I need to learn more with an open mind.  I want to become a rasta and learn a better way of living also.  I've attended at baptist and mormon churches before and felt judged in a way most of the time and trapped within not being able to express myself, because I dont know what reaction I'd get.
But thanks again Ras He-lem, I appreciate the advice and information.  :)

Northlion

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 09:36:43 PM »

Thanks for the information.  :)
This is very interesting to me and it is starting to make sense to me now. . . in a way.  So I'll be sure to research and read into this to gain more knowledge about Haile Selassie I and more related to this.
I've always been impressed just from watching youtube videos and listening reggae containing some meaningful lyrics about the religion and so forth.  Not just because of herb being a holy sacrament, but also because I've always felt very good vibes from it, to the point that I'd have this feeling that I need to learn more with an open mind.  I want to become a rasta and learn a better way of living also.  I've attended at baptist and mormon churches before and felt judged in a way most of the time and trapped within not being able to express myself, because I dont know what reaction I'd get.
But thanks again Ras He-lem, I appreciate the advice and information.  :)

My brother, Rastafari is not a religion Rastafari is LIFE.

Selah

Racca

• New User
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 10:04:12 PM »

Quote from: Northlion link=topic=7556. msg75967#msg75967 date=1275255403
My brother, Rastafari is not a religion Rastafari is LIFE.

Selah
I'll keep that in mind brother :)

rugstore

• Newbie User
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 07:12:38 AM »

Yes he is absolutely right buddy. . . u have to believe in him. .
----
 Rug Store, Rugs, Oriental Rugs, Rug
 Rugs for sale, Rugs Online, Large Rugs, Kilim

prophet777

• Senior User
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 10:50:41 AM »

FACT IS THAT THERE ARE DIVIDED VIEWS ON THIS WITHIN THE RASTA MOVEMENT. SOME RASTA SIGHT HIM AS GOD BUT, THERE ARE MANY OTHERS WHO SIGHT HIM AS IESUS (JESUS) IN HIS RETURN !! THE BIBLE SAYS THAT CHRIST SHALL RETURN IN A NEW NAME AND I AND I SIGHT HIM IN THE FORM OF SELASSIE I. ONE THING YOU HAVE TO KNOW IS THAT ALTHOUGH RASTA HAVE DIFFERENT VIEWS UPON THIS MATTER WE ARE STILL ONE - I AND I STILL LOOK UP TO HIM REGARDLESS OF WHO WE SIGHT HIM TO BE. THERE SHOULD BE NO DIVISION OR HATE TALK JUST BECAUSE SOME SEE IT THIS OR THAT WAY. I FATHER HAS GIVEN I AND I, INDIVIDUALLY, I AND I OWN PERSPECTIVES ON THIS MATTER AND NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO CONDEMN THAT. RASTA IS STILL ONE REGARDLESS OF INDIVIDUAL DIFFERENCES IN OPINIONS UPON THIS MATTER.

P7
ME NAH COM' FE BOW - ME COM' FE CONQUER !!

surfmon_I

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 12:05:59 PM »

Well Put Bredren Prophet.
This post is a good rasponce to the reality of the fact that there are differing views regarding some of the finer points that ones come face to face with.  It may be applied to other current reasonings, and the statement pins the truth that although we see things in different ways, the Larger objective lens reveals the fact we ARE One.
  The relationship with God is a personal thing, and therefore must be expressed from ones own perspective.  Although there are differing levels of reality, it does not alter the overall truth.
   Now, if we could only remember that the lens we are looking thru must be acknowledged, along with the view of the other, while reasoning, ...then, we can learn something from anothers perspective and therefore further our own view when looking at a issue at a more up close, magnified objective lens of the mind.

Racca

• New User
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 09:18:31 PM »

The advice I'm getting about this is very much appreciated. :) This makes more sense then before and I'm starting to understand better. Peace&Love  Much Respekt!  ;D

rastafari

• Full User
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 09:34:48 PM »

It's a shame people don't take their own advice cause the same ones who run their mouth about unity and no hate talk and respecting I's rights to a different faith will chat non stop about the "fools who believe in the lie-Baal".
To see your hurt would be their greatest ambition

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 01:18:01 AM »

It's a shame people don't take their own advice cause the same ones who run their mouth about unity and no hate talk and respecting I's rights to a different faith will chat non stop about the "fools who believe in the lie-Baal".

now you talk about people when you have an issue with P7, you should recognize he is a person and not blame people for what a person does

rastafari

• Full User
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 08:06:54 AM »

Liar, That was just one example of many I have observed. This one just happened to be contained to the topic. Which now your complicit with for being an intentional distraction again though petty accusations against me.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 08:08:13 AM by rastafari »
To see your hurt would be their greatest ambition

prophet777

• Senior User
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 09:28:01 AM »

now you talk about people when you have an issue with P7, you should recognize he is a person and not blame people for what a person does

Oskar don't worry 'bout this one - unlike him I and I are able to learn new things and change I and I views on certain subjects after receiving more information upon that subject. I and I are able to move on and not be stuck up to just one stubborn view. I and I are able to expand and grow intellectually and not be constrained by a stone-henge thinking mentality. The funny thing is that, after I posted the Mutabaruka link on "The Bible (please reason)", he had nothing more to say. So he ran around looking for an older posting of I in order to start some more commotion. LMAO. That's how babylon works when you get them "trapped" - they start "bringing out the old laundry" in order to satisfy their own egos and in order to try and degrade you when, indeed, they are degrading them own selves by such foolishness. I really wonder why you even further bother answering to his slandering, blasphemous, rude, one way thinking and arrogant postings. I, for Iself, have stopped replying to him seeing that it just destroys a threads real context and is a waste of time.

Besides that, I only posted what I posted above because the starter of this topic wanted to know about these differences in opinions regarding H.I.M.

Right now I and I sight H.I.M. as the African King who is the "nucleus" of the Rasta movement as Mutabaruka and some other Rasta elders say. It dos not mean I and I have to follow what H.I.M. followed. The way Mutabaruka see it is the way I and I now see it. H.I.M. is no supernatural being that everyone try to make of H.I.M. in I and I eyes. H.I.M. even denied being God or Jesus from what I have heard....So much to that. Check this link for more info :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdAXGmYRSlY&feature=related

I posted the same link on "The Bible (please reason)." Enjoy it.

P7
Posted on: August 12, 2010, 09:46:16 AM
For those of you who wonder about H.I.M. denying to be Jesus. For those of you who want to know what H.I.M. said regarding that. Here is that part of the interview that took place :

Bill Mc Neil: "there are millions of Christians throughout the world, your Imperial Majesty, who regard you as the reincarnation of Jesus Christ."

Selassie I: "I had heard of that idea. I also met certain Rastafarians. I told them clearly that 'I am a Man,' that 'I am mortal,' and that 'I would be replaced by the oncoming generation, and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that the human being is emanated from a deity.'"

P7
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 09:30:20 AM by prophet777 »
ME NAH COM' FE BOW - ME COM' FE CONQUER !!

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.