Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Mosaic Law For Christians  (Read 1986 times)

donaldjerry

• Newbie User
Mosaic Law For Christians
« on: May 29, 2010, 11:34:48 AM »

In a recent discussion at Bible study we considered which of the 600+ laws from the Books of Law are applicable to Christians.  Many felt that only the 10 commandments applied.  The more I study the lessons in the Gospel of Matthew, the more I think perhaps we are subject to most of the laws - excluding blood sacrifice laws which were fulfilled by the great sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ.

hxxp: www. thekjvbibleonline. com
Christian blog

surfmon_I

Re: Mosaic Law For Christians
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 01:00:15 PM »

Let us take a look at one...Sabbath.  How many keep this one day separate from any other?  and...to what degree.  There are so many that talk straight and narrow yet walk pon a boulevard, wide way of ease and comfort.  Let us talk of the laws and then honestly admit to what it is the we practice.
  Bredren, yesterday was Memorial day in the States, and it is a day I imagine most countries have in one form or another.  The day inevitably has a speaker which gives a prayer,  in our town it was a Christian priest.  how is it that in a crowd of people they could use words like Honor, sacrifice defend freedom, Blessed country... on and on, but all i keep thinkin bout is THOU SHALL NOT KILL. At the end... Our Lord Jesus Christ...as if Christians are the only ones that matter and are the majority within our local populatiion.  ( probably a true, but language should take into account a greater vision than the majority)
  The disconnect leaves a canyon to cross, wide and deep, trying to figure out how anyone could pledge allegiance to a country that doest not support and actively pursue Liberty and Justice for ALL.

So I say, we can look to the New Covennant which is a Re~Newed covenant, which shows us that the law is written on our hearts.  This law is inherrant in us all and within this lifetime manifest through free choice.  It is not an individual intrupretation, but rather a common thread which binds us all.

All thanks and Praise unto the Most I  JAH !<
RasTafari.

Peace_Loving

• Regular User
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 09:20:29 PM »

So I say, we can look to the New Covennant which is a Re~Newed covenant, which shows us that the law is written on our hearts.  This law is inherrant in us all and within this lifetime manifest through free choice.  It is not an individual intrupretation, but rather a common thread which binds us all.

All thanks and Praise unto the Most I  JAH !<
RasTafari.

I believe, also, that we inherently know the laws of God but many ignore them.  They choose to not see them and eventually, have rooted them from their hearts letting the evilness reign.  We must keep up our guards at all times.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 10:06:29 PM »

The Law is a statute throughout our generations, and Christians are supposed to be grafted in to Israel.

The Law is not Salvation- that is not what I am saying-

But Yah has given us rules for life, and if we follow His rules we will live more abundantly.

Blood sacrifice will be reinstituted in the Messianic Kingdom.

The New Jerusalem will have Her Temple and the Blood will flow day and night.

Ezekiel covers the procedures for the new priesthood.

If one reads the Prophets, well, when I read the Prophets I see over and over how in the destruction that will come those who will safe from the destruction will be those obedient to Yah's Laws.

Bless up.

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.